Do you see what I see? (Brush & Fog of War Discussion)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaKiloGaming

08-26-2013

Might be a little off topic but fixing the issue of bushes and FoW canceling midflight target-cast spells (Annie Q, Pantheon Q, Maokai snare) would be much obliged.

Frankly, I feel that FoW and bushes are fine as is. Unless the ability does immediate damage then it should not reveal you. Example, Nunu's ult should grant vision after it has dealt damage but not during the channel. Changing it to grant vision of him during his channel would be a much larger nerf than you might think. As for Nid's spear, I think it should grant vision but only because I think that will fix the 'invisible spear' bug that causes you to get hit by a spear that you cannot see.

Michishi

08-26-2013

while we are on the topic of fog of war...
if you've ever played Age of Empires 3 and League you'l notice that the fog of war reveals much smoother and cleaner in Age of empires, while in league its more of a block shaped reveal or "vision".
however I don't think the "shape" of a champions vision makes a difference in what you can actually see other than the way your "vision" looks ascetically.
Sometimes I really wish you had a true circle of vision instead of a weird hexagon-ish shape.
Does anyone else feel this way?

Dessembrae

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
I propose a giant ! above your head along with some sort of sound effect that conveys a sound of surprise :P

Hellsaw

08-26-2013

Well the way I see it, anything that is lock on should show champs but skill shots shouldn't.
If everything shows you in a bush whats the point being in them past the first attack, why get wards?

Ygg7alem

08-26-2013

Quote:
Hey guys, just thinking outloud here and I don't want to derail the conversation but as it is related:
Does anyone think there should be a good way to tell if you are being revealed by your own actions (not just standing in a warded brush) and if so any suggestions on how to do this without visually crowding the screen?
something along the evelynn ! sign on top of your head? obviously not the same icon but i do believe that kind of thing conveys the message fairly well.

on a related note, how about landing a skillshot DOESNT reveal you, but marks the spot you were when you throwed the ability in a similar manner to how i just described (No vision, but an indicative of "Here he was")

Bedwilly Sanchez

08-26-2013

Quote:
a very brief and VERY subtle brightness increase in the ground/models with 50-100 range of you?

ThatNinjaGuy

08-26-2013

Is it just me or is there a delay when entering a bush before you see the person sitting there?

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

I see no problem with this

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2013

Quote:
I thought the creeps had that pretty well covered

Bedwilly Sanchez

08-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessembrae View Post
I propose a giant ! above your head along with some sort of sound effect that conveys a sound of surprise :P
haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk