Remake Executioner's Calling into.. what?

Remove lifesteal and reduce buff duration to 2 second duration 1 9.09%
Keep everything as it is BUT item is breakable on death. 1 9.09%
Same item BUT doesn't affect anything other than lifesteal. 0 0%
Same item but gives -35 arm/MR to the equiped unit 0 0%
New Stats: No lifesteal, +1 damage, 50% redux and buff lasts 5 seconds. 0 0%
Make it into e potion buff that you lose when you die. 0 0%
Remove it's passive buff and make it into a clickable target-spell like deathfires grasp 2 18.18%
Make it a chance buff on attack by 5%. 1 9.09%
Make it have a cooldown like sheen/lich bane, but has 35 cooldown 5 45.45%
Leave item alone BUT create new counter item: Nullifier to dispel it. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Item Balance] Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karandor

Adjudicator

12-21-2009

the 12s is a bit long but overall I think it is fine as is. They should nerf it to 5-8s.

Maleagant

12-21-2009

Yeah lol this item is just broken in its current state I hope Riot is taking note of the complaints about it. Honestly the biggest problem with it as it currently stands is the pitiful 1600g it takes to build it. It is honestly on a level not far below Infinity Edge as far as power goes imo and should cost something much closer to 3500g.

I think it should be just like sheen/TF/LB, but with a cool down triggers on an ability next melee applies and can't occur more then once every ~15 - 20 seconds.

Failing that the healing reduction has to be lowered, but some of your suggestions just don't fit with LoL in general (item breaking/nullifier <no way i am buying an item to counter an item made to counter me>/negative stats).

radica

12-21-2009

Soraka is borderline oped early and mid game. EC cuts the efficiency of 2 of her abilities. The problem isn't the item it's the champion. The change with the mortal strike was done because healers were becoming too strong. Learn to adapt and get more starcalling and a more aggressive build.

Also, the poll is made of fail organization and lacks a it's fine stop qq response.

Maleagant

12-21-2009

The problem is that while Soraka may have been borderline OP plenty of other champions were very strongly effected by the change and were NOT borderline OP, and Don't really have a "different build" or way to adapt (Dr. Mundo anyone?)

radica

12-21-2009

I think Dr Mundo ult should override it to be fair.

EchoRex

12-21-2009

Mundo can be played and built to be just on the edge of completely unkillable while still doing decent damage with cleavers and masochism, unless the other team takes an active interest in Executioner's Calling on a couple champions.

I'm beginning to think many have no idea how to use Mundo as a tank.

JayceJa

12-21-2009

none of those solutions would be what should be done

lower effect to 50%(or possibly lower), buff stats on it a fair bit, and raise the cost a fair bit

as well as possibly reducing duration as well if needed

Solus

12-22-2009

I for one would rather see it stay at 65%, but have a drastically reduced duration(4-5 seconds?). It should either be 65% with a short duration or 40% and keeping the 12 second duration, both together is simply absurd.

There is a fine line between "countering" Soraka/Taric/Nasus/Mundo/Warwick/Singed and completely nullifying them(As that 65% reduction seems to do). These characters rely on their lifesteal/regen/healing, it is essential to their champion that they have these abilities available otherwise they severely underperform when faced with the Executioner.

If it's going to stay 65% with a 12 second duration with no cooldown, I'd like to see Sword of the Divine's dodge negation turned into a passive. We'll see how well Jax fairs minus a very valuable skill.

The buff to healing reduction is clearly just a bandaid fix that Riot is hoping beyond hope that it'll stick, but it's just not going to happen. They're worried about Alistair/Taric/Soraka combos and the like, if anything just change it to "Reduces the effectiveness of each consecutive heal by 25%" or some such, rather than completely raping several champions, Mundo in particular. You can say people just need to learn to tank, but a tank doesn't exactly fair well when his damage mitigation skill is cut by 65%.