Should I get FiddleSticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fuji1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

So I'm new to this game, and I've tried out Fiddlesticks. I like him and wanted to get him, but I've heard about some glitches he has and that they crash the game. I was wondering if I should still get him. I would never intentionally use the glitch, I just want to know if it makes this character a bad choice. So anyone think I should still get him?

RoVaDo

12-19-2009

I think you answered your own question.

You like the champion, so why not go for it?
I'm pretty sure the RIOT team is fixing it as we speak.

You could also ask what the bug is, and try to stay away from using it that way.

Endorph

12-19-2009

No, do not get fiddlesticks. Riot is staffed by inanimate objects, and they will never fix this bug. All the patches you've seen before are a lie.

Fuji1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

Well I guess he's fairly cheap, so I can always earn back the points. I'll give it a try and hope I don not run into the game crashing bug. Oh, and did they fix the bug where it shows him draining, but it has no effect?

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

12-19-2009

I believe the bug has been fixed, no?

edit: or at least will be very soon (see: downtime)

Krosan

12-19-2009

I like him. He's squishy and extremely slow without boots (and still pokey with them), but at the same time, he's packing a lot of fun stuff. I'm a low-mid level player, and I've unlocked most of the 450-IP heroes and, among the 1350 heroes, Alistair, Mundo, and Fiddle.

Out of all my heroes, Fiddle may be the most fun to play, if the game doesn't go badly. He's easily the strongest 1v1 hero on my unlock list; the only things that really mess him up are stuns or characters with enough DPS to break through his Drain. Anything else needs to think long and hard before even considering a 1v1 against Fiddle, because if they're not powerful enough, he can just shut down their attack with Terrify then frag them with Drain, and if they ARE powerful enough to give him pause, he just has to use Terrify and Dark Wind to keep them off his back while he shambles away, raised middle sickle extended in a rearward direction...

And for team fights? Oho. If you've ever played against a good Fiddle and had him warp through the jungle wall into a team fight with Crowstorm, you know it's something to fear. The instant that one goes off, one of three things happen: the entire enemy team breaks and runs, the entire enemy team focus-fires on Fiddle *right then* and prays they're fast enough, or they choke on crows and lose half their team. It's one of the most damaging ults I've seen, and it's borderline impossible to *stop*, since I'm not even sure if stunning Fiddle will stop it.

Okay, this is turning into a ****py Fiddlesticks guide.

In short, yeah, I think he's worth it. He's hard to play as, and he's not a great nuker. Drain is single-target damage-over-time, and Dark Wind's damage doesn't scale for **** (though it's still a wonderful, wonderful spell). But he's a great disabler (one of the best in that price range), and Crowstorm is terrifyingly powerful.

vicioushawgs

01-06-2014

shhould i get him or amumu?