Do you think adding a communcation/teamwork spotlight/tutorial would be helpful?

Absolutely. This would be a great addition, and would help even a few seasoned players! 65 56.52%
Good idea, but why would people listen? They don't listen to their teammates afterall. 35 30.43%
I simply dont think this is needed/Don't think it could ever work. 8 6.96%
Absolutely not. This is a silly idea and there is no reason for anything of the sort! 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Elementz Solo Queue 5v5 Teir list: Coordination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaiden

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by daBigLOL View Post
Many solo queue players are too into themselves to play in a coordinated fashion. Had games that were drawn out to 50 minutes even though my team had Baron, 2-3 dragons, and on average 4 levels above the enemy at like 25 minutes. That should be instant win pushing with Baron. Instead people are out farming when 3-4 others are together pushing. That's why lane domination is so important in solo queue; you first blood the opponent and the opponent still thinks he can beat you in the lane. Against a decent Pantheon, Malphite or Vlad that is not going to happen, but they don't ask for help or no one responds to their help.
God this was my game yesterday. We dominated them all game long, me as Ez, my friend as chogath, and another person as morg. But we had a MF and panth that would just go off and farm while I was tyring to coordinate the team into a gank on the opponent into an end game mid push at 30 minutes. But then panth rushed in 1v5 and got all pissy at chogath that he didn't go suicide with him, So then we had an amf that would barely listen and had built a tiamat and a panth that would loiterally sit out teamfights letting us 4v5 and then ulting in for "clean up kills". Me and chogath even took baron once after some ward clearing but panth and mf ended up screwing us in the next teamfight. So we go from having a level advantage and and having a fed Ez bursting down opponents in a single combo and a 20 kill advanatge at one point where we should have ended it at 30 minutes into a game that lasts over an hour and trynd eventually gets fed 2-3 shotting us ith ww suppresion ulting me and they take us out in one push after they aced us while only losing one person on thier team.

TL DR: Got screwed because of teammates that refused to listen so having a video that even has the slightest chance of helping idiots like that would be amazing.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirepoc View Post
You should write it because you want to help people or even for your own satisfaction. Don't let the LoL community (of all things..) stop you.

Anyways.. about the coordination topic. They could do another video contest and make the players do it for them. But I think most of it comes from your own general knowledge of LoL. Like knowing when to gank, which character does what (stun, slow, taunt, etc) and how it plays out in team fights, or when you play against a character: knowing all their abilities and passive to think of ways to counter them, knowing most if not all the items in the game and what each of them does. Things like that take a long time to really understand. I guess you could put that in the video but for now, I can't see how it would play out. There's just too much information.
Just communication. Not all that stuff. Just how to speak to your team in order to create a beneficial combat environment, and to relay information about when and where and how to strike who, and win teamfights, and the game as a whole.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaraKaiden View Post
God this was my game yesterday. We dominated them all game long, me as Ez, my friend as chogath, and another person as morg. But we had a MF and panth that would just go off and farm while I was tyring to coordinate the team into a gank on the opponent into an end game mid push at 30 minutes. But then panth rushed in 1v5 and got all pissy at chogath that he didn't go suicide with him, So then we had an amf that would barely listen and had built a tiamat and a panth that would loiterally sit out teamfights letting us 4v5 and then ulting in for "clean up kills". Me and chogath even took baron once after some ward clearing but panth and mf ended up screwing us in the next teamfight. So we go from having a level advantage and and having a fed Ez bursting down opponents in a single combo and a 20 kill advanatge at one point where we should have ended it at 30 minutes into a game that lasts over an hour and trynd eventually gets fed 2-3 shotting us ith ww suppresion ulting me and they take us out in one push after they aced us while only losing one person on thier team.

TL DR: Got screwed because of teammates that refused to listen so having a video that even has the slightest chance of helping idiots like that would be amazing.
Happens to me every other game.

Kaiden

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Renegade View Post
Happens to me every other game.
Its why I usually premade, or just play warwick. At least with warwick I'll be getting fed thansk to my duo queue buddy and I at least have a chance of winning in a 2v5 teamfight or to just bd multiple inhibs with chogath tanking the turret hits for me. Sadly it gets boring alwas going warwick and people aren't always on for premades so there are times when I must pray for decent teammates in solo queue. Got lucky for the most part while playing Ez today though.

Feral Renegade

12-09-2010

methinks those votes up there tell us something about something that should definitely be looked into.

rumples

12-09-2010

as much as i love fiddle its near impossible to solo queue him. Some champs take coordination beyond ping ping and the ol "hey were all near each other lets find a fight".

Feral Renegade

12-09-2010

bump

CCG KiddRetro

12-09-2010

Well.. if everything was put into a cookie cutter formula how exactly would people be able to exemplify their skill. solo queue is intended to bring out an individual's skills. of those skills includes teamwork, leadership, and organization. being given a HOW-to on working on a team is like saying you have to write, speak, or behave a certain way. we were raised to learn certain elements of working as a team, the guidelines or underlying requirements. what more can be offered?

Feral Renegade

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddRetro View Post
Well.. if everything was put into a cookie cutter formula how exactly would people be able to exemplify their skill. solo queue is intended to bring out an individual's skills. of those skills includes teamwork, leadership, and organization. being given a HOW-to on working on a team is like saying you have to write, speak, or behave a certain way. we were raised to learn certain elements of working as a team, the guidelines or underlying requirements. what more can be offered?
Seeing as there is a great disparity in the LoL community between how people should behave on a team to optimize quality of performance (between morale and communication) and they way they do act, I feel as though it would be quite helpful for Riot to help reifnorce the ToS (certain types of raging is against ToS, so it would be killing 2 birds with one stone) for Riot or Reginald or Elementz etc, to release a video, or series of videos, explaining things like the effects on the team of:

Raging (guilty)
Lack of communication
Lack of map awareness
Blaming others (guilty of this myself!)
etc.

It would be a real help to many players.