Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trundle ranked 5v5 effectiveness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

I was wondering what your opinions are on Trundle in ranked. I've been playing him quite a bit in normal 5v5 games. I tried him once in jungling and found him to be lacking. Granted I'm not a very experienced jungler, but I can pull it off with Rammus easily. I find that he excels handily in laning so I dont think that he neccessarily needs to jungle to be effective.

Now with that said I'm thinking Trundle can excel in 5v5 if your team has an alternate jungler. His ultimate makes him one hell of an anti-tank. The CD on the ult is low so it can be used often. I've been building him as an AD tank, more leaning towards the AD part. I'll get merc treads, sheen, and MR or Armor depending on enemies as my core build. The rest of course being dictated by the game situation. His ult makes dropping a Cho who's so large he takes half the lane relatively easy. Got a problem with that Malphite? Ult him, team focus and watch him drop. I'm really thinking this guy has a role in almost any team composition because of that ult alone, nevermind the other utility he gives.

What are your opinions? My experience with ranked games is limited so I'm far from considering myself a pro LoLer. A team comp with Trundle, Warwick, any true tank, and 2 mage nukes sounds scary as hell.

The Drippy Sink

Recruiter

12-06-2010

Seems like a solid review of Trundle.

I see him being one of Riot's ways of saying:

"EFF you tanky DPS meta!"

Pivu

12-06-2010

Yup, Trundle can be an epic offtank, i would say he's something like nasus + olaf. He can even solo lane extremely well, without worrying about losing health due to harrass, thanks to great regeneration.

darkcloud30001

12-06-2010

Not viable, out done by other champs in every area. Doesn't do enough dmg, has no team utility besides pillar which ghost can run right through. Hes tough sure, but he doesn't do anything with that toughness that makes him good.

Don't play him in ranked, hes ****. Ya the ult would be good if it had a 2 second longer duration or half the cd it currently has. You'd have to have telepathic communication with your team in solo que to coordinate your team properly to make it effective.

Hes really great from lvl 1-8 or so, he just drops off a cliff after taht and is worthless.

One Eye The Hard

12-06-2010

Quote:
darkcloud30001:
Not viable, out done by other champs in every area. Doesn't do enough dmg, has no team utility besides pillar which ghost can run right through. Hes tough sure, but he doesn't do anything with that toughness that makes him good.

Don't play him in ranked, hes ****. Ya the ult would be good if it had a 2 second longer duration or half the cd it currently has. You'd have to have telepathic communication with your team in solo que to coordinate your team properly to make it effective.

Hes really great from lvl 1-8 or so, he just drops off a cliff after taht and is worthless.

What champs outdo what he does? Keep in mind that it's easy to say "so and so has a better slow", or "so and so does more dmg". Talk about the champions abilities as a WHOLE. It's the whole of the champ and not just one skill alone that makes him what he is. Usually its the one skill that makes him MORE SO what he is (in this case his ult). Anyway interested in more detail. Not trundling, just curious

darkcloud30001

12-06-2010

Quote:
One Eye The Hard:
What champs outdo what he does? Not trundling, just curious

anivia walls people off better
singed slows better
pretty much any dps dpses better
olaf, udyr, poppy would be far better picks than trundle in ranked for the same slot he would take

LegendReborn

12-06-2010

I think he's decent but people need time to learn him as with most new champions (which aren't proven to be overpowered).

DaveC524

12-06-2010

If Elementz says he's good, he's good.

D0llSlght

Recruiter

12-06-2010

Trundle has No Farming ability....
Trundle has no gap closing ability...
His ult is pathetic...it makes you hard to kill...but if your team is still focusing the tank when u ult him..your team will still get raped...

trundle is suppose to be able to stick to an enemy...but he cant really do that...he has no burst..no aoe.. He contribute nothing to the team except a pillar... Which might be good in a kite team...but nothing else...

He is out down by nasus, nasus' Q is better than his Q, Nasus's slow is better, Nasus has an aoe that reduce armor + nasus has an ult that provides better utility than trundle (both provide survival)

And nasus is like....not very viable now...where do u think trundle will land..rofl...

TalkGibberish

12-06-2010

People use his ult too often as an initiation. Thats not how I use it. I wait till I am already in the middle of the fight and at half health. It gives me some life and enough Armor and MR that I'm suddenly really tough to take out. After that, just go crazy. Use your wall to either catch the carry or to protect your own. I actually like it more than Anivia's wall, because Im melee anyways, so I'll be in the thick of things and able to use it in more places. If they just fix the ghost thing, it would be amazing.