Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bestia

08-26-2013

Eh i dont think skillshots should reveal, I mean snipers with ghillie suits only show muzzle flash, similarly only the skillshot should be visible, and not the user. Otherwise the only purpose of brushes would be simply to hide, and it can't be used to ambush as well as you can now.

Baltharaaz

08-26-2013

I know what I don't see....
A Heimerdinger Rework.

But seriously, aggressive actions with guaranteed landing should reveal. Skillshots should not reveal.
On the note of Fiddle and Nunu, Fiddle can keep stealth while channeling his ult. The ult itself doesn't activate till the flash effect occurs. However, Nunu's ult should technically reveal. An AoE that big should reveal in the brush of SR, as they aren't that big. Like the poster slightly above me suggested, Nunu's ult can show the AoE, but not Nunu. Unfortunately, this would remove some big power stealth wise on his ult.

QuincyShadow

08-26-2013

While this thread is here, I wanted to point out that neutral creeps have incorrect vision of brush. I have posted this numerous times and it has been ignored.

A neutral creep, when attacked, can see into brush when it should not be able to.

Example:
-Blue team player is in brush.
-Purple team player attacks red buff lizard, outside of brush.
-Small lizard attacks blue team player, providing vision to purple team player as well.

There is no reason for a neutral minion to reveal players in brush that the minion should be unaware of, and there is no reason for the minion to be able to see into brush when that player has never attacked the neutral minion. It makes no sense and has destroyed some ganking and jungling abilities from Season 2.

As long as there is a neutral minion near brush, that brush has the potential to be revealed unfairly.

Radiant Being

08-26-2013

One annoying thing I've noticed when playing Yorick has been when using his ghouls, the enemy can simply run into the bush and negate aggro from them. I feel like that doesn't make any sense at all. If a ghoul is already targeted on an enemy and they run into a bush from outside of it, then it should follow them. Otherwise the resulting feel is, "look at me, I'm Yorick, and I summon undead minions from another plane of existence, but their one weakness is.... bushes....."

I also think that most of the pet AI probably functions similarly, I understand not being able to attack into the bush immediately when they run in (i.e. Mordekaiser ranged adc ghost), but if the pet AI would instead chase after a locked target, it would be a huge improvement.

Adeksa

08-26-2013

One thing that really bothers me as a support player is that while I am sitting in a bush, my carry's autos from that same bush reveal me. This is also a problem for junglers doing lane ganks. Many people who play ADC don't realize this, and give away their teammates' positions without even knowing it. Because I am not currently taking offensive action, I don't believe that I should be revealed due to the actions of my teammate.

Esarius

08-26-2013

Keep it as is.

But for the love of Talos fix the freaking bushes coding. I hate seeing enemies run into bushes that I have warded and losing vision because "That half of the bush was touched by fog, therefore the enemy is invisible in a bush we have vision in!" Same with the fog, why do some spots have ridiculous vision (See, blue sieging purple first bot tower), but other spots you can't even see past the tower? (See: purple sieging blue first bot tower). I feel the advantage of looking "up" gives too much vision compared to looking "sideways"

PierreManslapper

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I think the current global "you're revealed right now" particle (Nidalee, Caitlyn, Kog'Maw) is okay. It's not used so often that it would overlap itself much, but the particle is pretty intuitive, especially since it is used in other parts of the game.
I disagree...I think this would be far too visually intrusive. Maybe if it appeared for about half a second when you take an action to reveal you, for clarity, but I'd go a step further.

I feel there should be an indicator on your screen to show whether you are in the enemy fog of war or not (ideally, this would be in all cases, so you'd know you're on a ward too), but it would have to be a non-intrusive icon or something, like an eye open or closed on the side of the screen. This would certainly have gameplay implications, but I feel it would above all be a victory for clarity.

Rauron

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
If you guys think this could be changed I'm definitely open to talk about it
PLEASE.
:c

Tolang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancitu View Post
Nunu seems like a special case because its a huge part of his damage/surprise, but it seems kinda stupid to not be able to see the entire circle when he's in like...a tiny side brush. The whole circle is magic, should be noticeable. I also find it very not fun/cheap to be able to stealth cast a 1000 base damage spell or w/e it is.
The thing about Nunu is that is the ONLY way to get off the 1000 dmg ult, other wise you just put and "CC me" target over yourself and did almost 0 dmg. And landing a full channeled bush ult is just SO rewarding feeling.

LVNsNASmurf

08-26-2013

I feel that while in bush, you should be hidden until you make an action which could deal damage.

You are revealed on firing a skillshot.
You are revealed on firing a targeted skill.
You are revealed on starting a channel. (Nunu, Fid).

You are not revealed on healing, placing traps, or casting self steroids.