Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerothal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2013

has the glitch been discussed that reveals a incoming gank by showing the enemies junglers icon on the minimap in the Fog of War just before the gank happens?
It's such a give away.

Mike4Real

11-24-2013

I'm bumping this. Where is Yakaru's cleaned up vision code? Many people are seeing several bugs with the brush size changes for Season 4. When will the vision code clean up be done?

Mike4Real

12-03-2013

Bump

Mike4Real

12-17-2013

I just heard today that some of these cleanup changes are in. Thank goodness. Its been so long. Will report further oddities in the future.

Yakaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Software Engineer

12-28-2013
23 of 23 Riot Posts

Hey Mike,

Sorry -- I probably should've replied to this thread earlier

The first version of vision rework is on the PBE now; It's explicitly in a sort of 'compatibility' mode which means that many quirks of vision remain as is, but now we should be able to start rolling out improvements to the system at a more reasonable pace since the backend is so much cleaner.

I'm also spending the holiday investigating the fog of war exit bug; I know we've had other engineers look at it before but sometimes a fresh set of eyes helps. I'm almost 100% certain it's a networking issue but I can't say much more till I have more data. No promises, I don't know how much spare time I'll have this week to look at it but I'd really love to fix it

The Scyphozoa

12-28-2013

Ooh, this thread's back! Yay!

EUPHORICA

12-28-2013

i agree with nunus ult not making him visible its already hard to get ppl to stay in the circle as it is and it only slows u not does dmg till end of channel if ur a good player u will notice ur champ moving slower but auto atks reveal since they do dmg to u. i think it makes sense then targeted skills or auto will reveal since its reliable dmg but skills shouldnt since u still have the chance to miss and the possibility of surprise

EUPHORICA

12-28-2013

also with wards in some bushes y do they not reveal the whole bush if placed on the edge of it

VictorianGenetix

12-29-2013

I don't know if it's been brought up but my main concern with things like this is my main main champions. Such as Syndra, Ahri, Nidalee, Ezreal, etc. What happens with skill use purely meant for juking or for set up. Like Syndra Qing in a brush to eventually kick it at someone as they approach, Or Ahri/Ezreal/Nidalee getting in way to deep and trying to use their mobility (Spirit Rush/Arcane Shift/Pounce) around in bush like hoping inside the same bush (which i do realize is a bit less of a thing now that the bushes all got trimmed but still relavent in plenty of bushes) I feel like any aggresive act revealing you would ruin the act of juking a fair bit, I do REALLY like the idea as far as if it damages a champion it reveals, specifically a champion, because again you would run into issues with the whole running thru bot bush with arcane and such and it damaging minions and revealing you.

FredYeye

12-29-2013

The fog of war is currently in a terrible state. It's not uncommon to see your jungle getting cleared in the fog when it was cleared by the enemy a while ago.
Like, you walk towards the wolf camp and you see hit effects in the fog. The wolves are gone! Then you move over to blue, but there are also hit effects there in the fog, is the enemy there!? Nope, the enemy just forgot some hit effects in the fog.