Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is RP+ from American Express Serve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vesh

Game Designer

09-13-2013

Hey guys,

As you might have seen, we teamed up with American Express Serve so that they could offer a full service reloadable prepaid account that offers RP rewards for loading/spending money. We’ve heard some rumors going around about some of the features of the RP+ card as well as questions about what the card actually is.

(If you want to know all the details on how the card works, check out our FAQ and announcement here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21847529-American-Express-Serve-RP-FAQ)

Is RP+ a scam?
No, it’s not a scam! This is an official partnership, but make sure when you’re on the signup page where you enter your login information that the top level domain of the site is either auth.pvp.net or riotgames.com. Currently it’s https://auth.pvp.net/clients/amex/login.jsp .

What if I want to withdraw money from an ATM?
There are no ATM fees if you use your American Express Serve Card at an ATM in the MoneyPass ATM network. American Express Serve charges a $2 ATM fee for ATM withdrawals outside of the MoneyPass ATM network. In addition, ATM owner fees may apply. Transaction limits apply. Subject to account privileges/permissions.

Can I overdraft with this card? Will I be charged anything if I overdraft?
No, if you do not have a backup funding source designated, you can only spend the money that you have added to your account.

Why do they need my social security number?
To verify identity. Everyone who signs up with needs to provide a SSN. They want to make sure you are who you say you are!

Why are they asking for a photocopy/fax of my social security card and/or photo ID? My friend didn’t have to do this!
Every player is different, and sometimes additional proof of identity may be needed. Especially for the younger players!

How exactly do I meet the “Direct Deposit” requirement?
Set up Direct Deposit with your employer! This is different from transferring money into your Serve account from another personal account or check/cash deposit.

Will this affect my credit score?
Nope. This is not a credit card and will not affect your credit score at all.

My card isn’t here yet! Halp!
It’ll usually take 5-7 business days to get your card, so hang tight and if you still don’t receive it, contact American Express’ support department at 1-800-954-0559.

How can I tell when the RP is credited to my LoL account?
Your transaction history in the store should have entries like the ones seen below:

I didn’t get any RP yet!
In most cases, you will receive your RP instantly. However, please allow up to 6 days for RP to appear in your League of Legends game account once you sign up for RP+, after your funds transfer is complete, or once your eligible Card purchase settles.
Once the sign-up process has been completed, your Serve account enters a “Pended” state. This means that your account is being reviewed for authenticity. It can take up to 6 days to verify your email address with Serve.
To check the current state of your account, log in to Serve. If it says “Your Account is being reviewed” at the top of the page after you log in, your account is currently “Pended”.
The RP will be credited to your account after it has unpended.

Can I get this card if I live outside the US?
We’re sorry, but RP+ from American Express Serve is only available to U.S. residents at this time. Consequently, only the NA accounts are eligible for registration and RP rewards.
If you have any other questions that aren’t addressed here or in our official FAQ, we’ll be reading and responding to comments in this thread throughout the week!

Phil Stone

09-13-2013

1st Blood
wish I was american :s

mawshhawd

09-13-2013

I have this and I love it c:

bcwik

09-13-2013

Thanks for the info c:

I Surge I

Recruiter

09-13-2013

They told me to FAX them my Social Security Card, along with photo ID. no thanks.

Phil Stone

09-13-2013

Quote:
Brony Burner:
They told me to FAX them my Social Security Card, along with photo ID. no thanks.

man if you were actually reading what others were saying when they got these cards out instead of spamming threads
and it's a good thing I have fek blacklisting you

Greenwheel

09-13-2013

mine is on the way!

Edit: You're a little late on this topic Vesh.

Splendid Cake

09-13-2013

Vesh pls

Frostnight

09-13-2013

Beep Boop.

I am a Roh-Butt. Fear me, Humans!

BrandNameZombie

09-13-2013

Quote:
Brony Burner:

guess you should have remembered ur security questions