Do you think adding a communcation/teamwork spotlight/tutorial would be helpful?

Absolutely. This would be a great addition, and would help even a few seasoned players! 65 56.52%
Good idea, but why would people listen? They don't listen to their teammates afterall. 35 30.43%
I simply dont think this is needed/Don't think it could ever work. 8 6.96%
Absolutely not. This is a silly idea and there is no reason for anything of the sort! 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Elementz Solo Queue 5v5 Teir list: Coordination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Let your opinion be heard good people!

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

bump

Ryncwind

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Renegade View Post
What do you mean?
VoIP

Feral Renegade

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryncwind View Post
VoIP
This question was already answered xD

Shadeassassin

12-09-2010

Excellent idea. A high elo riot employee or friend therof should make a quality spotlight entailing best ways to communicate with fellow teammates and executing:

Ganks
Teamfights
Pushes
Baits
Tower Defense
Backdoors
Jungle creeping
etc.

Great idea. Phreak, please doo eeet!

Elementz

The Council

12-09-2010

I could write an article on it but I don't know if the community will like it or not XD.

simPp

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementz View Post
I could write an article on it but I don't know if the community will like it or not XD.
People who read I'm sure are the ones who coordinate and play as a team.

The ones who don't have the attention span to read, forums, guides, articles, etc, are the ones I'm sure who are farming lanes while inhibs are being pushed by the opposing 5.

Videos are the only hope at bringing the bads up too speed.

MKN

12-09-2010

great idea,

i use elements list as a guide, to see where the game is currently, i like how he updates it when the new nerfs/buffs come out. The reasoning he puts behind his tier list changes make sense as well.

What is not in the website is team comps and counters for certain other comps.

that would apply alot more work and time to accomplish jus a fraction of everything.

MKN

12-09-2010

pretty sure this is a double post , but all it takes is. . . . .

people listening to each other,

like when we q up, and ask whos playing who in the selection screen , and absolutly no one replies.

you know you've lost and there is no hope.

Lusis

12-09-2010

I think the only way for this to have any meaningful impact it would have to be an in-game demo similar to the battle demo game (can't remember name right now, stupid brain farts). I think if they implemented guides that triggered at certain summoner levels and "forced" the player to go through them then it might actually reach enough people to help spread info.

I made a post the other day about how learning to jungle teaches you SOOO much about the laning phase and really highlights what a HUGE percentage of players don't understand the games basic concepts of not-pushing/last-hitting, coordinating for Dragon, not stealing jungle creeps, etc.

Maybe if you had the intro guide explaining what you should do (like the bot battle game), then at level 10-15 this new coordination guide, & then at level 20 a laning/jungle guide you might start to see some improvement.

The core problem though is that most people don't go to the forums or read any guides. So even with these "demos" many players will just rush through it by spamming whatever buttons says "next" and not pay any attention. Maybe I am just being overly cynical but idk if the effort it would take to implement would really net much of a reward.