Backdooring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exiled Reaper

12-20-2009

I'd like to know what the rules are IF there are any regarding backdooring, frankly I've had too many games where my team has the upper hand and then the opposing team has one champion (master yi, tryndamere usually fighters and tanks) back door our towers and inhibitors and it ruins the game is there any type of penalty for this or are there no rules at all?

Canis

12-20-2009

No rules against it or penalties.

Yi, Trynd, Shaco can solo a tower each and an inhib without issue and push the nexus and win most of the time while 2 people defend.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-20-2009

Backdooring is a strategy that is completely allowed in League of Legends. Riot wants summoner rift games to last ~30minutes so if you at a point in the game where someone is farmed enough to kill a tower without any assistance.. then it really doesn't matter.

Side note: You may want to use the search function. People are probably tired of reading these threads asking about this.

GodwinGrech

12-20-2009

yi is a free kill when he tries this. just intercept him and stun him and your going to be eating fried wuju. but no there is no rules against it

Economics

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled Reaper View Post
I'd like to know what the rules are IF there are any regarding backdooring, frankly I've had too many games where my team has the upper hand and then the opposing team has one champion (master yi, tryndamere usually fighters and tanks) back door our towers and inhibitors and it ruins the game is there any type of penalty for this or are there no rules at all?
It's already better than DotA since you have free base teleportation.

Tuks

12-20-2009

Not even close..
dota teleport is 3 sec cast, and you cast directly to the tower being atacked in a positio you like.

LoL has a 8 Sec cast teleport to BASE and you end up like 10 sec from being close to the atacker.. who posible can kill the tower and inib in under 6 sec anyways.
And Sumoner Teleport cant be used on an inib or a turret.. you need a unit, so its useless.

so til this game has some item to teleport to the backdoring dude, all games can be won with tath cheap tactic..

I played far too many games that end up being WON/LOST by this, and it sucks bawls.. no gratification, no nothing.. just run to enemy base, kill everything.. then procede to screw the game for the others.

Tactorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Map awareness. My group of friends rarely has any trouble at all with backdooring. If we get backdoored, we just laugh to ourselves for being stupid. Hell we even use the strat in nearly all of our games. If the other team is clustered up 3 to 5 in one lane/jungle, why not send someone to beat on their open turret? Other strats may still get our noob asses, but certainly not backdooring!

Zingmaster

12-20-2009

you can summoner teleport to the outermost turret in any lane.

Karrot

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingmaster View Post
you can summoner teleport to the outermost turret in any lane.
Actually, you can summoner teleport to any non-invincible turret in any lane.

i.e. the inner after the outer has been destroyed, etc

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-20-2009

Don't forget, the towers get bonus armor if they are being backdoored.