Nerf yi already!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieceofcandy

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
I almost always pack exhaust and with an ult that recharges every time you kill someone and makes you immune to movement debuffs and snares it's pretty hard to pin him down. At any rate he'll probably be able to run away in a bad situation due to his supreme movespeed.
it should go like this, Exhaust -> Ulti -> Stun -> Game over. If you make sure you're CCing Yi and focus firing him, he'll never kill anyone, his ulti will never reset and he will never be a problem.

Remember it's a team based game.

Pwnography101

12-20-2009

I hate these threads. Somebody posts a legitimate concern and the multitude of self entitled a ssholes that plague these forums jump out to try and make him feel stupid. And it's always the same unconvincing bull**** like: "Omg he's so squishy, just stun him." "He's so easy to counter." or "Don't feed the carry n00b".

You see how rude you guys are? You all fail to take into consideration that a) It's blind pick j erk faces. You can't counter pick a Yi unless you want to play the same heroes every game. b) There are NO CC ITEMS in the game. Not one. So to try and counter him after the character picking process is complete is impossible. c)Nimbleness + Dodge Runes + Ninja Tabi's + phanton dancer, holy **** a dodge tank Yi! And do not sit there and try to tell me there aren't ten thousand people playing who meta game their way to having their best possible advantage with a good hero. Chances are you people putting the OP down are probably the ones running Yi as your 'main' champ.

Yi has the best physical DPS passive in the game. The chance to hit twice is what is overpowered, not his ultimate. It's the passive that allows him to run up and kill alot of the heroes in a few swipes, especially once he's gotten an infinity edge and lvl 5 Wuju. Even when playing Yi I get a sense of bravery knowing I can toe to toe with most any hero in the game.

He comes with naturally high movement speed, naturally high attack speed, and an ultimate that makes both faster. 2.5 attacks a second at least one in two seconds is going to hit twice, and at least one is going to crit for 250% dmg, probably more if the summoner runed properly. Coupled with the fact that the only CC available to every hero, Exhaust, doesn't blind him and any talented player using Cleanse + Flash can escape almost any situation turned sour. Yes, he is a little broken at the moment.

BUT he is a Carry and in my opinion the only Carry classified hero at the moment actually able to Carry a game. Barbarian King is a joke now, Armsmaster has been a joke since I started playing. Yi is rightfully feared when in the hands of a talented player. Unbeatable? No, not quite unbeatable, but **** hard to contend with in a game where your team didn't pick 4 tanks with stuns.

ITSSEXYTIME

12-20-2009

I think when he kills an enemy champ with the ult it should reset all cooldowns except the ult itself.

Uguu am I cute

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnography101 View Post
I hate these threads. Somebody posts a legitimate concern and the multitude of self entitled a ssholes that plague these forums jump out to try and make him feel stupid. And it's always the same unconvincing bull**** like: "Omg he's so squishy, just stun him." "He's so easy to counter." or "Don't feed the carry n00b".

You see how rude you guys are? You all fail to take into consideration that a) It's blind pick j erk faces. You can't counter pick a Yi unless you want to play the same heroes every game. b) There are NO CC ITEMS in the game. Not one. So to try and counter him after the character picking process is complete is impossible. c)Nimbleness + Dodge Runes + Ninja Tabi's + phanton dancer, holy **** a dodge tank Yi! And do not sit there and try to tell me there aren't ten thousand people playing who meta game their way to having their best possible advantage with a good hero. Chances are you people putting the OP down are probably the ones running Yi as your 'main' champ.

Yi has the best physical DPS passive in the game. The chance to hit twice is what is overpowered, not his ultimate. It's the passive that allows him to run up and kill alot of the heroes in a few swipes, especially once he's gotten an infinity edge and lvl 5 Wuju. Even when playing Yi I get a sense of bravery knowing I can toe to toe with most any hero in the game.

He comes with naturally high movement speed, naturally high attack speed, and an ultimate that makes both faster. 2.5 attacks a second at least one in two seconds is going to hit twice, and at least one is going to crit for 250% dmg, probably more if the summoner runed properly. Coupled with the fact that the only CC available to every hero, Exhaust, doesn't blind him and any talented player using Cleanse + Flash can escape almost any situation turned sour. Yes, he is a little broken at the moment.

BUT he is a Carry and in my opinion the only Carry classified hero at the moment actually able to Carry a game. Barbarian King is a joke now, Armsmaster has been a joke since I started playing. Yi is rightfully feared when in the hands of a talented player. Unbeatable? No, not quite unbeatable, but **** hard to contend with in a game where your team didn't pick 4 tanks with stuns.
Finally a post that isn't "l2p" or "nerf x"

I don't want to post much, but alls I'm going to say is, I've lost games only because they've had a yi and ive won games only cause of our yi. Until theres counter pick in the lobby, he's going to be strong. With blind pick though, hes a little ridiculous.

Xetal

12-20-2009

Yeah, I think it can largely be a weakness of the blind pick system rather than a strength of the champion in question.

Raz0r

12-20-2009

Things that work on yi in his ult...

Sion:Stun Teemo: Blind Corki: Blind Shaco: Stealth + Fear Eve: Stun + Stealth Twitch: Stealth Tristana: Knockback Allistar: Knockback + Stun Blitz: Knock up Heimer: Blind + Stun Morgana: Stun + Snare? Ryze: not sure but i think the snare? Rammus: Defenive ball curl... nuff said Singed: Flip Janna: knock up Udyr: Stun Jax: Stun Chogath: Knock up Annie: Stun Veigar: Stun Fiddlestick: Fear Ashe: Stun Amumu: Stun Taric: Stun

I know there more but the point is there is many mechanichs to counter yis ult, true it is very good... so are alot of other ultimates... thats why there ultimates

Pieceofcandy

12-20-2009

Quote:
It's not bull**** it's the truth. If you don't want to make use of the advice, that's your problem.

Quote:
If you always try to round out the team instead of always picking "your" hero the problem becomes minor. It's not just counter-picking it's planning ahead.

Dodge has DR btw.

I main Teemo, but I play several different champs. I rotate heros depending on what our team seems to lack (Stuns/Disable, Tank, Carry.)

Quote:
IIRC it has gotten nerfed several times. I rarely see Yi become a problem unless you actively feed him kills during early-mid game.

Quote:
I believe that it's proc chance is now at 10% so the whole "at least one in two attacks will hit twice" is bull. I agree that the Exhaust part of blind is a problem, once it is fixed, then there will be NO reason to ***** about Yi.

Quote:
All the carries in the game do a decent job at what they were designed to do. I guess you weren't here when Jax could tower dive and slaughter everyone under it.

That was "broken".