[Guide] Katarina - Build/Tactics Top Tier

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

taconight

12-21-2009

good stuff thanks for the reply and insight and an awesome well detailed guide.

seresibyl

12-21-2009

Sooo many people building like this now.

Kind of depressing

Indecent

12-21-2009

The guide is great and I certainly haven't lost with it. I find that some champions, like Twitch are free kills. I merely think that this is still just a game and therfore should be treated as such.

dreamenddischarger

12-21-2009

I just now noticed you made the guide. Thanks for that. I mgiht also point out that getting 2x sunfire capes followed by an atmas and then BT/Infinity is VERY strong as well, especially if you are lacking tanks on the team. Kat is just so versatile.

Koalaphant

12-22-2009

cant brag that i am in the top 500 elo, play too many pugs and with too many bad friends who have low elo. But i play kat very aggressive and usually have a 4-1 ratio with her at a bad game. You focus more on early survivability when i look for their better players and make sure to out gank them for the team. Our builds are just in a difference of play styles, the only time i really need survivability is if a let the game last for over 40 min, then people start to catch up with their farming.

Melonyan

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamenddischarger View Post
I just now noticed you made the guide. Thanks for that. I mgiht also point out that getting 2x sunfire capes followed by an atmas and then BT/Infinity is VERY strong as well, especially if you are lacking tanks on the team. Kat is just so versatile.
This sounds fun, probablly gonna try it later. The thing with sunfire capes I've always wondered though is how wide of an area is the aoe? I tried out tiamat once but the aoe was so piddly it barely even mattered. It was worse than the pre-nerf battlefuries on dota.

TrrZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Thanks, Furor. Though few more posts like 'Kat is UP!!!!!' would be nice )

some notes though
1) It's a top tier guide. It's supposed that your teammates are adequate. That they'll stun and slow for you. Things can be much different when you don't know what to expect from your allies.
But as any guide, this only shows direction. You should vary your build and tactics according to the conditions

2) Somebody might've said that, but flash does interrupt deathlotus. sad

3) Kat can turn the game. But remember that she is good at the begining ang becomes worse to the level 5. She is really weak (relatively) at levels 10 and 15. You'll lack your death lotus damage in teamfights desperately but once you hit 16 you r a much more
menace for the enemy

4) Killing fed Yi one on one using killer instincts dodge is so much fun ). He'll be like 'WTF!? ARE U UNHITABLE!?'. Well, that's in lower tier. 1 on 1 isn't what this game is about

Koalaphant

12-22-2009

so i tested out your build, its pretty solid but i felt too passive early game, gonna try to merge our builds will let you know what i come up with, kat is a really good champ =D

btw tank kat just tried it, really fun but ended up while way too many assists for my liking but it was good

Nateku

12-22-2009

Hey, first of all, I have to say this is an amazing guide. Even used in scrub pug groups, the amount of health you get from this build makes staying alive simple.

My question isn't really about the build, just about Death Lotus in general. How many daggers total does Kat throw over the full channeling time? Also, how many daggers per second? Sorry if this has been posted somewhere before or if it's common knowledge, I couldn't find it with search. Thanks.

Blasian

12-22-2009

I don't even play Katarina and I was able to pickup a lot from this guide. Well done.