Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tyrn- best DD in high Elo!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

poepli

12-20-2009

Quote:
Zine:
Early regrowth makes zero sense to me. If you have trouble keeping your HP up you have issues. And the extra crit can be really helpful for getting early kills.

I personally like executioner's calling first because it has everything you need...crit, lifesteal and a way to deal with healers.

PD seems like such a waste on Tryn...it means you aren't getting any damage items until REALLY late in the game.

I like doing:
Executioners
Boots
IE
Warmogs

yes you can also buy infinity edge before phantom dance.
but i would not say phantom dancer is a waste...

of course you need to buy boots after executioners but site is bugged an canĀ“t edit this...
i keep trying^^

poepli

12-20-2009

Quote:
XmasHamm:
The build is 3x Averice blade > Beserker Greaves > Infinity edge. In that order. This can usually be completed quite early as the averice blades accelerate yoru build, and, if in need you can always sell one to get enough gold. Also, this build usually makes trynd rediculous as soon as he gets the BF sword + crit cape from the IE, not necessarily the whole IE. The reason this works is because the 3 averice blades get your crit chance up high enough that you can stay in lane all day by getting Q stacks and just farm well.

Early game your only focus is to farm. Once you get that BF sword and crit cape, you likely have a 60% crit chance all of the time and are ready to hard carry.

Also, if you notice, not only is this build faster in that Averice blades generate gold, but, it's actually fairly cheap compared to your build. 3x averice blade = 2250 bezerker greaves are like 1050 so that's only 3250 before you get to IE and in this build you have boots, in your build you do not.

this sound quite interesting. i will try this build and add it if it works.

Zine

12-20-2009

Quote:
The build is 3x Averice blade > Beserker Greaves > Infinity edge. In that order

The problem is that you have no lifesteal in your build. Without lifesteal, soloing Lizard is VERY painful and soloing dragon is out of the question until much later in the game. Also, spending 2250 on 36% crit is excessive. Instead you could buy an executioner's calling and a cloak of agility for 2480. This gets you 33% crit, 18% lifesteal and a nice anti-healer debuff (almost half the characters in the game have a way to heal). You'd also be on your way to an IE.

Averice blades only make sense if you have a terrible early game and are depending on a late comeback to win the game.

Bait

Recruiter

12-20-2009

twitch is the best dd, tryn isn't even close.

Exogena

12-20-2009

It depend's on how well the player can play Twitch, Bait.

Trux 42

12-20-2009

I tried the 3x Avarice build, both games were won with ease (the second prior to infinity), was a MM fail on 2nd though for the opponents. I could only justify going with it if you're in a hard lane with little option. As an example my first game was myself and teemo vs a sivir and fiddle, both were bounce whoring and I could barely touch anything, the Teemo wasn't putting enough poison pressure on the lane. Eventually got a switch and scored a gank on the transition, the avarices caught me up from there. If you're a gank or jungle happy carry it can also work, scoring gold while waiting for opportunity or navigating is always nice.

Quote:
Bait:
twitch is the best dd, tryn isn't even close.

Twitch is garbage as soon as you start running into opponents that know what elixers are, hes also a pretty easy early gank, match depending anyway.

poepli

12-22-2009

*updatet*

Epistemic

Recruiter

12-22-2009

Going to check this out later, I've been wanting to learn Tryndamere for a while now.

ctidesm

12-22-2009

Quote:
Trux 42:
I tried the 3x Avarice build, both games were won with ease (the second prior to infinity), was a MM fail on 2nd though for the opponents. I could only justify going with it if you're in a hard lane with little option. As an example my first game was myself and teemo vs a sivir and fiddle, both were bounce whoring and I could barely touch anything, the Teemo wasn't putting enough poison pressure on the lane. Eventually got a switch and scored a gank on the transition, the avarices caught me up from there. If you're a gank or jungle happy carry it can also work, scoring gold while waiting for opportunity or navigating is always nice.

Twitch is garbage as soon as you start running into opponents that know what elixers are, hes also a pretty easy early gank, match depending anyway.

bs, that's like saying trynd is garbage as soon as you start running into opponents that know what disables are.

SaiBot

Recruiter

12-22-2009

I have played over 100 games with tryn and heres my opinion on different items.

I almost always start with Elexir + 5 pots. Altought its not that great since last patch, it is still the best way to win a lvl1 5v5 or if it doesnt happend you can go liz+dragon.

Avarice - I always get 1 or 2 depends on how effective is my early game. If you manage to get at least 1 kill, get 2.

I always get zerkers greave, only get Mercurys if there is like 3 mage on the other team.

PD - Is a must the have relativly early, it gives you great stats overall mid-game and doing 400-500 dmg is way enough.

Frozen mallet - It is really good since it combine the HP and attack features, i usually end up getting it after PD.

IE is overrated, it cost 4000$ so if you rush it, its gonna be the only item you'll have when the deciding moment in the game happend, usually around 20 min. I end up getting IE after PD and frozen mallet

I go for rally + ghost with both masteries.

Rally : not really good past 15 min but can still help. I really do it for the first dragon kill and early lane kill/heal.

Ghost : Good for chasing and escaping, this one can be swapped.