Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Most Popular Morgana Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex Pan

12-07-2010

Wanted to get back into playing Morgana since she isn't banned so much anymore. My previous build was:
Catalyst
Boots
RoA
Finish Boots
Zhonyas

But I've heard a bit about Doran Rings and rushing Zhonyas, as well as Tear + Archangels. As far as damage, effectiveness, and survivability, which would be the best?

12-07-2010

Survivability, RoA is hard to beat. For kills, you want the AP faster, so there are plenty of people who espouse rushing to Zhonya instead. Really depends upon your play style.

LoveYuRi

12-07-2010

i would Tear of goddness Then RoA-->archangel---> zhonya at the end.

U want to keep tear cuz of the mp gain and then after RoA and archangel. you should have around 150-200 ap or maybe more then with zhonya ring, youre have around 400-500 ap

12-07-2010

Problem w/ Tear is that it doesn't add the sweet, sweet AP you desperately want. I've gone games w/out it, but have some mana issues.

Then again, I've gone into battle w/ just 3-4 mana pots and grab an early blasting wand as my first item after a few minutes. Makes a big differences in your threat when you increase your AP that early.

Alex Pan

12-07-2010

The thing about Tear is that it doesn't give survivability or AP early on, and games don't last that long so I feel like the game is generally decided before you ever get to finish your Zhonya's if you build AA or RoA first.

liquidstardust

12-07-2010

i like to run the dodge seals with 100% cdr and green dark bindings

Ziv

12-07-2010

Double Dorans into a fast Zhonya is also decent.

beezo

12-07-2010

I say it depends.

Soloing mid, you can grab a lot of CS without too much discomfort. You can grab a NLR and be really threatening in the mid game. This is fun, stunning a squishy and watching a huge chunk of red appear on his life. With competent teammates behind you, who ever you stun is dead (save for Garen, Morde and Rammas).

I cannot stress enough how vital having a ZR on Morg is. She RUINS team fights with her Ult, but it will NEVER get to the second click against any competent opponent, unless you have ZR. Even then, it's 50/50.

I used to go for the RoA, but the time sync is heavy. Heavier still is the ZR you need to follow up with. I'm in favor of rushing the ZR by passing the RoA altogether. You'll have enough AP to be a serious threat until late game, and you can spend more money on defensive gear (FoN, Thornmail, GA, etc).

Unfortunately, if you're laning, getting the farm for the NLR at a good time is much more difficult. With a passive lane mate like Rammus who can let you farm without interferring, that helps a lot. But if you're competing for last hits, forget about it.

You might want to consider an RoA in this case, or at least grab a Blasting Wand and then rethink your strategy later. If you can't punish with the BW, go to RoA. If you can, see if you can get enough kills and assists to go for that ZR.

It's all a bit tricky.

Witch Bernkastel

12-07-2010

Quote:
xeaglex7:
i like to run the dodge seals with 100% cdr and green dark bindings

You sir, are my hero.

In all seriousness though, I've been having surprising success Going Doran's, boots 1, 4 amplifying tomes, then upgrading into fiendish codex, WotA, and DFG before starting to work on my Zhonya's. With a decent rune page/mastery set up, you should have no trouble sustaining your mana in any situation except those 'standoffs' where both teams just sorta stare at each other while their initiators try to land something (Eventually, you wear down on your reserves with Dark Bind).

Going into a 'spam amplifying tome' build works well for me because having raw stats is more important early game, and they're cheap and build into useful items for Morgana later on.

CrazyBolas

12-07-2010

I've tried a couple different strategies. I think the rush zhonya's is the most fun, though.