Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prkl8r

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
Don't forget, the towers get bonus armor if they are being backdoored.
So the game knows when a creep wave is past the tower and gives an armor bonus when one is? i don't think that's right, and if you mean a tower is being killed before the previous tower was killed, I didn't think you could do that, but maybe you can.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Actually, you can summoner teleport to any non-invincible turret in any lane.

i.e. the inner after the outer has been destroyed, etc
In other words, the outermost (surviving) turret.

Arthas Menethil

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuks View Post
Not even close..
dota teleport is 3 sec cast, and you cast directly to the tower being atacked in a positio you like.

LoL has a 8 Sec cast teleport to BASE and you end up like 10 sec from being close to the atacker.. who posible can kill the tower and inib in under 6 sec anyways.
And Sumoner Teleport cant be used on an inib or a turret.. you need a unit, so its useless.

so til this game has some item to teleport to the backdoring dude, all games can be won with tath cheap tactic..

I played far too many games that end up being WON/LOST by this, and it sucks bawls.. no gratification, no nothing.. just run to enemy base, kill everything.. then procede to screw the game for the others.
Somebody is new to LoL.

The SHP

12-20-2009

can Riot make an auto-response to these threads that responds immediately with "backdooring is legal" and then immediately lock the thread?

seriously, it's completely legit. And it's not "cheap". If you're only concern is offense and you have no mind for defense or map awareness then you deserve to lose to backdooring, cuz you're not playing the game well enough. Just because a strategy beats you, and just because it's quite effective on low level pubs doesn't mean it's cheap. It's like calling Twitch cheap cuz you didn't counter him with vision or teamwork. It means you're not adapting to the gameplay.

Streamline

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
Backdooring is a strategy that is completely allowed in League of Legends. Riot wants summoner rift games to last ~30minutes so if you at a point in the game where someone is farmed enough to kill a tower without any assistance.. then it really doesn't matter.

Side note: You may want to use the search function. People are probably tired of reading these threads asking about this.
The time they want games to last is lame. If they want games to be so short, they need to up XP and gold gain by A LOT. 30 minutes most of my teammates are barely 15, while I'm usually 18 in a good game but don't have an inventory. Having an inventory is the fun and competitive. Riot said they wanted LoL to be aggressive, they also said they wanted it to get into the action quicker as well. If you finish the game with 3 items and a laughable KDR because you did not have enough time to roflstomp the teammates, how are us elitists suppose to have any fun? Rant rant rant, I know, rant off now though.

AdmiralKrunk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuks View Post
Not even close..
dota teleport is 3 sec cast, and you cast directly to the tower being atacked in a positio you like.

LoL has a 8 Sec cast teleport to BASE and you end up like 10 sec from being close to the atacker.. who posible can kill the tower and inib in under 6 sec anyways.
And Sumoner Teleport cant be used on an inib or a turret.. you need a unit, so its useless.

so til this game has some item to teleport to the backdoring dude, all games can be won with tath cheap tactic..

I played far too many games that end up being WON/LOST by this, and it sucks bawls.. no gratification, no nothing.. just run to enemy base, kill everything.. then procede to screw the game for the others.
The difference is, in low level DotA play people wouldn't get TP's as much as they should and it would be trouble to stop a backdooring hero. One of the reasons it's not frowned upon is that it's realistic, you'd attack an unguarded base in a real battle (much like the reasoning for no denies: who would kill their own allies?)

If you are having trouble with backdooring I'd suggest one of the following:

1) Gank backdooring heroes, keep them underleveled, and keep them from getting farmed esp. in jungle (i.e. Yi, Twitch, Tyrnd, etc.)

2) Get Teleport. Yes, it CAN be used on towers. However, you cannot target towers that have a further tower in that lane still standing (i.e. Inhibitor Turret when Inner Turret is still standing). That shouldn't be much of an issue though, since backdoorers can't target those towers anyways.

3) Get Fortify. It's like a better version of TP from DotA since the tower can still attack and gets boosted while you're using it. In the meantime, Recall to base or Teleport.

4) Don't all leave base when an inhibitor is exposed. Unless a lot are dead or they have Inhibitors down/exposed you should probably be turtling, waiting for them to push, then counter with a gank.

5) Guard towers with skills (i.e. Heimer's turrets, Teemo's mushrooms, Nadlee's traps). They may not kill the backdoorer, but they'll at least slow them down.

All-in-all with a few basic strats you can easily prevent backdooring. Hope this helped, because I don't think the Devs or the Community will ever be opposed to backdooring.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prkl8r View Post
So the game knows when a creep wave is past the tower and gives an armor bonus when one is? i don't think that's right, and if you mean a tower is being killed before the previous tower was killed, I didn't think you could do that, but maybe you can.
The towers gain armor when there are no enemy creeps around.

Arthas Menethil

12-21-2009

People against backdooring in war I wouldn't trust to be in any kind of military position. They'd say, "Let's defeat the enemy by a duel to the death!"

TheRaven

Recruiter

12-21-2009

backdooring is perfectly reasonable its a very old military strategy as well.

Xeatoa

12-21-2009

Quote:
who would kill their own allies?)
/facepalm
watch more war movies