[Heimerdinger] Everyone knows.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perinola

12-19-2009

Here is the issue, we all already know that Heimer is incredibly useless, although many people say that it is not, and others simply do not care or blame us, the ones wich care.
I am asking for like the tenth time, please seriously fix him. Make of the Q ability a
double purpose skill, choosing between setting a new turret, or upgrading an existing one.
Bring back the previous missiles, wich were much more viable to gank a single enemy, when he was alone.
The grenade still seems fine to me. The speed increase was required, and its done.
Make of the ultimate a new Active ability, such as upgrading all the turrets
around you to lvl.2, with a higher cooldown or Mp cost. OR, leave the passive with cooldown reduction as it is, and make the active an "instant cooldown to 0", disabling the passive, while in CD. This is JUST IMO, u people can get innovative.
And most importantly, the bottom line, make the turrets a little tougher, you have to improve their Hp OR armor, as they still die when Heimer does, and this is another factor that makes of

Heimer a filling-space champion.
And PLEASE, fix their targeting... these turrets does not always attack neutral minions, and neither attack champions as they come in range.

This is a s e r i o u s issue. Thanks for reading, and save your troll comments.

AlESSo

12-19-2009

Totally Agreed with u mate. Riot should read this...

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

In addition to cooldown reduction his ultimate should be similar to Katarina's Killer Instincts where it causes his next ability to have an extra component i.e. cast turret it drops 2, grenade causes stun to be increased by 1 sec, missiles hit extra target or extra missiles. Might make him a little more active and not so tied to his turrets.

Deege

12-19-2009

I agree with fixing turrets to attack minions/heroes properly, but I have to say that I have both played Heimer and seen other Heimers be rather effective all game. His playstyle is an evolving one throughout the game. Early game requires a different style than mid game, and again for late game. I did prefer the old mini-rockets, but in single combat, it made him extremely powerful. I think the change is for the best as far as balance is concerned. Since League of Legends is built around quick all-out team battles, the alteration to Mini-rockets is completely justified.

He's a hard hero to play effectively against skilled players. Remember that every hero is tested out extensively before being released to the public. That means the majority of people who tested him out both liked him and found ways to play him well.

AlESSo

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deege View Post
I agree with fixing turrets to attack minions/heroes properly, but I have to say that I have both played Heimer and seen other Heimers be rather effective all game. His playstyle is an evolving one throughout the game. Early game requires a different style than mid game, and again for late game. I did prefer the old mini-rockets, but in single combat, it made him extremely powerful. I think the change is for the best as far as balance is concerned. Since League of Legends is built around quick all-out team battles, the alteration to Mini-rockets is completely justified.

He's a hard hero to play effectively against skilled players. Remember that every hero is tested out extensively before being released to the public. That means the majority of people who tested him out both liked him and found ways to play him well.
I actually play as Heimer pretty decent, i've been able to make scores around 13/4...6/1...and so, with a Victory in less than 30 minutes. OF COURSE, with the help of my friends, playing as premade. Heimer may become pretty useful, just in certain occasions... pretty rare.
His turrets only 25% of the time, attack neutral monsters, as golem and lizard...
Well, he needs many fixes, as perinola said.
One of the issues that really bothers me, is that, when im laning with Ashe, Tristana or Teemo (in example) they take your turrets down, one by one, with extreme easiness, because the turrets DOES NOT defend themselves, also, their magic resistance is pretty much none, after level 8 or so, every single AoE on LoL, take a whole nest down in max 2 spells.... wich resume 10 minutes of work to nothing.

The Poj

12-19-2009

Micro Rockets- I actually like the improvement. Heimerdinger doesn't need a single target nuke. Why would you even want a single target nuke on a push champion? Your not a ganker. Also the current missiles work much better with scepter to give a decent long range aoe slow. The purpose for the change is to harass. As Heimerdinger you need to spam your spells, rockets, grenades, and turrets. Keeping a safe distance away while bombing your enemies with long range attacks. This ability seems fine for now, even has a decent AP ratio.

Turrets/Upgrade- Range increase was nice. However the problem with the turrets doesn't lie within the damage output. Any champion alone with Heimerdinger and any amount of turrets is at a large DPS gap. Its is the upgrade effects. Think about it. The MR debuff from the first upgrade is great, i love to slap a turret down upgrade it and watch my enemy get hit with rockets and grenades for a ton more. The second upgrade is a small AOE. I guess the intention was to give them an edge in creeping. The aoe is too small. Instead the red turrets should be given a different effect. Red turrets need more incentive. Enemy champions love to just kill them as soon as you slap em down. Quite frankly, they aren't worth the effort. Red turrets need a change.

