Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Zileas Yup, another one. Nothing too bad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kurami Kumori

Recruiter

12-10-2010

It's not about the challenge, it's about the lack of complexity... There is nothing mind-wracking about champions. LeBlanc was the first to do that to people and everyone cried. I was so happy that there was FINALLY a champion who had a FANTASTIC early game and a so-so end game. That meant she could be put on a rush team and actually be viable.(Viable as the community uses the word viable.) Challenge is not what I aim for. I want power. Complexity is power. Those who understand complexity, can wield that power. Those who don't, get steam-rolled. Simple.

I don't play ashe, I AM Ashe when I choose her as my champion. Runes, Masteries, Playstyle, Build. Everything that I have watched, researched, theorycrafted, and tested. So yes, she may be "simple", but she gets the job done, and that's what I want as well. And since there are no complex champions that get the job done, then it's Ashe, Shen, Taric, and Amumu all the way.

Kurami Kumori

Recruiter

12-10-2010

@Minrog

Do you play WoW?

Minrog

12-10-2010

Quote:
Sarcos:
@Minrog

Do you play WoW?

I did play it for a while, but I left over a year ago. It has its bright spots, but after 11 years of playing MMORPGs (and another 6 before in text MUDs) the grinding got to me. Don't think I'll play another.

Kurami Kumori

Recruiter

12-10-2010

@OZ whatever your name is, I don't care

Inactive players are uninvolved. Case dismissed.

Kurami Kumori

Recruiter

12-10-2010

Not playing anymore eh? So would you say that you got tired of the repetition?
Since I cannot always wait to reply.

If you did, honestly, get tired of repetition, then you should be agreeing with me. Simplicity goes hand in hand with repetition. If you add complexity, that reduces the chances of something reoccurring, which in turn creates diversity, challenge, and eventually more enthusiastic players. Slower process, greater results.

Minrog

12-10-2010

In some ways, yeah.

I was a Raid Leader/Main Tank/Officer with my guild for years. The responsibility and time requirements were pretty high, keeping people motivated to farm earlier raids for full tier sets ect. Our raid team disintegrated shortly after the Icecrown Arena was released; even though we were doing the hard modes it was pretty boring content. I had offers from some other guilds I had pugged raids with to OT or MT with them, but I just decided it was a good stopping point.

Once you get to a certain point, you've seen everything an MMORPG has to offer. I had an Arena team (troll arms warrior heh) for a bit but I never enjoyed their PVP, I guess Guild Wars and Dark Age of Camelot raised my standards too high. If you aren't raiding or PVPing, you're farming or questing (or leveling alts). Can only do so much of that.

Boldizar

12-10-2010

Anti-Pattern QQ, a Dramatization

"Gourmand": I like sardines on my hamburger.
Chef Zilean: People don't like sardines. They like pickles.
G: Pickles are poor people food. Sardines are subtle, an acquired taste.
CZ: I would rather sell more burgers to more people. Liking pickles doesn't make you a bad person.
G: You have offended my honor. I shall depart when that other sardine burger joint opens next year.
CZ: *shrug* Who wants more pickle burgers?
Customers: Us!

Kurami Kumori

Recruiter

12-10-2010

@the bold one, please place your attention to my original post again, and understand what I am saying.

Obskulum

12-10-2010

You do not speak for the entire community.

Your smug, self important and dismissive attitude really doesn't help your "point." God****ed suppressed correlative.

SkyClaw

12-10-2010

Downvoted because there's already a thread that Zileas is reponding to about this, we don't need a new one.