Fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mcgunner

12-20-2009

I've been wanting to try fiddlesticks out but I cant seem to find any up to date guides to help start me out. Anybody know of one or have some advice on fiddlesticks?

Nieco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

I started using him yesterday and he is cool !!
my build for spell is flash and heal
for skills I add 2/1/2/1/2/4/2/1/2/1/4/1/3/3/3/4/3/3
for items I just follow the recommended cause me still newbie xD

XrBob

12-20-2009

As far as skills go I really like ult>darkwind>fear>drain, though get one drain level early to help you stay in lane. It also helps to use either flash or ghost to make sure you can keep in range of people while using crowstorm. Otherwise, general caster items work well enough, though boots of swiftness can help. Rod of ages, maybe abyssal scepter.

PizzaAnalogyGuy

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrBob View Post
As far as skills go I really like ult>darkwind>fear>drain, though get one drain level early to help you stay in lane. It also helps to use either flash or ghost to make sure you can keep in range of people while using crowstorm. Otherwise, general caster items work well enough, though boots of swiftness can help. Rod of ages, maybe abyssal scepter.

If fiddle advice was like a pizza, then this post would be a chicken, bbq, pineapple, salami, and provolone pizza with a large Mt. Dew and chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Cthulhu fhtagn

12-20-2009

For Fiddles, I usually take Flash and Teleport for Summoner Skills. For Masteries, I go up the Offensive tree until I get to the Magic Pen mastery, and put the rest of my points in the Utility tree.

My item build is usually Sorc's Boots, Rod of Ages x 2, Rylia's Scepter for spells that slow (used to put Majai's here, but it got nerfed), and after that it depends. If I want more CD reduction I'll usally go for Nashor's Tooth and/or Fronzen Heart. If the other team has a good tank like Cho'gath, I'll get Deathfire's Grasp and shut him down, and then maybe a Void Staff if the game is going on a bit.

I prefer to take Dark Wind as my starting skill and focus on building it and Terrify up as I level. I usually don't get Drain until Lvl 7 unless of course I'm being harassed a lot and need extra health to stay in my lane.

discomatt

12-20-2009

Fiddle is by FAR my favorite char.

Go magic pen for blue and red runes, health for quints and yellow runes. Quints can be pen as well, but I think it's overkill

Level crowstorm as priority, and i ususally share priority with dark wind and fear... sometimes i'll only get wind to 3 before maxing fear (it's a great spell). Drain comes last.

Items - I start with blue elixer, 3hp pots and 1 mana pot. Save the elixer for 6 if you can... if oyu find you need the extra damage, pop it any time. Keeping an elixer up is fairly cheap and it is a pretty good boost for it's cost.

I go sorc boots first, followed by void staff, abyssal, guise - from there rylai's, as crowstorm will cause the slow, or sunfire capes if they're DPS heavy (the damage from the cape is increased by your magic pen)

Reason - The order magic pen/reduc works is - Reduction, % Pen, Flat pen

Fiddle gets 16 magic reduc as a passive, 20 from scep. So -36 before void staff. With masteries, you should have another 15% pen. -55% from void+mastery. -10+ from runes, -20 from boots, -20 from guise.

An opponent with 100 magic resist -> (100 - 36) * .45 - (10 + 20 + 20) = -21 Magic resist.

Some will argue going void staff closer to the end is better, due to people stacking MR closer to mid-end game... but I really like the AP from it.

I've stomped games with this build.

One big problem with fiddle - He's not a carry per se. He needs a good team behind him to help finish people off, and to cc as much damage off of you. You need to hit hard and unexpected - NEVER initiate a fight where their DPS are at full HP, unless you're just steamrolling them.

I always use Flash + Tele. Flash is NECESSARY!!!! as it allows you to hop even further with crowstorm. Tele I choose because I love having the mobility.

Charge up crowstorm, flash on top, fear your target, dark wind, and start draining a second target. I tend to fear anyone with flash as a priority, and a DPS/second DPS for drain. Dark wind should hit everyone, but it will silence the first target for longer, so keep that in mind as well

End game you can do TONS of damage with fear+drain any time your ult is down.

Good luck! He's a really fun champ, and a good one will scare the **** out of the other team... He can be as surprising as a twitch, only with better disables and more survivability

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

fiddlesticks is the new op. many top top tier teams have been using him.
the nerf to cleanse helped fiddles a lot.

try:
amp tome
kage pick
fiendish codex
boots of mobility
catalyst
sometimes banshee's veil if there are people to stun you
void staff
when near lvl 15+ upgrade to rod of ages (if you didn't get banshee)
upgrade to deathfire grasp

fiddles is an ultra disabler/massive and i mean MASSIVE aoe dd, and the best jungler.

most top tier fiddles jungle, if you are good at it, you level faster than sticking in a 2-man lane. plus the extra solo lane guy levels like hell.

to jungle, you just need amplifying tome and drain. smite helps, not necessary but i would strongly recommend it. you can do golem/lizard king at lvl 1 very quickly and easily with smite.

fiddles is so strong he can solo golem/liz king without smite but speed is of the essence.

with golem buff, fiddles can solo dragon at around lvl 5. (yes, golem buff is necessary for the cd reduction which helps a lot.)

aside from smite, id recommend flash for your ult. it also helps you run from ganks while ur jungling.

fiddles combos:
fear + drain = enemy runs, loses a chunk of health, and nothing they can do about it.
fear + lizard buff attack = lunatic runs like a turtle and dies
crow storm + dark wind = massive aoe damage + massive multi-target damage + massive silence
crow storm + dark wind + fear + drain = enemy team cries and you feast on their tears.

you don't drain while crow storm is active if they can run from it, etc.

skill build for jungling:
drain
dark wind
drain
fear
drain
crow storm
dark wind
dark wind
dark wind

condon

12-20-2009

More like FEEDlesticks. Amirite?

Yeah, I'm right.

Bait

12-20-2009

o.O he is feedlesticks in low tier.

but in high tier, he is actually an extremely good champion. i can think of no other champion that is more useful in a 5v5 team fight than fiddlesticks.

discomatt

12-21-2009

For junglesticks I'd suggest against an amp. tome. I'd STILL go with the blue exlier. Again I'd suggest Flash over ANYTHING for that extra instant crow distance, especially with less brush. I will try out ghost though, as it seems pretty cool (my only worry is getting stunned before you can get on top of them - VERY hard to do with flash)

Anyways, with a blue elixer you should be able to out jungle/kill any other jungler. If you are fast enough, you'll get to jungle your half the map, an extra golem, and dragon before it wears off (you'll drop dragon at 4). If you're new to the jungle sticks, or runeless, I'd suggest 5x hp pots or 3x hp pots, 1x mana pot wit the elixer. They aren't necessary, but timing is VERY important and being off can mean death (I've killed dragon with 15hp left several times). When doing dragon, be sure you're on the inside wall, in case company arrives you can flash over it and bail.

Regardless, I like to lane with Fiddle. Unless my lane partner is useless in the first 6, I will get kills which makes up for money lost jungling... It also opens up jungling for another champ on your team, and I LOVE solo'ing top or bottom with sticks. Really, it's preference. Both work well, and fiddle is one of the best junglers out there. A full rune book and you can wipe jungle from level 1 without smite or rally.

If you get decent at it, blue elixer and sight wards is the way to go (imo). Gives you advance notice of ganks, or notice if they're trying to jungle your neuts!