Tryndamere - Needs complete rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thenris

12-19-2009

Alright, well after having been playing with and against tryndamere for a fair bit now... I have come to one conclusion. He needs to be completely reworked. There is no happy middle ground of things you can nerf on him and still leave him viable, without him being completely overpowered in the hands of a non newb. He has been nerfed so much any more of a nerf and he wouldn't serve his function, however, even with that done he is still very over powering. So lets examine why that is.

If we look at things that make a champion strong, it breaks down like this. Healing, High damage potential, ranged harassment, control spells, and support spells. Now the interesting thing about this line up, is that no champion posses all of these abilities, that is unless you look at tryndmere. He is THE perfect champion. He has healing, he has incredibly high damage potential that goes up as fights go on. He has ranged harassment with his spin, which of course also functions as a pseudo-flash. He has control in the form of a slow, and he has support at least personally, in the form of a personal invuln. So its like he has a Kayle with him all the time.

The only way I can see him being fixed is just remaking him entirely. Decide on a direction for him, is he a tank? Then s**** the damage scaling with health loss. Is he a pure dps? Then s**** the invuln and/or the heal. Obviously you would buff the aspect you want him to be good at, so he remains powerful. Simply put he needs to be given a direction, because right now he doesn't have one other than being god on the battlefield as he can do everything.

Once he is given a direction and an identity he will be much easier to balance, however at the moment he simply can do to many things that make him the all in one package, which in turn makes him insanely hard to balance as taking one aspect nerf to far could topple the whole champion. So knowing you guys are giving certain heroes a pass over, please re make tryndmere while you are at it. Right now a good tryndamere is god, and a mediocre one looks pro.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

lol? Seriously... please just leave Tryn alone... he has been nerfed pretty hard since his creation and jeez... let me enjoy playing my Barbarian King... I need my warrior with a sword char.

Pieceofcandy

12-19-2009

So another remake for Trynd?

The cleanse nerf already helped put him back in line, he seemed unstoppable mostly because of the 2 second immunity that cleanse offered.

Trynd is fine, bring more CC.

Thenris

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White View Post
lol? Seriously... please just leave Tryn alone... he has been nerfed pretty hard since his creation and jeez... let me enjoy playing my Barbarian King... I need my warrior with a sword char.
That is my entire point... he has been nerfed since his creation and further nerfs would make him useless. That was the entire point of the post. He is pretty much impossible to balance in his current incarnation, if you read the post again I explain why he is pretty much impossible to balance, without nerfing him into uselessness. That is why I asked for him to be remade, because as he is currently he will be over powering, or useless, and no middle ground.

Sad Faced Panda

12-19-2009

He was PERFECT before he got reworked. He was an incredibly hard champion to play effectively, but when he was, he was on par with the other melee carries with the only difference is he actually took some skill to play considering he was pretty much just an auto-attacker. His only issue was bloodlust stack required him to jungle before teamfights.

A minor change to that and he was set, then he got reworked so everyone and their dog could play him and then he got nerfed. IMHO, change him back to 100% like he was before patch and give him a chance on crit to stack bloodlust.

EchoRex

12-19-2009

I agree with Sad Faced Panda.

Trynd was perfectly fine before this last "rework" and afterwards was completely overpowered, got nerfed to just a bit overpowered, without the core fault being addressed. Damage instead of Attack Speed change in the rework.

LadyOfTheNight

12-19-2009

YI needs a nerf...