[Guide] Ashe - The Team Queen

12345612 ... 35
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66VrNoCup View Post
i think this is a great guide. i usually rush IE when i play ashe but i might try to rust ghostblade instead.

good work!
Why thanks!

I suggest you take another look at the guide, since I just made some major updates to the item strategies. You can find out what I changed in the change log at the top of the first post.

I like rushing IE as well, but the Brutalizer + Avarice > Ghostblade is a fantastic way to start if you are short on gold early on.

Eledhan

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandal View Post
A little critique, I know this guide is for newer players (as most experienced players tend to understand most of the champions in the game), but I gotta point out one MAJOR flaw. Your masteries. 21 in offense is absolutely fine, but do not. I swear do NOT neglect getting Awareness in the Utility tree. Especially if you are going to solo lane. Every other solo laner will outlevel you and make your life hell. Awareness is the most important mastery in the game. Seriously do not neglect to grab it. Otherwise, everything else is fine. Summoner's are truly a preference, although I don't think any high level player runs Ashe without Flash.
A 5% increase in experience is not worth the magic resistance and HP regen that you would have to sacrifice in my opinion. The only time this will help you is in the race to level 6...which is simply not long enough when solo mid to really show the effect. If it takes 10 minutes to reach level 6 (which seems about right), then you would only ding 30 seconds sooner than if you don't have the mastery. I just can't see this as more valuable than the HP regen and magic resist.

I've updated the guide to show alternate Summoner Spells...I've explained my logic behind the whole Flash vs. Heal debate. That debate seems to be all that anyone takes away from my guides these days...

Anyway, just because a high level player uses Flash doesn't make it the right decision. I respectfully request that you provide your own evidence as to why Flash is better. Otherwise, you're just regurgitating someone else' ideas, and that makes it difficult to determine which spell is best.

Although I feel the spell choice is predominately player preference, I do feel each one has pros and cons. Early game, Heal is better as solo mid, since you can't exactly Flash through a wall, but you can Heal and counter-attack. Late game, Flash is better since you will be running around a lot more, and Heal doesn't get you much survivability later on. I like the stronger early game, since I rarely have issues late game.

Maybe it's because I play predominately Normal games, but that's just my experience. If I come across more success later on with Flash, I'll be happy to make the change, but until then, Heal stays on my list as my own personal preference.

Eledhan

12-10-2010

Guide updated...

Fahgettaboudit

12-10-2010

I had a go at this build before in another thread but you made a new one so less drama and stuff, but.

Still dont know why you want to deviate from

dorans
dorans boots
dorans
bf
iedge
boots2
double elixir
last whisper
banshees

Eledhan

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahgettaboudit View Post
I had a go at this build before in another thread but you made a new one so less drama and stuff, but.

Still dont know why you want to deviate from

dorans
dorans boots
dorans
bf
iedge
boots2
double elixir
last whisper
banshees
Um...

Did you even read the guide where I explained the part about items?

I mean, the item build you posted is exactly what I advise...because you get doran's if you ever reach a point where you can't get any other item...so...basically, if you actually read the guide, you would have seen that I already recommended that.

Gooner1990

12-10-2010

I think you're missing out by now suggesting Randuin as a possible defensive item. The 300 HP, 90 armour, and health regen are the obvious defensive bonus. It also gives chance to slow people when they attack you, and you can use the active to slow people. Either way, they're getting slowed, plus you have more slow! SUPER-SLOW! Also with -15% CD, combine with ghostblade, and I think your arrow is somewhere in the 40 sec-ish CD.

Eledhan

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooner1990 View Post
I think you're missing out by now suggesting Randuin as a possible defensive item. The 300 HP, 90 armour, and health regen are the obvious defensive bonus. It also gives chance to slow people when they attack you, and you can use the active to slow people. Either way, they're getting slowed, plus you have more slow! SUPER-SLOW! Also with -15% CD, combine with ghostblade, and I think your arrow is somewhere in the 40 sec-ish CD.
The problem with Randuin's Omen is that it only helps with attack damage. Ashe really shouldn't be in a position to be hit by attacks, but she is often just within range to be hit by abilities. That's why Banshee's is better.

If you try to build her with 2+ defense items, she lacks too much in damage to really help out. She only really has 3 sources of damage...auto, Volley, and Arrow. Two of these are based on AD, and AP on Ashe is really not smart. You can't do much damage with Ashe without the damage items, and you have to get Banshee's for defense...that doesn't leave another slot for a wasted item like Randuin's.

In addition, she doesn't need the extra cooldown if you don't have to get Last Whisper...Ghostblade + Brutalizer + Masteries + Runes puts you at like 35% cdr...that's a measly 5% short of the cap.

SoulsStealer

12-10-2010

1. Very interesting read....the big thing I see is the use of heal, this ability looks stronger than it is. The timer on it is rather long and the amount healed is not enough IMO. Coming from someone who used it to lvl 30 playing Garen all the time. I always thought it was a great summoner ability, but I was mistaken. I don't look down on people who have it though because it can save your life. Flash is probably an op summoner ability, ghost is also a strong choice. Summoner abilities though should suit the person playing, as long as the person does not get addicted to one set of summoner abilities without trying any of the other solid comps... example being flash/ignite....ghost/ignite....ghost/flash.... so on and so forth

2. suppose an interesting item to discuss is the use of Madreds Bloodrazor? I have seen a whole lot of talk on this item, and a lot of ad carries using it...what are the problems with it? does it ever have a use with ashe?

P.S Appendix B could be a whole lot of writing....haha

Gooner1990

12-10-2010

I think there is definitely a place for MAdred sometimes. Situational, it can be very good.

The reason I suggest Raduin is because I think it gives better value than brutalizer. Brutalizer provides relatively little damage in the late game, while raduin provide quite a bit of protection, plus some slow utlity, and even more CDR.

Team Captain RG

12-10-2010

Good build I was looking for one just to see if what I was using was somewhat "mainstream" and that's literally what I use exactly lol.

12345612 ... 35