Remake Executioner's Calling into.. what?

Remove lifesteal and reduce buff duration to 2 second duration 1 9.09%
Keep everything as it is BUT item is breakable on death. 1 9.09%
Same item BUT doesn't affect anything other than lifesteal. 0 0%
Same item but gives -35 arm/MR to the equiped unit 0 0%
New Stats: No lifesteal, +1 damage, 50% redux and buff lasts 5 seconds. 0 0%
Make it into e potion buff that you lose when you die. 0 0%
Remove it's passive buff and make it into a clickable target-spell like deathfires grasp 2 18.18%
Make it a chance buff on attack by 5%. 1 9.09%
Make it have a cooldown like sheen/lich bane, but has 35 cooldown 5 45.45%
Leave item alone BUT create new counter item: Nullifier to dispel it. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

[Item Balance] Executioner's Calling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

12-19-2009

I play a lot of support hero's so i notice the effects of these healing-reduction abilities since i'm always on the tail end of it and i have to say there is an overuse of it. Healers are generally not the best at killing so they are very dependant on their heals being the key factor that makes any difference on the team. I think it's a crime to hinder them so much by having heroe's with abilities to reduce healing + items that do it with buffs that last a long time.. making the healer almost worthless. This is probably why not a whole lot of people bother playing heroes like soraka.

so on with this item.. for an item that generates a buff 100% of time on every hit it sure does last a long time.

I think something needs to be done.. when the enemy can hit you at any moment and you get away from them and you have to sit there and wait.. and wait.. and wait for the buff to clear before bothering to cast.

Perhaps the buff should only last long enough that if they stopped attacking you for a moment it is gone.. or give it a chance % proc and cooldown or something.

also, i think items like this should be more focused on lifesteal rather than target heals.

KingsRight

12-19-2009

a comparable example: Look at how hard it is for us to gain sight of invisible heros to counter them so that they dont have their 'edge". i find it should be about that same difficulty to put a healer out of action to remove their edge.

Paero

12-19-2009

a healer without his heals hasnt just lost their "edge", they lose the entire point of being a healer, while they may be able to heal, they cant really do much else.

Gimping their heals would remove the point in having them in the first place

KingsRight

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paero View Post
a healer without his heals hasnt just lost their "edge", they lose the entire point of being a healer, while they may be able to heal, they cant really do much else.

Gimping their heals would remove the point in having them in the first place

yeah, it's rather stupid that their team can have just 1 dps with a executioners calling and a teamfight happens and i can't even do anything to save the guy that actually needs my healing. their hp bar hardly even moves. so why am i even there? If i go to heal the next guy that needs it, he probably got attacked by that same guy and now has this buff.. well, i'm useless again.

and so on, and so forth.

hardly anyone wants to be a healer.. this item makes me not even want to.. and i love playing support.. that's sad.

would be cool if this kind of item could be a breakable thing, where it's only powerful if they stay alive.. thus they are careful about how they use it. and if they choose to blind-focus-fire and get crushed.. it breaks and they got to buy a new one.

with an invisible character/assassins.. it is hard for anyone to counter them.. it's not like there is some non-droppable gem of true sight that we have.. and even if we did, they can STILL FIGHT.

so i guess if they get executioner's blades i need to turn soraka into a dps and give up on the heals for team fights? Is that what riot is trying to tell us they want us to do?

Executioners' calling is one of those items that seems cool on paper, but not in practice. The item that killed not just the hero, but the desire to be the hero.

I've noticed that ever since this item became popular and i choose soraka my allies will close their PVP client down and relog in to find a new match that doesn't have a user that picks that hero.

Litterally, i will have to choose my hero, on average, about 3 times before i get a game where the allies dont mind me picking her. and even then i sometimes get complaints "dont pick her, she's ****"

it's cuz they know i'll just get countered by this item and be worthless to them.

radica

12-19-2009

Then it wouldn't be a counter. Wards completely remove invisi you which is worse than a reduce efficiency.

