Mercury's Treads too Powerful

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Scientists

12-19-2009

For serious

AlphaOfUrOmega

12-21-2009

Yeah, they tried addressing this in the latest patch by giving it more than the -5% magic resistance nerf (35 down to 30). It's not so much the resistance that's overpowered, though, it's the 40% reduction on CC. But seeing as CC is a definite issue in the meta-game, a nerf is unlikely. I mean, they basically turned cleanse's mechanic into the same one that Mercury's Treads uses, showing that the mechanic is well-liked.

This ability probably wouldn't be OP if the meta-game wasn't like it currently is.

Hand of Might

12-22-2009

Not OP. Ask a council member if you don't believe me with my insignificant ELO!

(ELO due to pugging constantly I might add)

JunkRamen

12-22-2009

I'm not sure if it's so much that they're too powerful or if they're "too necessary." There's a ton of stuns and disables in this game with deadly durations.

JayceJa

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
I'm not sure if it's so much that they're too powerful or if they're "too necessary." There's a ton of stuns and disables in this game with deadly durations.
it's both

if a single cheap pair of boots reduced anything else by 40% it would be deemed incredibly imbalanced, what if executioners calling was a pair of boots, making it even easier to get in your build as a counter? can you imagine the uproar

idiots saying that its not overpowered because the thing it counters is overpowered, are well, idiots

ConeEtho

12-22-2009

After the last MR nerf it is somewhat balanced. Yes, it is the best defensive boot, but there are a lot of situations where ninja, swiftness, sorcerers or berserkers is better. Even mobility has its uses. I think all boots have reached a good balance point now.