Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swagzilean

08-26-2013

I feel like if that's done, Nidalee's passive should include a buff that allows her to stay invisible in brush when taking offensive actions. It fits with her, y'know?

Squippit

08-26-2013

Question:

I've had a situation where I played Galio mid. At one point, I went into the left side bush, and got up next to the thin wall by purple side's wraith camp. I had this area warded and started channeling my ult as soon as the enemy walked by. They were caught in my ult and started autoing me, staying on their side of the wall as they could not leave the taunting area. Were they blindly autoattacking me without vision or did they actually have vision on me just from the taunt? I hadnt yet damaged them, as the damage was dealt at the end of the ult, but the taunt required that they attack me.

Im curious because you say Nunu's ult doesnt reveal him during the charging up part as it isn't damaging anything.

Blaine Tog

08-26-2013

Skillshots and ground-targeted abilities would require a bunch of new exceptions to a general rule about aggressive actions revealing, I think.

If Nidalee throws a spear at her Nexus when the game starts, that clearly shouldn't reveal her.
Nidalee sneakily dropping a trap into the bush near red also clearly shouldn't reveal her.

I guess you could set it so that skillshots only reveal you if you toss them into places the enemy team can already see, but what if they gain vision of the landing area while the skillshot is in the air?

Nunu's ult doesn't need to reveal him, but the animation (especially the red circle) should certainly show to the enemy team.

Raknut

08-26-2013

Might be a bit off-topic, but if we're talking about brush and vision, what about changing the loss of vision in brush so that it's not instant? It's annoying to have certain abilities "go off" but not actually activate because someone stepped in the brush at a lucky moment (like if you were to ult someone as Skarner, and the sounds went off, but the ultimate didn't actually connect).

Maybe like a .2 or so second delay on loss of vision? After all, it's not like you put one foot into tall grass and instantly dissappear from view irl.

ƒairy

08-26-2013

Could someone give me an opinion on this idea?
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...3807103&page=1

Chris Green

08-26-2013

what about skills in brush like kassadin ult or shaco's q?

nwe miwi

08-26-2013

Hey Yakura,

Thanks to a buddy of mine I got notice vision in brushes was on the minds of some Riot Staff. There has been an issue in the bottom lane brush on the blue side where if there is a ward placed in the brush in a certain spot sometimes champions can actually be classified as hidden in a "new" brush inside that regular brush. Have you guys heard of this before and if so have you been trying to figure out the problem?

KesslerCOIL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Here's how i think it should work.
If its targeted it should reveal the attacker.
If its a skill shot(nid spear, Blitz pull) it should reveal the user in brush and the projectile if in FoW.
If the skillshot is only CC or utility then the user should not be revealed.
Since Nunu's Ult doesnt deal damage immediately and does in fact have a tell if he's ulting(frost under champion), he shouldnt be revealed till the damage is the dealt.

Dig Dux

08-26-2013

I was thinking skill shots should be visible as soon as they are cast, since this really annoying bug keeps on coming up with invisible spears.

but skillshots should not reveal the caster

I don't think I should have stealthed spears coming at me.

Spells that are centered on the caster such as karthus's e and nunu's ult should be invisible if they are inside the brush. I think this would also include zac's W

All targeted attacks should make you visible.

I am not sure what to do with spells that target the ground, I think we should make those invisible also since they are kind of like skillshots.

mumu,nunu, and garen hide in a bush.

Teemo dies.

Watchmen Walter

08-26-2013

99% of the skillshots in this game are fired from a much safer range than any targetable skill, pretty sure that compensates for the fact that it requires you to aim it.