Mundo - Lifesteal or HP Regen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PapaMeltin

12-20-2009

I've been playing Mundo quite a bit recently, and have been using some recommended builds from around the forums. They almost all say stack HP and use HP Regen stuff, e.g. Warmog's. What about stacking armor and lifesteal. Is there some massive downside I'm newbily missing here?

The bigger question, I guess, is which is better to have? Lifesteal or HP Regen? Any reason why?

xzymethx

12-20-2009

for what lifesteal when mundo isnt a dps?

Without a Name

12-20-2009

First of all if build right Mundo is a great DPS champions...

...but btt. I would say neither Lifesteal nor Health regen. Because of his passive mundo's health regen gets more the more health he has. So health stacking items also increas your health regen.

Life steal is also a good choice but only if you play him as a DPS champ

Jothki

12-20-2009

Both!

Stark's Fervor seems to be a pretty good item for Mundo, I get it almost every game after Warmogs.

Gandalf 007

12-20-2009

Many people will say that Mundo lacks the attack speed to really put attack damage or lifesteal to good use.

However, like others have mentioned, Stark's Favor is a nice way to give both yourself and allies a DPS boost. I would probably stop there when it comes to boosting your lifesteal.

If I'm confident in the victory based on the early game, I'll usually do the following fun DPS/utility build:

Doran's Shield (laning)
Ninja Tabi (the armor really starts to add up) or else swiftness/mercury
Warmog's
Atma's Impaler (more and more armor continues to add up)
Stark's
Aegis of the Legion (Force of Nature can make a great alternative here, depending on enemy group comp being magic dps heavy)

That puts end game Mundo in a position where he can do very respectable single target DPS while also providing great amount of support with offensive/defensive auras.

evilgoodguy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

The reason stark's is great is because it supports your teammates which is what Mundo is all about.

He can be great DPS, but he makes for an amazing support/tank hero that isn't very item dependent.

Because of that you become the team member that buys things like starks/aegis/wards.

While Mundo's damage is decent, it's nowhere near the damage a pure dps char can put out who's given the same money to work with.

Eggs

12-20-2009

I have tried a couple different builds with Mundo. What other people have said is true...the more life Mundo has, the better his passive regen.

With that said, I had fun with Masochism and Cleaver. The first thing I went was Frozen Mallet. With the life gain and slow from it, you can chase people down. I then proceeded to get Malady. It worked fairly well as I finished 12-2.

Pop sadism...use masochism and chase. That's about it. You are a tank/assassin.

I don't see any reason why Stark's wouldn't work with this, however, Malady stacks on extra damage. Hope this helps.

Jothki

12-21-2009

Malady kind of seems like a waste. You won't be hitting fast enough to quickly stack the debuff or take maximum advantage of it.

ALCie

12-21-2009

Starks is good on Mundo. If played well, Mundo should rarely need to go back to base to heal (no mana and 60 sec cd ult will keep you recharged). So having a great aura such as Starks on a hero thats always in battle is amazing. DO NOT get Malady. Its something like 600 cheaper than Starks and Mundo is one of the slowest attacking heroes. Malady is just stupid on him (more so than most other champions).

Gandalf 007 has a good build for Mundo. Unfortunately, since target game times keep going down, the game will probably be decided by the time you finish Warmogs. Best option is to build it up to Warmogs and then see what your team needs.

AFKray

12-21-2009

Mundo should be built with Armor pen runes + crit items early on. This is in the form of Executioners + zeal. All other's pale in comparison. Watch top ELO, Mundo's they all do the same thing. Max PWNtraincism asap, and go around killing with your absurd early game damage advantage. This is pretty much your only opportunity to shine as Mundo caps out in the late game. HP mundo is fail. He is NOT a tank. I repeat, HE IS NOT A TANK. Mundo's purpose in this game is to facilitate the snowball effect, for better or worse.