Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yi and Exhaust

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solus

12-19-2009

Slows really need two effects instead of one. Exhaust should still work on this ****er while he's ulti'd, I don't even care about the slow as long as he's missing. Yi should not be the only champion who -never- has to worry about exhaust. Yi gets immunity to slows with his ult, he shouldn't get immunity to the additional effects that come with slows IE the damage from lizard buff, exhaust's miss chance, etc etc.

DarkVizard

Banned

12-19-2009

You can't be serious Yi is squishy as long as you have a stun champion. Well i guess that won't convince you that yi is squishy so let's look at Yi's ult without immune to slow hmmm let see, 18 Yi have about 1.8hp or more i think so if someone slow him down while he in ult i say about 3 hits and he will dies. I see many Yi trying to escape using ult if stun hit them and when they got away they have like 100 hp left so i don't think that Yi should not get nerf by taking immune to slow in his ult.

Sehnder

12-19-2009

Quote:
Solus:
Slows really need two effects instead of one. Exhaust should still work on this ****er while he's ulti'd

That is exactly how I would resolve the issue. It isn't a very clean fix, but it is ***A*** fix.

Also: DarkVizard should start stacking reading comprehension runes.

Worstcase

12-19-2009

I've already made a post about this very same thing. Except it didn't get much more then like 40 views and no one really offered their opinion. =/

Pwnography101

12-19-2009

Plain and simple Yi's ultimate states he is immune to slowing effects, not the blinding effect of exhaust and yet he is still unaffected by the blind portion of the spell. Teemo's blind still works, why not exhausts? It's an oversighted bug the Dev's don't seem at all interested in fixing when I've seen it brought up quite a bit.

Whether he's squishy or not if I get jumped by Yi and the only thing at my disposal to survive is the blind portion of Exhaust it had better start ****ing working, or change his ult to include slowing AND blinding effects, which would include Teemo's blind, so we're well aware of what we're dealing with. The fact that I've played for over a month and this bug is still being exploited and reported is a stain on Riot's dev team.

Can't stand the arguement that he's squishy and stunnable, if a stun and nuke are available they'll be used to their intended effect, I don't need a lesson on how to play. What I need is his buggy ultimate to be fixed.

Piranha Petunia

12-19-2009

Quote:
DarkVizard:
You can't be serious Yi is squishy as long as you have a stun champion. Well i guess that won't convince you that yi is squishy so let's look at Yi's ult without immune to slow hmmm let see, 18 Yi have about 1.8hp or more i think so if someone slow him down while he in ult i say about 3 hits and he will dies. I see many Yi trying to escape using ult if stun hit them and when they got away they have like 100 hp left so i don't think that Yi should not get nerf by taking immune to slow in his ult.

People like you make me laugh. "As long as you have a stun champion". It's not like this game is blind pick or anything making it impossible to see they have Yi so i can choose a champ with a stun in my PUG game to counter their Yi.

boris37

12-19-2009

Yi is only as strong as you let him be.

There is a risk in every game with chosing champions and having the perfect counter on the other team. Yi, twitch and all the other carries just need to be stunned and nuked. Each hero that becomes fed has the exact same story tagged "omg they are op cause...". Grow up and get over it, crying on the forums because you get worked every time you see a yi... too bad.

Summoner abilities are a bonus to your hero, if you depend upon exhaust to survive an encounter either you are not as good, they are fed, or you are just plain outmatched. It is a team game, have your teammates help you...

Valcurdra

12-19-2009

I don't think Yi is overpowered at all however I do agree that this should be fixed.

His ulti is blocking things it shouldn't, is only supposed to block slows not the other effects associated with slowing abilities. Only fair that the power should do what it actually says!

I don't think fixing this would make Yi underpowered and if it does just buff him in some other way. Remember you can cleanse exhaust too so there are still ways around it for him.

Solus

12-19-2009

This isn't a "I got owned by Yi so now I'm crying" post. Unless I'm playing a champion like Karthus, I usually dominate Yi. The problem is Yi is the ONLY champion that exhaust doesn't effect. Exhaust can be a game winner when it comes to carry vs carry, I'd just like to see the slow and blind effects split, so he can be immune to the slow, but not the blind.

Summoner spells make or break a game, period. You can say "They're just icing on the cake" Tell that to Ashe who's ult just got cleansed, or the flash/ghost that saved the veigar's ass. Yi is already difficult to peel off your ass, exhaust's blind should effect him even with his ult going, he isn't designed to be immune to it end of story. Exhaust is almost exclusively for taking carries out of the fight for a couple seconds and making sure someone doesn't get away, Yi shouldn't be an exception to the first use I listed.

Somnambulist

12-19-2009

I started this thread a bit ago and got no worthwhile responses, there was also another thread shortly after this one on the same line of discussion. Clearly this is an issue that needs addressing.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=37243