Most Popular Morgana Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exes4eyes

12-07-2010

i rush the zhonya's if i get a solo lane, as farming the 1600 for the rod can be done in the first shot. It's that 1600 that's the toughest part, and getting it out of the way early, when farming is easy, makes things a lot simpler. My build is:

S. Crystal, health pot, mana pot
-->Rod
-->boots, catalyst, wards
-->upgrade boots, blast wand, wards
-->zhonya's, wards
-->RoA or Banshee's

At this point, if i'm getting wrecked by focus down, i will turn the catalyst into a banshee's sometimes. Sometimes the game ends without turning it into anything.

The catalyst by itself is a great item imho. I realize that getting RoA after zhonya's may seem like a waste of money since you might not get it's full value (the argument for getting it first), but whatever. Catalyst is a good item on morg and you can always turn it into whatever floats your boat.

If I don't get a solo lane, or if things aren't going as well as they should, I go straight for the RoA-->upgrade boots. If I take that route, I usually don't even buy zhonya's, just aura/tank items and play support.

Zhonya's morg is great though. IMHO it gives her more survivability than RoA. The AP is just about equal on the two items, so black shield is effective lifesaver for both. The problem is that you are going to want your black shield on your carry, not yourself. So what are you supposed to do? That's right, you play aggressive. Ult/Ring is a pretty nice combo on her. So what if the second part doesn't land. When Morg ults, especially in a crowd, they have two options: run, or focus her down. I find about 3/4 of the time they try to focus her down. RoA will not save you from this. Ever. You can say, "play smarter" or whatever, but quite frankly, I don't play her to swoop in and ult when everyone is already low. I like to initiate with ult/ring. This allows your carries to clean up and get the kills.

Nivled

12-08-2010

I usually start with doran's ring + hp pot.

Then it depends on how well I'm laning. I almost try to get at least a blasting wand on my first trip back. If not I'll get my 1600 rod.

I go Doran Ring's -> Blasting Wand or NLD -> Boots 1 -> Zhonya Ring -> Sorceror's Boots

Then it depends on the enemy team makeup. Either Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff depending on your team makeup. Scepter if you have 2 or more AP damage, if not go for the Void Staff.

After this, get survivability. I usually get Guardian Angel, but occasionally I get Force of Nature.

iluvrainbows

12-08-2010

keep thinking that morgana is meant to be a damage dealer

Witch Bernkastel

12-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvrainbows View Post
keep thinking that morgana is meant to be a damage dealer
She's not, she's meant to be a support/mage.

That isn't to say that an AP-based build isn't viable, though. Ashe is 'Support' and she can get away with stacking damage-boosting items just fine, Morgana's no different.

Some people around here fiercely denounce anything having to do with an AP-based build on Morgana, but she's a champ that allows for a variety of playstyles, and Tank and AP work equally well for her, just in different ways.

I feel sorry for people that honestly believe that there's only one valid way to play a champion in a game where flexibility and adaptation to circumstance are key elements to winning.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Bernkastel View Post

That isn't to say that an AP-based build isn't viable, though. Ashe is 'Support' and she can get away with stacking damage-boosting items just fine, Morgana's no different.

Some people around here fiercely denounce anything having to do with an AP-based build on Morgana, but she's a champ that allows for a variety of playstyles, and Tank and AP work equally well for her, just in different ways.

I feel sorry for people that honestly believe that there's only one valid way to play a champion in a game where flexibility and adaptation to circumstance are key elements to winning.
That guy was speaking as if Morgana wasn't a damage dealer, not that she is. And Ashe is a carry.

iluvrainbows

12-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Bernkastel View Post

you are right. there is more than one way to play every champ, but the thing about morganna is that her spells dont really do much damage compared to a lot of other casters, she has long cooldowns and her main skill is a skill shot that hits the first target.

with that being said she is in no way meant to be a damage dealing caster. if you cant get her stuns off because you cant get close enough or because your being focused every team fight then youre pretty much usless as morg because there are way better champs for dealing magic damage.

you also have to realize that both her ult and her black shield are game changing skills. ive turned around so many losing games due to a well placed ult or a well timed black shield durring a team fight so these skills should be on as low cooldowns as possible so you can use them as often as possible.

now it is true that a particular match may make playing a diff way more viable but undermost circumstances against a good team this is the only way morg should be played

Witch Bernkastel

12-09-2010

I'll definitely agree that Morgana is very strong as a tank build, since the things that make her formidable aren't based around damage, but rather duration of effects - no matter how little AP she has, she'll always come with the threat of a 3 second root, a team-wide 4 second slow and 2 second stun, and an anti-CC shield.

I myself favor a tanky build for her when the team isn't requiring more damage already. Perhaps I didn't present myself properly before; I'm not trying to make a case for AP, nor am I naysaying tank. I only dislike it when people pidgeonhole champions into only one build/mentality and then proclaim that that's the 'only' way to play them.

I'm pretty sure the death of AP Shaco was the result of that line of thinking.

Paul Yang

12-09-2010

Never get tears first. I have mana regen per level seals which is enough mana for me to lane with.
I buy a Doran's Ring and a hp pot and I try to stay in the lane as long as possible to get a catalyst or RoA.