Udyr: Tiger vs Phoenix POST patches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiRRR

12-08-2010

at the current status of udyr, whats the best thing to go for if i want to try to take out people as i tank? i usually go for tanky build first and then get dps later. what does more damage to a single target? before i heard that tiger was broken and shouldn't be used but i heard that it was fixed. so as it stands, whats better for dps. tiger or phoenix. i tank and try to go for their carries while i do so i want to dish out as much dmg as i can to their carry.

Benalicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2010

The new Udyr skin looks FAR cooler in tiger stance. Therefore, tiger stance is the best.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2010

Tiger stance is an item dependent single target nuke

Phoenix stance does burst + aoe damage and is a lot better if you plan to play tanky (like most do)

NiRRR

12-10-2010

anyone have a good link to a updated good udyr

Crimson Rose

12-10-2010

I build Udyr by rushing Warmongs first.
Idk why but for me, Udyr is a rather average laner and I should be able to get the 450 hp thing by my first recall if the game goes smooth.

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS
Warmong's Armor/ Tier 3 boots (For chasing)
And maybe Frozen Mallet after

Game should end by here, if not I just build accordingly.

What I like about Udyr is that he can tank rather well at the start of the game. His passive is what I truly like about him.

I carry Alex

Recruiter

12-10-2010

All udyrs go Madreds1000g/BV/Randuins/Mercsninja Or Madreds1000g/Locket/Randuins OR BV/Mercsninja

It's the only way to build him.

o0o0ted

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
I build Udyr by rushing Warmogs first.
Idk why but for me, Udyr is a rather average laner and I should be able to get the 450 hp thing by my first recall if the game goes smooth.

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS
Warmog's Armor/ Tier 3 boots (For chasing)

What I like about Udyr is that he can tank rather well at the start of the game. His passive is what I truly like about him.
This is original and funny. It adds much to the discussion points in the thread and directly addresses the OP's statement/question. Thank you.

Go away.

I find that if there is another dedicated tank on your team ( malph, rammus ) then you have some freedom to get a damage item or two ( I always like going for a Tri-Force ) but eventually you're going to have to go tanky to fufill your role properly. Tiger Stance is still... meh... even with DPS items you'll probably do more damage through Phoenix stance AOE.

Knappis

12-10-2010

I like to put three points in Phoenix during jungling phase, and at the end, max out Tiger. It provides great as, and you can help the team by more effectively focusing down an enemy. You can still natually keep Phoenix in your stance-rotation, since it gives ap and ad. Tiger also rocks in pushing towers, which is crucial later on..

Crimson Rose

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0ted View Post
This is original and funny. It adds much to the discussion points in the thread and directly addresses the OP's statement/question. Thank you.

Go away.

I find that if there is another dedicated tank on your team ( malph, rammus ) then you have some freedom to get a damage item or two ( I always like going for a Tri-Force ) but eventually you're going to have to go tanky to fufill your role properly. Tiger Stance is still... meh... even with DPS items you'll probably do more damage through Phoenix stance AOE.

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Build Order (FOR ME):

Doran's Shield
Hp Pot
450hp belt thing
BoS

Camera

12-10-2010

Try guinsoo rageblade and Madred's Razor with tanky items on Udyr (Pheonix stance).

Really it works...