[Guide] Katarina - Build/Tactics Top Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

****ing *** **** the ******* ***. no, i'm not cursing, i just like asterisks.

furor is a nice katarina, you should listen to him. he sure wins my games for me.

dodge isn't additiive but the nimbleness mastery is great on kat since she has high dodge. dodge runes are great on katarina since you get nimbleness.

one question though, does kat die easily to casters?

personally, i think the magic resist glyph might be better. i really don't play katarina so it may be a noob opinion but:

flat magic pen glyph = .56 magic pen
flat magic resist glyph = 1.49 magic res
magic resist/level glyph at lvl 18 = 2.7

we're talking about 3-5x multiplier differences...

i think magic resist/level is better.

magic res glyphs are really really cheap too.

p.s. i hate you because you have 7 pages of comments while my guides have trouble filling up one page. wtb: mojo for my posts.

IMSavior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

i was going to reply to you and try to pound ideas into your ignorant head and help you out

but then...i read this

Quote:
First off, KI + Shunpo dodge bonus is additive, not multiplicative. Even the tooltip suggests it is additive: "increases dodge by" is a red flag for "add". If you didn't know that about basic mathematics written in English form, then you sir deserve a dunce-cap.
and figured out you are just talking out of your ass and you have no clue about base mechanics of the game, so it would be useless to try and talk sense into you

have fun!

Bait

12-24-2009

and i'm ignored ; ;.

Indecent

12-24-2009

Bait, I love your constant presence in these forums and your lack of any capitalization. <3

Arthas Menethil

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
i was going to reply to you and try to pound ideas into your ignorant head and help you out

but then...i read this

and figured out you are just talking out of your ass and you have no clue about base mechanics of the game, so it would be useless to try and talk sense into you

have fun!
lol, another person who thinks he's better than he is

as opposed to Furor, who is arrogant but has the right to

you lose. have a nice day

azritan

12-25-2009

hi amazing guide! sorry if this sounds noob but 1) how do you check elo? 2) would u rec. banshee's veil to avoid being disabled? p.s. lvl 30 and i tried the runes build with 3 greater quints of fort. makes survival much easier.

Furor

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
one question though, does kat die easily to casters?
Not really. Most of the danger comes from other carries that can hit relatively hard single-target.

Quote:
personally, i think the magic resist glyph might be better. i really don't play katarina so it may be a noob opinion but:

flat magic pen glyph = .56 magic pen
flat magic resist glyph = 1.49 magic res
magic resist/level glyph at lvl 18 = 2.7

we're talking about 3-5x multiplier differences...
Part of guaranteeing the carry-ability of a champion is emphasizing early game strength so that you can gather up kills. Between Treads and Aegis, I rarely need any more magic resist. Most casters will think twice before engaging a Katarina 1 on 1 to begin with, or at close range in a team fight.

I'm tired right now, but the basic gist is that I favor early game potency over late game, because most of my games end before lvl 18. And at this time, casters aren't very popular, so you'll rarely see more than 2 that have a majority of their damage as magic. And normally, these will also be the easiest targets to kill in a team fight.

That's not to say that investing in those runes can't work, or won't be good. But as far as this guide is concerned, I don't favor them.

Quote:
p.s. i hate you because you have 7 pages of comments while my guides have trouble filling up one page. wtb: mojo for my posts.
Everyone loves the bas.tard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviorzelda
have fun!
k bro. Saves me time from having to deal with your nub****. Go 1-8 more in your low Elo games. Because surely, you represent all that I don't know. About sucking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthas Menethil
as opposed to Furor, who is arrogant but has the right to
Question is, is that more arrogance or confidence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azritan
sorry if this sounds noob but 1) how do you check elo? 2) would u rec. banshee's veil to avoid being disabled?
1. You cannot currently check your Elo unless you can get a hold of one of the Riot Staff that are able to check the information. Pendragon has been known to give out Elo but whether that is currently still true is beyond me. The only other way is to get to Top 500 and find your name in that list that's updated about every month.

2. I think I may have explained this earlier in the thread, but I don't see the point of getting Veil when there are so many spam spells that can hit you before you even get close enough to Shunpo that it ends up being a waste of gold beyond the health and MR (wasted on mana). The recharge time is most-often longer than a team fight's duration, so the chances of it coming up again and saving you aren't very high. That gold is better spent on something like Warmog's that will help more with survivability. Most of the time, Patience is a virtue when dealing with teams with lots of disables. Of course, you aren't always awarded time to be patient, but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

Gandalf 007

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post

but then...i read this

have fun!
You

Are

Bad.

MiCrOwAvEz

12-25-2009

Haha, this savior guy is awesome and I hope for his sake pulling off an epic troll on Furor.

Any time I see katarina go for Rylai's I've already added the next win to my account. Furor might be wrong about a couple of % of dodge chance but that is far far far less of a mistake than building a non-damage ****arina who can't get through 1/2 of a tanks HP before the ult is over.

Please go rylai's and whatever else man and let us take freewins off you, have fun beating scrubs and scrubs only.

Sasbik Soulvenom

12-26-2009

love the build but why not throw in a nashors tooth at the end of the build after the 2x bts?