Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exec3

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
This is definitely sounding like at a minimum the most popular idea. I'm going to prototype it and see if this is technically feasible and looks good/natural
What happens if you're in brush but revealed via a ward and the enemy starts attacking you? Will it show you as revealed even though you have yet to make any offensive actions despite it now being clear the enemy has vision on you? Also what if both you and the enemy are in the brush?

HiddenHope

08-27-2013

In regards to the 'transparent and full colour model' while in brush, how would that work with Zac? I don't know if it's been looked at already but wasnt there a big issue with him where you wernt quite sure whether or not you were even standing in the brush while playing him.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Quote:
This is definitely sounding like at a minimum the most popular idea. I'm going to prototype it and see if this is technically feasible and looks good/natural
I really like this method of knowing when I'm visible or not. One of the tough things I've run into is the complicated mechanics of "does this reveal me." There is no way to test without a 2nd computer and a friend, and I don't enjoy sitting in custom games just to check those things...

I also think some consistency here would be nice, but it would also be difficult. Some abilities SHOULD reveal you, while other's shouldn't. A blanket rule with some exceptions would be nice, but I feel that, if I had a visual indicator (like the solid color when visible) I'd pick up on which ones did or didn't in my first few uses, and be able to pick it up as I went, even with all the exceptions.

Everybody Poos

08-28-2013

Quote:
SKILL SHOTS:
Squippit had the thoughts of revealing when a skill shot 'lands'
* pro: this makes sense (you damaged someone, brush drops, if you don't damage them you stay hidden).
* con: I can see it leading to my tank purposefully taking that nid spear so we can jump on her.
is that good counterplay or punishing someone for successfully using their spear?
What if I purposely bait you into my entire team waiting in the bush by intentionally aiming for the tank? Seems like there is good counterplay and possible strats.

Everybody Poos

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunsparce View Post
- Shaco's red puffs of dust shouldn't be visible, if he blinks from the bush.
Lacks counterplay. Unless I ward every single bush, and don't see Shaco on the map for a while, I will get paranoid and play extremely passive.

Perceptible

08-28-2013

So... does Mundo get revealed for having his Burning Agony on while an enemy walks by?
Or Sunfire Cape while in stealth?

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2013

Please create a buffer zone around brush, so that if you accidentally place a ward on its edge, it gets kicked inside.

Just like 10~15 units wide.
Name:  s29rhs.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  92.1 KB

Darklightning

08-28-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
Why not use the ward effect on the champion... that looks a little like a sound wave?

Also... am I right that you are only made visible if you attack an enemy champion? It frustrates me to see people arguing over whether or not taking enemies wraiths from the bush reveals the champion.

JohnsonAgent

08-28-2013

@Yakaru
Can you please respond to this bug? It is really aggravating to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonAgent View Post
You know what fog of war bug I really hate? When the mid lane goes b in the fog of war, when they return to mid it always flashes the ****ing blue particles around them at the first instance that they leave the fog of war...it annoys me every time.

JohnsonAgent

08-28-2013

I do think that you already get pulled out of stealth by sunfire cape... a longtime ago you could stack 6 sunfires on the old old eve and melt ppl without being revealed it was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceptible View Post
So... does Mundo get revealed for having his Burning Agony on while an enemy walks by?
Or Sunfire Cape while in stealth?