Regarding Shaco's boxes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yenn

12-19-2009

Today I played a Shaco who stacked AP and cooldown reduction.

He placed all of his boxes in the brush at one spot.
When a champion happened to go near said brush, it died. No questions asked. All the boxes popping and hitting at the same time almost instantly killed everyone but our tank.

Doesn't this seem kind of strong?

And no, buying an elixir or wards is not a solution. Because he hides them in brush, we'd need a ward in every single piece of brush we plan on going near. Because they pop before you get into the brush, an elixir won't let us see them before we're feared.

Bloodclub

12-19-2009

yeah, dont go in the bushes, and watch where he goes, and dont chase him or other people into bushes.. iv seen it done plenty of times... not that op.. not like he can make u go into bushes.. and ya dont have to win the game by going in bushes.. so its pretty easy to avoid..

EastJesus

12-19-2009

Its very easy to counter as anyone who has map awareness.

Basically if you don't see shaco for a minute in a row you have to assume he is planting boxes somewhere, all you have to do is don't go through brush for a minute after you notice this and he will give up.

As an experienced shaco you really can't do this in decent elo games as it causes you to get behind on level incredibly fast. Sitting in the jungle for 2 minutes will do that and half the time no one will walk into your boxes, completely wasting those 2 minutes.

Yenn

12-19-2009

So basically this is justified and not overpowered because 'we can spend a minute just walking around in brush, every time we lose track of Shaco, just to find where he layed his box.'
Remind me what the cooldown on it is again?

So basically every time Shaco goes to lay a box, we should leave our lane and stop farming EXP/gold. Great. Who needs levels or items? Pulling someone away from a lane just to find a box that's going to do a decent amount of damage to them once they find it isn't a bad trade off.

JayceJa

12-19-2009

you walk up to boxes, you get feared, the attack range = the fear range, 50% chance fear walks you backwards and you take 1 or 2 hits at max

Yenn

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
you walk up to boxes, you get feared, the attack range = the fear range, 50% chance fear walks you backwards and you take 1 or 2 hits at max
The fear range is lower than the attack range and the boxes don't pop the instant you get in range, they're usually delayed by about half a second.

Zirun

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
So basically this is justified and not overpowered because 'we can spend a minute just walking around in brush, every time we lose track of Shaco, just to find where he layed his box.'

So basically every time Shaco goes to lay a box, we should leave our lane and stop farming EXP/gold. Great. Who needs levels or items? Pulling someone away from a lane just to find a box that's going to do a decent amount of damage to them once they find it isn't a bad trade off.
No, every time Shaco goes MIA for a minute or more, don't go into the jungle or chase enemy champions too far.

If you have a Twisted Fate or a Clairvoyance or two, you can always use them to find Shaco so you don't run into his trap.

If nobody falls into the trap, it ends up hurting Shaco.

EastJesus

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenn View Post

Reading comprehension ftl. It seems as if you honestly did read what I typed and somehow got the exact opposite of what I said, Bravo.