Rumor: Demacia Blacklists Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkstone

11-29-2010

At this time it is only a rumor, however, credible sources say that Rammus, the Armordillo, has been receiving the cold shoulder from the Demacian government after it was announced that he was willing to fight for the Noxians in the upcoming Noxus vs. Ionia rematch. It has been reported that Rammus was detained for more than three hours yesterday while entering the city through the shipyard for a 'pat-down'. The government said that these screenings are random, however they did not comment on the extraordinary length of this particular procedure. Rammus was reportedly forced to remove his armor at one point. It is also rumored that he has had dinner reservations canceled without notice and that local merchants have become passive-aggressive when Rammus visits their shops.

This behavior seems to be related to the fact that Rammus is the only champion fighting for Noxus who had previously good relations with Demacia (other than Kog'maw, but well, there really aren't 'good' relations with Kog'maw, only less uncomfortable ones).

When asked about it, Rammus declined to comment.

Rafeo

11-29-2010

I am not sure what Rammus was thinking by joining Noxus against Ionia.

However; knowing that He has a benevolent spirit and being the most loyal champion to me and even willing to change his armor to a color of my choice I will stay loyal to him and continue to summon him on regular basis.

~Rafeo~ summoner against the crimes of Noxus

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

11-29-2010

Oh Demacia, when will your discrimination against different ideologies and beliefs end. (Rhetorical question, everyone knows it never will)

Zaunite Bartender, Cid Emblem

NursŤ Redheart

11-29-2010

It could be worse for Rammus. Still, It will take some work for him if he wants to get back on Damacia's good side.

Still, who says Damacia was on Ionia's side in this. For all we know the could be secretly supporting Noxus in this matter. (improbable yes but not impossible).

Bump for entertaining if not official.

AnemoneMeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2010

If anything, this goes to prove that Demacia is far worse than Noxus could ever be. Blacklisting a mercenary based on simply being hired in a conflict they are not a part of is going too far.

Would they prefer if Rammus only took jobs that Demacia deemed "fitting" beforehand, and starved to death? Probably.

ipleadthefif208

11-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemoneMeer View Post
If anything, this goes to prove that Demacia is far worse than Noxus could ever be. Blacklisting a mercenary based on simply being hired in a conflict they are not a part of is going too far.

Would they prefer if Rammus only took jobs that Demacia deemed "fitting" beforehand, and starved to death? Probably.
This is yet another case of Demacia throwing there influence around in matters that don't concern them.

DoransTroll

11-29-2010

What did you expect? He's carrying arms out his behind (quite literally). I'm surprised he's even allowed to wear that spike suit of his while crossing borders. If it was us low level summoners, we'd have been thrown in the slammer and forced onto minion duty for the rest of our lives!

AnemoneMeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
What did you expect? He's carrying arms out his behind (quite literally). I'm surprised he's even allowed to wear that spike suit of his while crossing borders. If it was us low level summoners, we'd have been thrown in the slammer and forced onto minion duty for the rest of our lives!
Right, and they don't do that now, why?

How effective do you think the magic power required of summoners is in direct, unrestrained combat application? How about unarmed fighting styles?

Some things can't be regulated without discrimination. Some things shouldn't be regulated. To deny rammus his protection is as bad as denying summoners their magics.

DaWugui

11-29-2010

The only difference between Noxians and Demacians is that Demacia hides behind pretty words such as "justice", "morals", and "values". It matters little, for we Stanparii wash our weapons with Demacian blood the same way as we do Noxian blood.
~Ankōn, Stanpar summoner and soldier.

Rafeo

11-29-2010

Personally I can't believe Demacia would do something like that.
After all they wouldn't want to take flak from Rammus's entire fan base, it just seems like a foolish move.