Help me understand Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormlifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-19-2009

First off. I like this game a lot so take that as the general tone and take into account I just had 10 games ruined by this Yi guy.

how is he still not nerfed? He can easily take teams of people without any issue, just auto attacking.

I understand he can be countered, but not all games are premade and get organized in a fashion to counter this one champion. It's not likely that a team

There is no other champion that I've seen in my 100 games that can turn the tide of a game as well or fast as he can. I've been moments from winning when one pops out and ruins my whole team and then solos his way all the way to the Nexus and takes it in around 3-5 seconds.

What am I missing?

Cosmic Power

12-19-2009

He's an exponential monster. If you can keep him from crossing the threshold he isn't that great. It's really hard to do that though (if you're not premade) because he has right click easy farming.

Somnambulist

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Power View Post
He's an exponential monster. If you can keep him from crossing the threshold he isn't that great. It's really hard to do that though (if you're not premade) because he has right click easy farming.
Preventing his farm does not crush him outright. I started this thread a bit ago and got no responses, there was also another thread shortly before this one on the same line of discussion.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=37243

EchoRex

12-19-2009

You have to bring a team with stuns that will build survivability and attack speed slows. If you don't, you don't counter, you don't live.

Yi is a pure PhysCarry, what did you expect?

gunsharp

12-19-2009

If you know there's an end-game Yi with all the items, then don't wander around alone. Stick with your team and concentrate fire on him. Since he's melee and brittle, he dies fast. Of course, if you're under leveled or fed too much, then he's unstoppable but you were pretty much going to lose anyways.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

I called this after the minor Twisted Fate & big Tryn nerf that Yi is on the next bracket prolly twitch will join him and nadilee will get a tweak. I'm just calling it yet hopefully they are still fully functional and relevant afterwards like Tryn and TF are.

LadyOfTheNight

12-19-2009

yi needs to be nerfed why do people complain about tryndamere doing that much damage, yi is two times worse

Brofessor

12-19-2009

If your whole team works together to do it, you can shut that single champion DOWN!

EchoRex

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofessor View Post
If your whole team works together to do it, you can shut that single champion DOWN!
Because Yi's counters don't counter other champions equally as well!

OctopusDropkick

12-19-2009

He's very tough, yeah. Amazing move speed, immunity to move-speed debuffs which help to control carries, and insane attack speed that becomes stronger with his passive. Usually he packs a Frozen Mallet and some Life Steal to stay alive.

The only way to deal with him is to selectively damage him during the skirmish phase so he's so weak he's in danger of instant-gibbing if he engages, or to stun him and focus fire, or to have Rammus on your team.