Building nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tatum1

01-19-2011

What's the most effective way to build nidalee now?

I used to rush a rageblade and lich bane before, but I've heard some people say rageblade isn't worth it anymore with the new zhonya's items.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

That is a very tough question. Rageblade is still 4000 gold worth of goodies for 2300 gold. Sure AS and AD arent as valuable maybe, but just the AP alone is almost worth the cost.

I personally like taking 3 Dorans Rings as it boosts my HPs, mana regen, and +45 AP very efficiently. Without the HPs, I feel too fragile to pull off the ganks and to attack in cougar form when laning. Mana regen is really helpful as you tend to pop out often to drop traps and heals. Especially once you start tossing javelins, that burns thru the mana quick. I try to wait for the 1230 gold needed to get 2 Dorans +boots on my first B.
The fast AP really boosts my heals too.

Then I take the rageblade next after dorans+boots and go ganking. You can decide for yourself if you need/want the Dorans.

Rylais is probably the next best item as the HP boost and perma-snare with your cougar abilities is pretty valuable in addition to the AP.

Next, Id consider sheen->lichbane. More AP, speed boost, and the proc can be abused by her quite a bit.

Finally, the deathcap after selling a doran and losing 143 gold.

I agree that Deathcap is strong but I think that the big auto attack boost from Rageblade is really helpful during gank phase. Plus its good to go 1000 gold earlier as opposed to going out with just an NLR.
Your AP ratios in cougar form are not really all that great, so even the big boost from Deathcap doesnt go as far as you'd like, except to have huge heals and massive spears.

Narnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Rageblade is almost as much AP as the new zhonya's hourglass for 1000g less. 93AP total with full stacks, which you should always have as Nidalee. Plus 48% attack speed and 35 damage. I'd say it's pretty **** powerful. Nidalee is still a physical champion even if she scales better with AP. And that attack speed plus her attack speed on her heal allows her to not lose Sheen procs as well as be able to melt towers, chase runners, poke/harass like crazy, etc.

LouieTheHedgehog

01-19-2011

zing

rageblade -> treads -> sheen/deathcap -> sheen/deathcap -> lich bane

survivability anywhere if needed