The most idiotic items made so far are:

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semei

12-20-2009

1 ) Oracles elixir
2 ) Vision ward
3 ) Executioner's Calling

Here is what makes them have something in common, and why its such a stupid idea to make this kind of items.

Those items COUNTER SPECIFIC CHAMPIONS. There should be NO item that is designed to counter some champion abilities. Abilities should be balanced by themselves not left in nonsense state where they are so OP that people will start buying any item you throw at them.

Need to BALANCE ABILITIES NOT REQUEST PLAYERS TO BUY ITEMS TO COUNTER UNBALANCED ABILITIES.

You should be countering ALL 5(!) champions you face with YOUR build and STRATEGY.

NOT BY BUYING "YOU MUST(!!) BUY THIS ITEM FOR THIS CHAMPION, F*** THE OTHERS YOU FACE, BUY ->THIS<- BECAUSE THAT ABILITY HE/SHE USES ARE TO OP TO RISK TO COUNTER BY YOUR SKILL, SO YOU BUY THIS ITEM THAT A KINDERGARTEN KID CAN LEARN TO BUY TO COUNTER THAT ABILITY"

What is next?

New item: Hunters call

+30 magic resist
Unique : Your normal attacks deal 2000 damage to bear Tibbers

New item: Depletor

+20 damage
Unique : removes all kinds of shiels from targeted champion (kyle, morgana, etc)

New item: Smart Move

Unique : removes champion passive ability for 2 minutes

New item: Fear of singed and teemo

Unique : makes you imune to all kinds of poison damage

Need more?

Also some smartasses can not think this out so im saying it loud:

If there are items to counter one or other kind of champion and there are no strong counter for other party to buy, then where is the ballance?! IF yi someone can get 65% heal redux to counter mundo or taric, what mundo can get to counter yi? I mean yi's abilities not damage. Is there any item that makes some of yis abilities useless? NO. There are items to counter yis items - simple defense, but there is no way to counter say, yi, like you can counter sorakas HEAL ->ABILITY<- with
Executioner's Calling. Or counter JAX DOGE ->ABILITY<- with another item. GET IT?

There is even more:

For the starters - pysical damage dealers get HUGE buffs again that makes whole game imbalanced - ask why? Because those items are DPS items, you wont see a mage to get Executioner's Calling, because its breaking the build completely, while in physical damage dealer, it adds a lot of useful stats.

Also im not expecting all people to get the point in this, the majority of people are dumb, not the minority. Im 20yr old mathematician/programmer and i have some insight and intuition of things that are imbalanced. And giving people items that counter some champions while not giving the other party new item that counters something IS imbalanced.

Some people answer to this thread instantly, without thinking. But there is thinking involved to get where im getting at.

Next - This kind of items shifts game balance, for example mundo is not designed with
Executioner's Calling in mind. So if someone uses it, it shifts the game balance towards the mundos oposing party, then taking the item price into account - mundo is made useless. There is more - about twich/eve - if you DONT get oracles/wards then they are OP. If you DO get - they are balanced, well at least eve. So the balance is shifted from OP->Normal for eve/twich and from Normal->Useless for mundo/soraka.

Bloodba7h

12-20-2009

Even if you buy an Oracle's Elixir or Executioner's Calling to counter specific champions, that doesn't mean that you can apply them properly and insta-win. It hardly works that way.

You forgot Sword of the Divine against dodgers like Jax.

EchoRex

12-20-2009

This is like saying:

"YOU SHOULDN'T BUY MAGIC RESIST TO COUNTER MAGES RAWRGAGAGA!"
or
"WHY SHOULD I BUY ARMOR JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE PHYSCARRIES?????"

You're bad and you should feel bad.

mermin

12-20-2009

The most idiotic poster so far today is:
Semei

JackCrow

Adjudicator

12-20-2009

As wrong as he is, and hes very very wrong, and has obviously never played a game like LoL before, where a large part of strategy does indeed revolve around countering and team work, I do applaud his decision to be so.... bold in his statements.

Get it?

Cresh

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCrow View Post
As wrong as he is, and hes very very wrong, and has obviously never played a game like LoL before, where a large part of strategy does indeed revolve around countering and team work, I do applaud his decision to be so.... bold in his statements.

Get it?
I see what you did there!

Shadowmant

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCrow View Post

Get it?
Now that's punny!

Semei

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
This is like saying:

"YOU SHOULDN'T BUY MAGIC RESIST TO COUNTER MAGES RAWRGAGAGA!"
or
"WHY SHOULD I BUY ARMOR JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE PHYSCARRIES?????"

You're bad and you should feel bad.

You are to dumb to get the difference between things like "Champion ability" and "magic damage"

EchoRex

12-20-2009

Am I supposed to answer in troll with "You're too dumb to get the difference between 'to' and 'too'?"

Or point out that items are part of the inherent counters in this type of game? Which you will ignore.

Or point out that item builds are part of the skill portion of the game period? Which you will ignore also.

Or point out that you can't understand comparisons or correlations? Which you will definitely ignore.

Shoo, you're still ******ed.

Semei

12-20-2009

Stop replying to my posts Echo7, you have proven you incompetence at least 5 times in past.

12345 ... 8