Do you think adding a communcation/teamwork spotlight/tutorial would be helpful?

Absolutely. This would be a great addition, and would help even a few seasoned players! 65 56.52%
Good idea, but why would people listen? They don't listen to their teammates afterall. 35 30.43%
I simply dont think this is needed/Don't think it could ever work. 8 6.96%
Absolutely not. This is a silly idea and there is no reason for anything of the sort! 7 6.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Elementz Solo Queue 5v5 Teir list: Coordination

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

I have been inadvertantly playing champions that are teir 1 on his solo queue list, and I realize why he deems them to be as good as he says they are.

Take vladimir for instance. If you are good with vlad in the early game, vlad has the ability to take on 2 or 3 people at once and survive. He might not always get the kill, but with ghost and pool, its almost a sure thing that he will survive unless he gets stunlocked/silenced (which, if you are decent, you can avoid by pressing W at the right time).

This means that racking up your gold becomes easy, and even if you dont use meijas, you snowball.

I also notice that the champions in tier 1, are those that can do well when there is NO coordination. Teir 3 and 4 are the ones that really need the coordination to wreck.

Perhaps there is some way to teach coordination? Maybe Phreak could put out a "Coordination spotlight" or something, and actually teach the ways of teamwork and communication which is sorely lacking in 5v5 solo queue.

Jaikaro

12-09-2010

Coordination is definitely what draws the line in solo queue. The team that does stuff with their team usually wins, such as roaming together, buying wards, and doing dragon together. The team that blue pills when they don't need to, ignore requests for dragon help, don't buy wards, and don't group up when necessary will lose.

A "coordination spotlight" would be a good thing for Phreak to do, definitely.

StanDarsh22

12-09-2010

i applaud this

solo que'rs need to learn how to work as teams better and stop raging at each other

AychAychAych

12-09-2010

It might be hard to teach since the game is missing one of the most core tools to build coordination.

daBigLOL

12-09-2010

Many solo queue players are too into themselves to play in a coordinated fashion. Had games that were drawn out to 50 minutes even though my team had Baron, 2-3 dragons, and on average 4 levels above the enemy at like 25 minutes. That should be instant win pushing with Baron. Instead people are out farming when 3-4 others are together pushing. That's why lane domination is so important in solo queue; you first blood the opponent and the opponent still thinks he can beat you in the lane. Against a decent Pantheon, Malphite or Vlad that is not going to happen, but they don't ask for help or no one responds to their help.

Feral Renegade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AychAychAych View Post
It might be hard to teach since the game is missing one of the most core tools to build coordination.
What do you mean?

Feral Renegade

12-09-2010

What does the rest of the riot community think?

Tropico

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Renegade View Post
What do you mean?
Probably means integrated voice chat.

Edit -> And yeah, of course I agree 100% with OP. Either that or simply play the coordination-independent champs in solo queue almost exclusively with the rare exception, as tanky dps'ers are played in 3v3.

Viral

12-09-2010

Tier. Tier. Tier.

Feral Renegade

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
Probably means integrated voice chat.
Good point. Def helpful, but coordination can exist even without it.