Tanks: What is your deal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neokenfu

12-08-2010

I'm a noob(around 250 games lifetime) but I can only remember a couple of times outside of my 5 man pre-made where a tank has actually initiated a fight(usually some clothie is out of position or I initiate in frustration). This ****s me to no end because I'm Xin and I'd rather not initiate every time. Without my flash CD up I'm usually toast if focused no matter how tanky I build myself.

So my question is:

Why won't you stand out front and initiate like a good tank?

You have all of those sexy HP's and built in survival mechanisms.

Mostly I'm lulled out of my aggression by your mastabatory dance of nothing. Watching you undulate your wide tanky hips for 5 mins when we could be team fighting makes me want to smote your ruin upon the mountainside.

I've even seen this done while a Yi was solo pushing our bot(all mid) and eventually just went after Yi out of boredom.

What haappened? Have your balls dropped off?

Thanks, and I hope this shames some tanks into TANKING!!!

AboutTenPandas

12-08-2010

Get your elo up and play with better players. I assure you, they will initiate.

I main Rammus and I initiate almost every team fight.

Ace Push Win

12-08-2010

You're a noob. You answered your own question. Most noobs don't initiate.

Neokenfu

12-08-2010

KK Troll, I'm not a tank....

acosn

12-08-2010

It's kind of the trust thing.

People don't want to look bad. Initiating as a tank and having your DPS more or less tuck tail and run makes you look bad, even if you did nothing wrong.

Dagyr

12-08-2010

I agree, I main Shen/Taric/Amumu, and it's annoying as hell when I have to constantly have to do my job. Why can't Master Yi or Ashe just initiate every time ;(

/sarcasm. I wish more people would actually Tank.

Kaboom Hammer

12-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
It's kind of the trust thing.

People don't want to look bad. Initiating as a tank and having your DPS more or less tuck tail and run makes you look bad, even if you did nothing wrong.
This happens all to often, (I main rammus). I know i'm not even level 30, i'm casual, but that doesn't mean I suck. If you look at the DPS who sit there sucking their ****s, and then ***** off, you'll notice they are usually the ones with a snowball item, usually mejais, Have 5-8 stacks and. "are affraid to loss their stacks".

Neokenfu

12-09-2010

Hell I guess even your half-assed impotent tanking is better than nothing. The closest **** I had in this last normal game to a tank was me(Xin LOLOLOL) and Sion!

I'm going to learn how to play a tank now. I actually have ********s and don't wet myself like a frightened child at the sound of impending combat. ****ing amazing that I can't just play what I have the most fun at, to have the most fun possible at this game...ah well!

Tanks should ****ing TANK!!!

Thanks for telling me this gets better at a higher elo. God, you have to be so ****ing brain dead not to initiate every fight with Rammus/Amumu.

Neokenfu

12-09-2010

Isn't the snowball you're describing come from the movie "Clerks" :P

iBp0xlbwfhFcTHRT

12-09-2010

As someone who mains on tanks, I init lots. However, if I init 3,4,5 times in a row with us in good position and nobody follows me in, why would I do it again.
Tanks are that. We are not designed to kill, but we get some. If we soak up damage, or god forbid, die, we need you to be pounding their team just as hard or harder.