Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Exactly, backdooring is part of the game.

Why the hell should you know when I'm coming to destroy things?

Tuks

12-21-2009

You all missing the point..
This is a game, with rules.. not war

for whoever quoted me.. you CANNOT teleport to a inibitor, so the solution to not be backdored is hugh the inibitor til the game ends? do teamfights with 4 leaving someone behind? seems like realy stupid to me..
why making the nibitors respawn if its that easy to kill them again..

Teleport to a shrom in grass near enemy base, backdoor at will..
Walk invisible to enemy base, backdoor at will...
Walk over jungle, come out close to inib unseen becouse nothing gives you visualof sorroundings.

In any case, being backdores is not well seen, everyone knows it, but still, they recognize it as a Tactic becouse it wins games that are lost..
Learn to be good loosers, when a game is lost, its lost..

Sefam

Recruiter

12-21-2009

Quote:
Tuks:

for whoever quoted me.. you CANNOT teleport to a inibitor, so the solution to not be backdored is hugh the inibitor til the game ends? do teamfights with 4 leaving someone behind? seems like realy stupid to me..

Walk over jungle, come out close to inib unseen becouse nothing gives you visualof sorroundings.

In any case, being backdores is not well seen, everyone knows it, but still, they recognize it as a Tactic becouse it wins games that are lost..

Why does the ENEMY have to KNOW where I'M GOING NEXT when they can just dominate my face like they did in the last FIVE MINUTES. IF I am going to learn to be a good loser, I am going to surrender like small baby team.

Linden Ryuujin

12-21-2009

Quote:
Tuks:

Exactly, if you were unable to defend against some backdooring just loose gracefully.

Geekweezul

12-21-2009

Quote:
Tuks:

Oh God, I hope I'm never on your team. If there's a chance to win a game I'm losing, I'm going to take that chance. I'm not going to sit around going, "well, we could win if we did this, but it would make the enemy cry". Screw that. I'm going to do everything I can to win.

Sythion

12-21-2009

Quote:
AdmiralKrunk:
The difference is, in low level DotA play people wouldn't get TP's as much as they should and it would be trouble to stop a backdooring hero. One of the reasons it's not frowned upon is that it's realistic, you'd attack an unguarded base in a real battle (much like the reasoning for no denies: who would kill their own allies?)

If you are having trouble with backdooring I'd suggest one of the following:

1) Gank backdooring heroes, keep them underleveled, and keep them from getting farmed esp. in jungle (i.e. Yi, Twitch, Tyrnd, etc.)

2) Get Teleport. Yes, it CAN be used on towers. However, you cannot target towers that have a further tower in that lane still standing (i.e. Inhibitor Turret when Inner Turret is still standing). That shouldn't be much of an issue though, since backdoorers can't target those towers anyways.

3) Get Fortify. It's like a better version of TP from DotA since the tower can still attack and gets boosted while you're using it. In the meantime, Recall to base or Teleport.

4) Don't all leave base when an inhibitor is exposed. Unless a lot are dead or they have Inhibitors down/exposed you should probably be turtling, waiting for them to push, then counter with a gank.

5) Guard towers with skills (i.e. Heimer's turrets, Teemo's mushrooms, Nadlee's traps). They may not kill the backdoorer, but they'll at least slow them down.

All-in-all with a few basic strats you can easily prevent backdooring. Hope this helped, because I don't think the Devs or the Community will ever be opposed to backdooring.

6) Watch your **** mini-map. If a BD possible champ is not accounted for they are going to backdoor you.

It's really pretty easy.

Sythion

12-21-2009

Quote:
Tuks:
This is a game, with rules.. not war..

Then why don't you accept the rules instead of trying to impose your own? So you don't have to adapt to a more difficult strategy.

Quote:
Tuks:

Well, here's where the game becomes interesting. First off, if you've lost an inhibitor tower, you are probably not winning the game. You have to adjust and adapt to a new play style. This means watching your map and trying to determine what the opponent is doing. Often, this does mean defending a base or staying close to the river, or baiting an opposing team into doing a full on attack. If you can win the team battle (or just kill the BDing character who thinks you're distracted), you have a chance to push and make the game even, changing the way you have to look at the game again.

Quote:
Tuks:

These exact tactics can be used to counter BDing too.

Quote:
Tuks:

Actually, I view it to be a very good and important tactic that improves the strategic depth of the game. I dislike people who argue that backdooring isn't fair, because I feel they are trying to make the game more shallow and strategically simple. They do this because it will give them an advantage: they don't have to try to adapt.

WholeGrn

12-21-2009

From Sun Tzu's Art of War:

2. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles
is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists
in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Spitball1074

12-21-2009

Backdooring is ret***ed. Idk y ppl think it's fair. First off, I'd like to point out that Riot themselves said this game was meant to be won by teamwork, not by a single farmed hero. By that logic, backdooring is the exact opposite of what Riot planned since a single farmed hero can, in fact, win by backdooring turrets. Good job contradicting your own words Riot. Also, how is backdooring fair at all? If it's allowed, y not just send your whole team in to backdoor the turrets in every lane until they go down? Don't say "cuz you'll all die" or something like that cuz 5 summoner heals is more than enough to take down 1 turret if the opposing team's members are all in different lanes. Sure they can just tp in, but since there aren't ne tp scrolls, there's a high probability that the majority of the team's tp spells are going to be on cooldown, thus, resulting in them not reaching in time to defend. And even if one or two people could tp in, they'd just get annihilated and picked off in a few seconds. Lastly, I want to point out that backdooring is not fair because it completely defeats the purpose of defense since you can't plan out where you're going to defend a turret and when. You could argue "oh, it's more realistic" or "that just means you have to defend better", but what's realistic about one person taking down a whole team? Also, if a lane's completely pushed and your heroes are all at the inner turrets of the enemy team, then, all of a sudden, one person pops out back at your base to take down your tower with no1 there to guard him, how is it even possible to guard him? And again, I'd like to point out that the 8 sec casting time of base tp and the extremely long cooldown on summoner tp don't really help when someone's pummeling away at your base.

12-21-2009

Backdooring is tactics. Get over it. I do it with TF all the time.