Warding for AP Carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D4rkSt0rm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

Alright, so this question has been on my mind for a while. There has been a couple of games now where I have absolutely dominated the lane (earlier I went 2-0 and won the lane). However, when I try to help bottom or top (and bottom/top is feeding), they immediately notice me and countergank which reverse snowballs the game.

I try to tell the support "pink up a pink to remove their wards or get an oracles", but they refuse saying they are a waste. At this point, should I be the sole provider of pink wards even though I would most likely be hurting my DPS? Hell, should I even get an oracles? Normally, I pick up sight wards for my lane, but should I be picking up the wards for other lanes if they are not warding even though I am carrying?

Thanks again.

ViashinoWizard

03-14-2012

The support should be buying them. If they don't understand the importance of dewarding, they just aren't a good support player.

That being said, if your support absolutely refuses to buy them, you should probably buy one or two yourself. Or be Twisted Fate and bypass enemy wards with your ultimate (which also happens to reveal wards if you or a teammate are near them).

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2012

If they notice you coming down you can always go through the jungle to get into position. So if you're on blue you could get down to bot by going through your jungle and going by dragon and waiting in the tribush on your side. Or if you're on blue and you want to gank top you can go into their jungle and go past baron and wait in their tribush which probably isn't warded. and then you can always sneak past them into the side bushes in either lane and wait there which they probably won't expect.

Mufari

Recruiter

03-15-2012

I would agree that whoever is playing support should be warding and if possible removing the enemies wards. If your jungler gets Wriggles that allows for one free ward which should be placed whenever available to help top/bot ... if they have already warded the river bush, then this ward should go across from either dragon.

If the enemy has river warded, then cpandarun's suggestion of using your own jungle is a wise choice as the enemy usually does not ward this early game unless they are counter-jungling (and even then sometimes they dont). If you are trying to assist with the gank from tri-bush ... you will need to use flash to get in fast or allow the people in lane to initiate the fight in order to keep the element of surprise.