Cepholar

12-19-2009

I have to agreed completely with this thread.

This item doesn't so much hurt Taric, or Allistar. It even helps even out Fiddlesticks and his drain tanking.

This item does however completely ruin Soraka.

Soraka three main abilities:

AoE close range
Give mana/hurt enemy
Heal and Heal (ulti)

Healing is obviously a no brainer. Soraka heals, that is her job. This item hinders her ability to heal almost completely.

The alternative is to DPS. In order to DPS Soraka has to be within a close range, thus she will easily be targeted and hit hard, therefore she needs to heal. However her heals are so pitiful because of this one item.
Also, her mana spell, if used offensively, requires a fair amount of debuff stacks from her AoE to be useful, thereby requiring her to heal herself as well, or she will ultimately be destroyed.

I love Soraka, her ability synergy is amazing. She has a ton of healing ability as well as a touch of offensive ability, but as is, she is pretty much unplayable. She is completely countered by an item only one person needs to have to cripple her, and crippling her team turning the fight into a 5 on 4 regardless. Fair deal for 1350, especially with the nice melee stats on it.

Alternative: UNIQUE: Passive: Upon striking an enemy, their healing effectiveness is reduced by 35%. Debuff lasts X seconds.

Meaning an enemy has to strike the healer, and the healer has reduced healing output.

Therefore, a Soraka healing for 1400 Ultimate, is only healing for 910.
Also, this is where the justification for reducing it from 65% down to 35% comes on, because just like Taric, and Allistar, its the AoE heal that is game breaking. Thereby increasing its team fight effectiveness against all the healers (and countering Soraka's ultimate, because IMO as a Soraka player, is maybe a bit to powerful late game). However it won't completely break Soraka's play 10minutes into the game.

Cepholar

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by radica View Post
Then it wouldn't be a counter. Wards completely remove invisi you which is worse than a reduce efficiency.
Wards do not remove invis. They allow sight of invisible units. Major difference.

Wards cost 150 a pop, and have an effective range of, I think, 1000 yards.

Yes, wards are a hard counter to invisible units, but lane switching is also a hard counter to wards. The difference is, the non-invis gains an edge via. gold.

Furthermore the Oracles' Elixir is another hard counter invisible units, however team ganking the person with the Elixir first is a hard counter to the elixir, and the purchaser loses 400g.

Both of these 'counters' have counters, and provide no additional benefit to having them.

From personal experience, playing with my Eve partner, we watch for where wards are dropped and either lane switch, or watch the timer for when they expire. When someone wastes 400g on the elixir, we call a team gank and immediately nullify their elixir, wasting their 400g. They are now far behind in gold, and we even got MORE gold for the kill.

The executioners calling, you gain two very nice benefits on top of the game breaking mortal strike effect, for 1350. Also, when you die, you don't need to buy a new one.

IMHO Soraka is a hinder to a team ATM. Executioners' calling needs to be reworked.

Play

12-20-2009

In addition, as soon as any dps member of the enemy team buys an executioner's calling, Mundo effectively turns into a walking suicide machine, as his ultimate becomes useless and actually harms him more than helps him. One item so easily obtainable should not be able to completely shut out a champion, and before you compare it to wards or oracles vs invisible champions I want you to consider the reality of that analogy, how wards fade and oracles leave once the enemy is killed, etc.

DaytimeLantern

12-20-2009

I pretty much quit playing mundo after people started wising up and stated picking up this item

KingsRight

12-20-2009

it sohuld be breakable on death or remove the lifesteal so it becomes an item that just takes up an item slot, causing them to gain no other benefit

or even they could reduce it's buff duration to like 2 seconds.

another option is they could release a re-counter item like a "nullifier" that removes buffs passively when someone like soraka has one and heals a target unit, it would cleanse the buff, then deliver the heal effect.