Rammus for Noxus?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Griffon Steelgod

12-09-2010

Ok.

Oug

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonsLaww View Post
Well... here's a short but good explanation. :P

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=367810
You would be... which law?

and thanks for the link

Kanyay

12-09-2010

ok

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

12-10-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamed View Post
Why? This goes against absolutely everything the character is about.
Where do you draw that conclusion from? I am unaware of anything about Rammus that makes him decidedly anti-Noxus.

The ultimate goal for the story matches is to create a pool of non-affiliated champions that players will be able to draw from in addition to the specific faction-aligned champions. Rammus is one of those non-affiliated champions. With this logic applied to the ideal way story matches will be in the future, it would have been possible for Rammus to have fought for Ionia and Noxus.

Since we put the team composition pool together by hand and used an intentionally small champion pool for the first match, we added Rammus as Noxian tank option.

If that answer does not satisfy you, however, then there's always this explanation... http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=367810

Capt Yossarian

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
Where do you draw that conclusion from? I am unaware of anything about Rammus that makes him decidedly anti-Noxus.

The ultimate goal for the story matches is to create a pool of non-affiliated champions that players will be able to draw from in addition to the specific faction-aligned champions. Rammus is one of those non-affiliated champions. With this logic applied to the ideal way story matches will be in the future, it would have been possible for Rammus to have fought for Ionia and Noxus.

Since we put the team composition pool together by hand and used an intentionally small champion pool for the first match, we added Rammus as Noxian tank option.

If that answer does not satisfy you, however, then there's always this explanation... http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=367810
So where's Warwick, I thought he would love to punish Soraka even more in a league sanctioned fight.

Tamed

12-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post

So you basically just threw him there so Noxus would have a good tank? I just hope he doesn't get picked or that he gets banned tonight. Rammus just does not seem Noxian, I mean I know it's your game and I respect your decisions, but man -- Rammus is such a community favorite and he just doesn't mesh with the Noxians. Just my opinion.

Kaiser707

12-10-2010

I don't get why people thinks its so confounding that Rammus is on Noxus. He's neutral. I don't think he even cares about human politics all that much, he's just lonely.

Intergalactic Planetary

12-11-2010

Quote:
So you basically just threw him there so Noxus would have a good tank? I just hope he doesn't get picked or that he gets banned tonight. Rammus just does not seem Noxian, I mean I know it's your game and I respect your decisions, but man -- Rammus is such a community favorite and he just doesn't mesh with the Noxians. Just my opinion.
How does a neutral mercenary not mesh with anything?

Die Nacht

12-11-2010

Quote:
I don't think Ramm meshes with anything (Noxus or Demacia). He's just completely out of everything. He's not even human, I really doubt he cares who wins.

HereticalWarlock

02-14-2011

Another explanation:

Thanks to his personal experience, Rammus himself knows that whichever side he initially chooses to join force with, he will likely get banned by the other, so it doesn't matter if he join Ionia or Noxus.