Dose katrina still need a nerf?

Yes 4 26.67%
No 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Katrina ???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gagoloth

12-19-2009

Ok i was playing a game with some friends doing premade team we had vent and everything all around amazing team work. well i forget who the other team had on there team but the only thing i remember was that they had Katrina well long story short they won. the only thing that was keeping there team alive was katirina so after we try to defend are nexus we no the game is done so we start to look and see what the other team had for builds to see if they were stupid or not. we get around to katrina's build this is what she had

2x The Bloodthirster

2x Heart of Gold

1x boots of swiftness

Ok
so we start looking at her stats and we were just at a loss on how she has a +240 attack power! ?? for the last 15 min of the game seeing how (Killer Instincts) only stacks when she hits the same target consecutively.

so what im wondering if there gonna finally nerf her and ultimate to finally make her normal like all other champions.

So dose katrina still need a nerf yes or no

Furyfire

12-19-2009

Kat has incredibly low hp, 2 people could easily take her out and her Ulti is weak against stuns/tosses. That build they had on her is actually one of the STRATS on the other sites that I have seen. She doesn't need a nerf, she was just well played. Anyone playing Kat will only go in after a battle has started and the stuns have been used.

Pieceofcandy

12-19-2009

Fully buffed Bloodthirster awards 100 damage, so 240 dmg isn't odd.

Kat is usually very squishy, so you just have to focus her down and save CC for when she pops her ulti.

So, no she doesn't need a nerf.

Ez0 Wr80

12-19-2009

It's the fact that katrina doesn't have mana which makes her BS. You stack cooldown reduction and every 20 seconds you can use her ultimate, no other character has that kind of option where cooldown stacking is actually productive. Her damage isn't too bad but if she does stack up damage your pretty much boned every 20 seconds.

Kodoku

12-19-2009

Every 20 seconds? Didn't know you could have 60%+ cooldown reduction.

In any case, Katarina (not Katrina) is a lot like other assassins - if they feed early on, they will dominate the game. Otherwise, they can easily find themselves struggling to be useful. Katarina specifically has no CCs of any kind, and relies almost entirely on Death Lotus to be useful in group engagements. All it takes is one stun, knockback, fear, silence or grab to render her very weak for the next 60 seconds. And that's ignoring the inherent issues with a melee character with low health and no disables.

Finally, a big factor in making Katarina seem absurd is her passive - an assist/kill reduces all cooldowns by 20 seconds. If you're losing badly, that passive will let her use Death Lotus twice in one fight. Otherwise, it will have significantly weaker effect.

Xetal

12-19-2009

She has no stun.
She has no slow.
She has no silence.
She has no blind.

She has low HP and her ult relies on people staying within 550 (without being slowed unless by another source)... oh, and it's channeled and makes her stationary.

There is no way that Kat needs a nerf.

Furor

12-19-2009

A nerf on Kat wouldn't be productive for the game. As it stands, she still is a very questionable pick in any tournament format. Her viability relies on team-mates for soaking enemy damage and CC for keeping enemies within range of her ult, and for the enemies to fail at doing their job of stopping her when she does try to ult.

I main Kat in top tier games, and am widely regarded as the best Kat player at this time. I'm all for rebalancing her ult so that it isn't "omgwtfpwned" or "lulugotstunnedgg", but you'd have to also increase the potency of her other spells, perhaps even make all of them scale in the same fashion that her ult does (so that Shunpo also scaled with Attack Damage, for instance).

As others have pointed out, she has the easiest-to-disrupt Ult aside from Nunu and no CC to speak of (unless you count the heal debuff). The stationary nature and low range of Death Lotus means she has to put herself in the middle of a team most of the time in order to make effective use of it. With the new (nerfed) Cleanse, there's no real viable way to make sure it goes off full duration.

So, to put this simply: needs a nerf? No. Could use some rebalancing? Perhaps.

Gandalf 007

12-19-2009

Kat's a snowball champ like Yi. The more she kills the more frequently she can kill (due to her passive).

However, she's a complete one-trick-pony. BB is really only that great at early-game lane harassment, and mediocre at farming. Shunpo (on AD builds) is being used defensively far more often than offensively, usually.

That leaves just her ult as her main threat. Simply hold your stun and listen for the POP! noise as she shunpo's in, then stun her. 9 times out of 10 your stun will land 0.05 seconds into her lotus and it's completely wasted.......meaning she didn't get a kill to reset her cd's.........meaning now she can't shunpo out and is eating ****tons of damage (while accomplishing nothing)

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
Kat's a snowball champ like Yi. The more she kills the more frequently she can kill (due to her passive).

However, she's a complete one-trick-pony. BB is really only that great at early-game lane harassment, and mediocre at farming. Shunpo (on AD builds) is being used defensively far more often than offensively, usually.

That leaves just her ult as her main threat. Simply hold your stun and listen for the POP! noise as she shunpo's in, then stun her. 9 times out of 10 your stun will land 0.05 seconds into her lotus and it's completely wasted.......meaning she didn't get a kill to reset her cd's.........meaning now she can't shunpo out and is eating ****tons of damage (while accomplishing nothing)
I try to do that, but my team refuse to stay near even after that T-T And being a tank, I can't exactly do much by myself.

Gandalf 007

12-19-2009

Yeah, more people need to play as Kat. Once you play as her, you get a really good feel for Shunpo's range and cooldown, and it's far easier to anticipate (and avoid) the shunpo+lotus.

Many Kat players at my ELO I can simply bait out the lotus and then simply side-step it.