Starting Gold Quints? What would happen?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viktorious Alekt

09-07-2013

Flat stats quints already give a lot more.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

The key is if they push you over gold thresholds. At 25 gold, they would be pretty useless. Give up all your quints to get one ward? Or two pots. I guess it would let you go flask, 2 wards, pot. There aren't any bit gains you would get.

Now, balancing them gets crazy. If you made them 35 gold, each quint would be an extra health potion to start. That might be viable. But it still doesn't push you into any good threshold. If you made them 75 gold each, you could start boots/flask or Philo Stone or cloth armor/flask or cloth armor/boots/pots. Giving up quints for stuff would be quite strong. But 75 gold is also two pots each, so you could just take one or two and have a bagillion pots and the hyper-sustain meta would come back. Or start with a ward each? That's kinda ridiculous.

So really, I don't think it is doable. Maybe if you made them 50 each, so you could take three and get two wards? Or whatever the amount that would give you two wards with the bonus gold from masteries is?

Just seems like too much potential for abuse.

PigCheese

09-07-2013

I think it would be cool to see a mixture of some runes. Like Flat Gold Quints that mixed with Gp5 quints so that you started with some extra gold so that you start with more gold but have slightly less sustained gold over the course of the game.

Yordlemort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2013

Starting quints gold for a support is negligible.

Now, 3 25g quints and the points invested for the 2g/10 and the additional 50 starting gold, you start with 600g.

If you spend all your gold on say 1 pink, 3 greens, a charm, and 2 pots, you effectively have 0 gold.

Starting at 1:30 you start generating 18g/10. After 6 minutes 30 seconds you will have the 702 gold to purchase only Philosopher's Stone.

These calculations are only for passive gold, this doesn't take Pickpocket into account.

A support with all Gold per 10 runes and the 2g mastery and 50 additional gold at the start, would start 525 gold. Would be able to purchase a pink, 2 greens, a charm, and 2 potions. 1 ward less than you.

BUT

After those 6 minutes 30 seconds, they would have 908.7g. Being able to purchase a Philosopher's Stone, a pink ward and a green ward.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

09-07-2013
2 of 4 Riot Posts

I would rather just give you a ward at the beginning of the game, than to force you to lose cool quints in exchange for 78 gold.

medulla00

09-07-2013

If you can't get enough gold for 2 pots with 3 quints, nobody will get them. If you can get 2 or more pots with 3 quints all those "survive up to lvl 6 and destroy lane there after" champs like kass or vayne will be impossible to deal with. And the quints would still be unefficient for everyone except the supports maybe

tempname8796

09-07-2013

2nd after 2nd red post

Noxian Zell

09-07-2013

I think this would be the most useful for supports

FreshFuhrer

09-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Zephyreal View Post
Interesting idea but I think the only thing it'd accomplish is make the first 2-3 minutes of the game more passive (not that this would be a bad thing.)
Don't you think the early game is passive enough?

LifeSmash

09-07-2013

If it's 35g, I could see ADCs taking one so they can start with a pot+Doran's Blade.

Of course, if it were that high, flask+pots start would be insane.