Nerf yi already!!!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phrozt

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Wait.. if you *just* said i can counter it... then why is there a problem w/how I play?

I'm saying that if a hero can charge a turret at level 11, kill multiple champs, then the tower, there's probably a problem. In other news, 2 + 2 still = 4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieceofcandy

Senior Member

12-20-2009

If you were countering him, you wouldn't be here making threads about how he needs a nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supan00b

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Ugh carries or not, any champ that can run up and 3 shot a whole team rape a full health tower in less than 10 seconds obviously needs a nerf. Wuju just makes that **** overboard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milskidasith

Senior Member

12-20-2009

You just have to freaking stun him... if he attacks the tower, then stun him, because his only source of life is lifesteal. If you don't stun a carry who's schtick is having no crowd control but absurd damage and speed, than what do you expect to happen?

Seriously, Yi has like 2000 HP at level 20 with my build, maybe 2800 if I go with an ice hammer (forgot the name). It's not hard to stun and gun him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azereus

Recruiter

12-20-2009

Quote:
I'm saying that if a hero can charge a turret at level 11, kill multiple champs, then the tower, there's probably a problem. In other news, 2 + 2 still = 4.
Even one of the enemy champions stunning/snaring Yi would be enough, the turret would kill him. If Yi farmed enough items to live through that, well, don't feed the carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanners

Senior Member

12-20-2009

THe only true counters to Yi are Teemo or another Yi. Something is wrong with that picture. Sure if your team loads up on all stunning chars then you will be able to take him out, but he's still probably going to kill one of your team mates and its not like its a 5vYi. Its a 5v5. You're not going to be able to blow all your CC on Yi and still win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pieceofcandy

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
THe only true counters to Yi are Teemo or another Yi. Something is wrong with that picture. Sure if your team loads up on all stunning chars then you will be able to take him out, but he's still probably going to kill one of your team mates and its not like its a 5vYi. Its a 5v5. You're not going to be able to blow all your CC on Yi and still win.
Any hero with a disable is a counter to Yi.

You can also make any hero able to counter Yi with Exhaust.

He's usually their team's carry hero, so if yours is still up and Yi is dead, you will have an advantage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanners

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofcandy View Post
Any hero with a disable is a counter to Yi.

You can also make any hero able to counter Yi with Exhaust.

He's usually their team's carry hero, so if yours is still up and Yi is dead, you will have an advantage.
I almost always pack exhaust and with an ult that recharges every time you kill someone and makes you immune to movement debuffs and snares it's pretty hard to pin him down. At any rate he'll probably be able to run away in a bad situation due to his supreme movespeed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milskidasith

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
I almost always pack exhaust and with an ult that recharges every time you kill someone and makes you immune to movement debuffs and snares it's pretty hard to pin him down. At any rate he'll probably be able to run away in a bad situation due to his supreme movespeed.
Exhaust makes his attacks miss even if it doesn't slow, I think. With Yi's squishyness and reliance on lifesteal, it's possible you could get a kill exhausting him, but only if you're close to a tower or are a carry yourself; tanks are still dead unless they can stun him after exhaust.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanners

Senior Member

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milskidasith View Post
Exhaust makes his attacks miss even if it doesn't slow, I think. With Yi's squishyness and reliance on lifesteal, it's possible you could get a kill exhausting him, but only if you're close to a tower or are a carry yourself; tanks are still dead unless they can stun him after exhaust.
I don't believe Exhaust makes his attacks miss. I believe Highlander completely disables the debuff.


123