Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The most idiotic items made so far are:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torinux

01-05-2010

Quote:
Anguish:
I kinda agree with the OP (though not his whining tactics or rage.) These items make these champions a lot less fun to play.

My strategy is don't play champions with such obvious downsides, they aren't worth playing. You endanger your chances of winning your match. Play heroes who's abilities cannot be countered directly by items like Executioner's Calling.

Well I understand, kinda, the OP and the point is very clear, it sucks that you can't use a lot of heroes because the chances you will fight against 3x stealths in a team are high enuff to take the fun out of the game, why? let's put it like this.

We are fighting a team with a shaco an eve and a rat, shaco top, eve bot and rat mid.

Let's say the mid guy will have to buy either oracle's or ward which goes for 400/300 one guy on bot and top will do the same as soon as you spend that gold on oracle's elixir and or Ward the opposing team is in an ITEM advantage over you, and sadly this game is all about items the fast you get your items the better. If you die you MUST have to buy an oracle's again or and a ward there goes other 300/400. That's just an example.

Now about executioner's calling of course not picking a hero who has a Huge disadvantage against this item is the "way to go" but then what's the point of having a hero that can be easily countered by... a simple item? I guess his point is why they even bothered in release some heroes, when their abilities are way easy to counter by cheap items yet there is not a single item *equip able nor consumable* that prevents being poisoned? it is getting old to use the same old characters over and over again, we have 40+ chars to choose from yet you always see a full combo of cheapness and unbalanced heroes in every single match.

Hope I made myself clear with my poor English Grammar.

P.S. Being Honest, we will never see such things as nerfed stealth or nerfed poison, counter to counter items, etc.

P.S. 2.... Stop saying Thornmail counter Yi, a fed or well played yi cannot be countered by a Thornmail I've tried this in a practice match I fed the Yi, he feed me and went me a tank with armor+ health+thornail against a Yi with critical and damage items guess what? I got killed in no time by his crits. People usually forgot about Masteries and Runes which play an important part on the game.

VKhaun

01-05-2010

TL;DR...
Early game: Too much gold, hurts your character even vs the target champ.
Late game: Losing an item slots is a huge trade-off.

Long Version.

Any given champion costing your team 450 gold per death, setting them back over a thousand gold for an active, and/or taking up an item slot in the end-game phase is actually, obviously, the single strongest debuff in the game hands down.

If you're having ****py little one-sided 25min games then I'm very sorry your twitch didn't get fed and they are chasing you down with elixers, but a good game with no serious disparity in skill or champion select can go for 50min, an hour, even longer. At these lengths giving up an item slot for any of what you suggest would be huge. Warmogs dropping nearly a thousand HP. Zhonya's dropping around a hundred damage from your skills (not always 1;1, but also +25% total... ), or something to help you reach cool-down cap?

No, I'd rather see the stealthers that hit me from range or have teleport attack moves anyway? No I'd rather get a no-dodge that jax runs from on the highest base move speed in the game while charging a move that adds damage, and then leap attacks back on top of me with that damage when the active wears off... (sarcasm)

No, I'm going to buy a theoretical item that removes teemo poison, instead of warmog's that adds nearly 1,000hp and enough regen to almost ignore the poison anyway... ?

klorinator

Adjudicator

01-07-2010

Quote:
VKhaun:
At these lengths giving up an item slot for any of what you suggest would be huge. Warmogs dropping nearly a thousand HP. Zhonya's dropping around a hundred damage from your skills (not always 1;1, but also +25% total... ), or something to help you reach cool-down cap?

Save up 700 gold sell your boots, buy oracle and buy your boots back. It's almost double the price of the Oracles(maybe a bit cheaper depending on boots) but if your inventory is full then you can probably afford it. Don't sit on 4000 gold because you might need to drink another Oracles later.

DarthBaio

01-08-2010

The biggest problem I'm seeing in this argument is that everybody seems like they want to use big words to flex their brain muscles and show everyone that "I are smarter than yewww."

Speaking strictly for myself and the group I play with regularly, the best counters to all of the "OverPowered skills and items" are teamwork, coordination, and threat assessment. But since we would obviously prefer to change the whole game rather than just get better at it, I'll throw in my idea for the counters-to-counter-counters.

Trying to balance two factors by making them counter each other is a wasted effort. If counter items are to be further implemented, they should be in a circular progression of one effect trumping the next. For example, a blue player is running a High-AP nuke build-> purple counters by building magic resist -> blue counters through magic penetration -> purple counters via survivability items -> I'm sure there's someone here smarter than me who can carry on what I'm trying to say.

Now look what you've all done. I got sucked into using the big words too. But I'm not smart enough to think of small words to replace them just for the sake of proving my first point.