Heal Bots (Passive)- This is one thing that always baffled me about heimerdinger. Every other champion has a passive that really helps. Heimer's passive gives aoe HP regen, the intention being that you can stand near your turrets to heal them. This forces Heimerdinger to stick to his turrets like glue. Why not just add the HP regen to upgrade or to the turrets themselves? Why waste a passive? Heimer has mana problems, this is what makes a ton of players fail at heimerdinger. Running out of mana can send you slowly crawling back to base. Instead of HP regen, swap this passive with something to help his mana. This passive needs a revamp, just like Fiddlestick's did.

Grenades- Grenades are fine. Most players don't play Heimerdinger enough to really get the hang of aiming them. But, overall a blind and stun is a pretty good thing to have. The slowness of the grenade makes for a good delay effect. The increased speed helped. Blind could use a second or two buff, however its not really a problem.

General Tso

12-19-2009

I really like the concept behind Heimer. Being able to plop down turrets anywhere is very cool. I want to play Heimer in a way that revolves around his turrets, and I believe that was the original intention as two of his skills (+ his passive) directly influence turrets, and the others supplement them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deege View Post
League of Legends is built around quick all-out team battles
Quite true. It is currently impossible for Heimer to play as per his concept in those quick team battles. He simply cannot lay down turrets fast enough. Yes, he has other skills, but as I stated above, the intention (and my desire) is to play him revolving around turrets.

I believe these turrets simlpy need to be more mobile. As others have stated, their damage is fine. A reduction of CD and mana cost to the point where he could lay down a few turrets in a team fight would be crucial. This would actually make him and his turrets mobile and able to assist. A CD reduction to his ult would help a lot as well obviously, although I don't think a mana decrease on it would be necessary. He has mana problems for sure, but the mana reduction on turrets should be significant enough.

I also agree that they are very squishy. Watching Nunu devour a tier 2 turret in a single gulp from full health is silly. However, if Heimer could replace them fast enough, their squishiness wouldn't be an issue.

AlESSo

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tso View Post
I really like the concept behind Heimer. Being able to plop down turrets anywhere is very cool. I want to play Heimer in a way that revolves around his turrets, and I believe that was the original intention as two of his skills (+ his passive) directly influence turrets, and the others supplement them.
Quite true. It is currently impossible for Heimer to play as per his concept in those quick team battles. He simply cannot lay down turrets fast enough. Yes, he has other skills, but as I stated above, the intention (and my desire) is to play him revolving around turrets.

I believe these turrets simlpy need to be more mobile. As others have stated, their damage is fine. A reduction of CD and mana cost to the point where he could lay down a few turrets in a team fight would be crucial. This would actually make him and his turrets mobile and able to assist. A CD reduction to his ult would help a lot as well obviously, although I don't think a mana decrease on it would be necessary. He has mana problems for sure, but the mana reduction on turrets should be significant enough.

I also agree that they are very squishy. Watching Nunu devour a tier 2 turret in a single gulp from full health is silly. However, if Heimer could replace them fast enough, their squishiness wouldn't be an issue.
You cannot be more right.
Im totally agreed, and im really happy because now i see there are many people wich cares about Heimer as i do, it is one of my favorite heroes on LoL.
One of the major fixes they could implement to REPAIR heimer, would be: make the turrets a bit more tough, or as you said, bring a way to lay down 'em way faster. I like the first idea, as perinola said, like granting the ultimate Active, an instant lvl.2 to all surrounding turrets. This maybe could be a bit OP, but those are things can be simply balanced by modifying the turrets stats. Im hoping they will fix him! i really want to play as Heimy.
Edit: also, someone said time ago, that they (riot) were thinking about a new ultimate for Heimer, lay down 3 turrets lvl.3 in a pyramid pattern around Heimy. It also would be a nice ability, noticing it wouldnt have the cooldown reduction anymore. Also, of course, making the Q ability, a dual ability

PsYcoTiCluNaTiC

12-19-2009

I kinda disagree with some of this.

Heimer isn't a bad hero early on, until lvl 7 passes by, then he becomes bad.

Why is it that his spells scale up so slowly? I mean, I guess it's to make sure he's not so overwhelming for newer players to face. However, I think he should be buffed later on somehow... because right now he's just not producing as a hero.

--On a side suggestion, if adding a lvl 4 turret upgrade, which makes it able to move at a slow speed, would be implemented, the hero might be a lot more effective.

Wroxta

12-19-2009

ok. i used ip to unlock this champion after the patch, as i like the concept of heimer very much.

well, the first problem i have encountered is i still need to experience a lot of leave in the champion selection.

Then, if they got any AE class, i have to level up more at W and E, where E is still very solo and everyone can avoid stun at least. W, be more useful than before but it do cost mana in high level and useless when in late game. who care about that 300 damage per 20 sec?

So......hope my 3150 ip will not waste and i will see more improvement in next patch.

By the way, if i just use Q to defense, it will make the game as long as possible, then if we have yi, we must win. But who would like to use 2 match time to play one match?