Remake Executioner's Calling into.. what?

Remove lifesteal and reduce buff duration to 2 second duration 1 9.09%
Keep everything as it is BUT item is breakable on death. 1 9.09%
Same item BUT doesn't affect anything other than lifesteal. 0 0%
Same item but gives -35 arm/MR to the equiped unit 0 0%
New Stats: No lifesteal, +1 damage, 50% redux and buff lasts 5 seconds. 0 0%
Make it into e potion buff that you lose when you die. 0 0%
Remove it's passive buff and make it into a clickable target-spell like deathfires grasp 2 18.18%
Make it a chance buff on attack by 5%. 1 9.09%
Make it have a cooldown like sheen/lich bane, but has 35 cooldown 5 45.45%
Leave item alone BUT create new counter item: Nullifier to dispel it. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Item Balance] Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jothki

12-20-2009

I don't see why the debuff needs to last as long as it does. I'm perfectly fine with healing being reduced for targets that are actively being attacked, but as it is it can impair healing long after the original attacker has ceased to be a threat.

Why are you so eager to reduce the lifesteal? The stats aren't the issue, and might very well need a buff.

KingsRight

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
I don't see why the debuff needs to last as long as it does. I'm perfectly fine with healing being reduced for targets that are actively being attacked, but as it is it can impair healing long after the original attacker has ceased to be a threat.

Why are you so eager to reduce the lifesteal? The stats aren't the issue, and might very well need a buff.
oh, the reason why is to make the item less appealing. i gave that as one possibility.. so that it becomes a worthless item outside of that one buff speciality... esentially making them have to forfeit an item slot for an item that does nothing outside of that buff. besides, there are too many life-stealing effects in game. if it must give something, give it something other than lifesteal, like something that isn't done already. not damage.. not attack speed, not lifesteal.. something unique though.

personally i think the blade should just be a break-on-death item that costs only 350 coins. and gives 1 damage with that buff,... just for laughs.

FnkyTwn

12-21-2009

Worst Poll Ever. The options are confusing and don't seem to touch on the original intent of the post or what others here have mentioned. The Passive skill is the issue.. people don't care about it's Lifesteal or Critical at all.

This isn't that hard.. it should be simple:
+15% Lifesteal
+15% Critical Strike Chance
UNIQUE Passive: Attacks on enemy champions apply a debuff on them for 4 seconds that reduces incoming healing by 40%.

Aknar

12-21-2009

keep the item the same way as now but give it a cooldown of about 6 seconds so it can't be spammed in teamfights where the executioned team has massive aoe heal,and that's probably their only advantage

othic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2009

I say make ms effect a summoner ability.

discomatt

12-21-2009

Exec is a great item. Take at most a couple seconds off its duration.

Any other changes will simply cause healers/self-healers to become insanely strong again.

Oracle's is in the same boat. Sure you lose it when you die - throw it on tanks and they've either gotta focus the tank and lose the team fight or lose the stealth champs.

The guy who said they just 5-man the guy who buys the elixer must play low level games... If you're in a 5 man group and they aren't/don't notice/you don't lose a couple towers in the process, then I wouldn't worry about the elixer too much in the first place.

Mundo is still good with exec. Unless it's combined with tiamat or twitch has it, they've gotta hit you to get it on. In any fight, this means 1 less hit on your DPS. GREAT! Soraka is as useless as she'd be end game anyways... any decently built DPS will deal more damage than you can heal. Starcall is great for reducing MR, and her silence/mana buff is AMAZING. She'll help recover after a fight very quickly, and you're forcing their champs into a less than ideal build with Exec (with the exception of a couple). Soraka isn't very good late game, exec or not. She's there to end the game quick, and she can help a lane push as good, if not better than Alistar. She can baby a carry through the first levels better than any other champ.

Exec is a NEEDED item. Anyone who says X champ isn't viable because of it is not really seeing the full potential of their champ, or is pissed their cookie-cutter playstyle is being countered.

Mikhur

12-21-2009

The problem isn't the effect - heal reduction, in some form or another, is fantastic, and levels out the playing field against healers. Otherwise, a healer, if properly farmed/lucky early game, etc. can simply outheal everyone.

That said, the debuff is too strong. It takes 2/3rds of a heal away - that's incredibly debilitating. 30-40% is more appropriate, as its effect is clear, but a healer can still push a heal through, and see something happen. If you want to keep it up at 65%, have it be a proc, because if it's every attack, it's NEVER going to leave - especially with its duration - and takes one player right out of the fight.

I like "niche" items, those you only get for certain comps/champions, and make a difference. It creates the gap between a regular player who sticks to 5 items, and one who adapts to his enemies. The only thing about this is there is no CD, no time when you can't have it up. As long as you're alive, the effect is active, and ruining said healers game.

Maybe make it an active, you use when you wanna throw it up, almost like a seperate exhaust, to properly help burst down someone.

All said and done, it's a great step for items, but I think a little overkill.

EchoRex

12-21-2009

Those changes don't address combating regen and life steal, nor how to combat quick recast heal abilities.

Something more like:

UNIQUE Passive: Reduces the next health gain the target receives by 75%. Duration 3sec.

The only way to maintain healing reduction is to focus fire, any distance, stun, fear, blind would open a window for healing to resume normally.

Mikhur

12-21-2009

I assume that's activated, because, if not, did you not just buff it? Yes, you can run away, and get away from the buff, and it goes away for 3 seconds, but how often is that gonna happen? Distance, stun, fear or blind will all have the same effect as it does now, the duration is just shorter, making it slightly easier.

Maybe a reduction on the regen/life steal, but to remove them completely makes the item underwhelming, as it doesn't really give you much, and only makes it useful when there's a healer around, which brings it back to "team battles", in which case the carry, who likely has that - but certainly not guaranteed - should be distanced/stunned/fear/blinded anyways.

If that's the case, why are we having this problem?

EchoRex

12-21-2009

It needs a bit of a buff when it would only work on a single spell, a single regen tick, or single attack's lifesteal.

Hell, it could actually use a buff in it's current form, though that wouldn't fly to all of the people who want to pick something with a heal and be next to invulnerable.