Trundle ranked 5v5 effectiveness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ILoveCuteStuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2010

i like him the most so far in the jungle but i feel his laning would be best served duo with a good early game snare/stun char. (taric/sion/xin or somethin)

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud30001 View Post
anivia walls people off better
singed slows better
pretty much any dps dpses better
olaf, udyr, poppy would be far better picks than trundle in ranked for the same slot he would take
Yeah these initial comments are kinda what I was talking about when I responded. Anivia's wall is better (debatable), but Anivia is a completely different type of champ. Other DPSers, while they may do more damage, dont have the same utility or survivability that Trundle has.

I think what we can agree upon however is the last part of your post. As far as cookie cutter dps/offtank goes there are better champs as I feel that you have to build your team around Trundle more than you do other champs. I do think that Trundle is the answer to the tanky dps problem that everyone is always screaming about. With so many teams using that particular team lineup, Trundle has more and more of a role to play

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0llSlght View Post
Trundle has No Farming ability....
Trundle has no gap closing ability...
His ult is pathetic...it makes you hard to kill...but if your team is still focusing the tank when u ult him..your team will still get raped...

trundle is suppose to be able to stick to an enemy...but he cant really do that...he has no burst..no aoe.. He contribute nothing to the team except a pillar... Which might be good in a kite team...but nothing else...

He is out down by nasus, nasus' Q is better than his Q, Nasus's slow is better, Nasus has an aoe that reduce armor + nasus has an ult that provides better utility than trundle (both provide survival)

And nasus is like....not very viable now...where do u think trundle will land..rofl...
It is extemely easy to last hit as Trundle. Not sure what you're talking about with farming. droping his W gives you a speed boost to close gaps. Droping his E slows the enemy to clsoe gaps. Doing both makes it super easy. His ult is the best (only?) anti tank ult in the game. You sir dont know what you 're talking about

imhuge

12-06-2010

pillar is way more annoying than Anivia's wall
speaking of Anivia, if Anivia leaves mid to gank side lane you can trap them in brush lol

ult is almost as strong as Morde's against carries, which is kinda ridiculous
definitely a Yi/Olaf level carry, especially with Golem
I almost always give Trundles Lizard

darkcloud30001

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Eye The Hard View Post
Yeah these initial comments are kinda what I was talking about when I responded. Anivia's wall is better (debatable), but Anivia is a completely different type of champ. Other DPSers, while they may do more damage, dont have the same utility or survivability that Trundle has.

I think what we can agree upon however is the last part of your post. As far as cookie cutter dps/offtank goes there are better champs as I feel that you have to build around Trundle more than you do other champs. I do think that Trundle is the answer to the tanky dps problem that everyone is always screaming about. With so many teams using that particular team lineup, Trundle has more and more of a role to play
We'll have at it hoss, but don't say I didn't warn ya when you drop below 1k rating playing trundle.

kefkac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2010

Quote:
anivia walls people off better
singed slows better
pretty much any dps dpses better
olaf, udyr, poppy would be far better picks than trundle in ranked for the same slot he would take

so you take one of the best slows in the game,the best blocker in the game,one of the best burst dpsers in the game,and proceed to say THAT ONE SINGLE CHAMPION THAT HAS ALL THOSE ABILITIES just not as good... sucks? I find that funny sir.

If you didn't build a slow on trundle,you're doing it wrong,his slow is also his wall,he has a steroid skill, and a decent trundle build with good use of Q and rabid right after begs to differ in terms of dps,specially on squishies while you are mowing them down with 200+mr and 200+ armor and you're stealing their attack damage.

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
We'll have at it hoss, but don't say I didn't warn ya when you drop below 1k rating playing trundle.
hehe if I drop below 1k it will be because of my play skill and not any one champ. I do appreciate your thoughts though

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post
so you take one of the best slows in the game,the best blocker in the game,one of the best burst dpsers in the game,and proceed to say THAT ONE SINGLE CHAMPION THAT HAS ALL THOSE ABILITIES just not as good... sucks? I find that funny sir.
this is exactly what I meant when I said you cant compare one individual skill from a single champ. You have to compare the champ as a whole. Any chapm that outdid all of his counterparts with each of his skills would be OP, and this would be a very different type of thread. /tiphat

darkcloud30001

12-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefkac View Post

If you didn't build a slow on trundle,you're doing it wrong,his slow is also his wall,he has a steroid skill, and a decent trundle build with good use of Q and rabid right after begs to differ in terms of dps,specially on squishies while you are mowing them down with 200+mr and 200+ armor and you're stealing their attack damage.

Main problem I found with trundle is you just get kited to hell despite his steriod speed boost and pillar. By the time you have them low enough for the kill someone will be there to mop you up too. People who are good aren't gonna stick around in melee ranged so you can bite them repeatedly. By the time you get a slow item it'll be to late. Trundle is one of those champs that if you aren't already winning you will lose harder and faster.

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
Main problem I found with trundle is you just get kited to hell despite his steriod speed boost and pillar. People who are good aren't gonna stick around in melee ranged so you can bite them repeatedly. By the time you get a slow item it'll be to late. Trundle is one of those champs that if you aren't already winning you will lose harder and faster.
that's a good point. Lots of champs have this problem though, and I havent noticed having an issue staying alive simply because I cant get away. W or E lets me get away pretty easily unless I'm overextended