Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Easily implemented Mordekaiser QoL idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

08-26-2013

so does this mean morde is up on the table for a visual rework?
i thought riot was gonna focus on getting those out this year, we are almost 75% in and we haven't seen many (i'm not complaining, love the new higher quality skins, and the new champs that seem more balanced at launch, but still)

GoodBadUglyHoe

08-26-2013

Heimerdinge's rework info was promised over 2 months ago. Why give a specific time table if you can't come within two months it?
If you set a deadline hit it, otherwise don't set one and go with your SOON TM line. People don't like being lied to. A little professionalism goes a long way.

Chaosos

08-26-2013

Could you throw in a snapback faded circle for morde during his ult

RainForrestGump

08-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i don't know how mordekaiser's ability is scripted offhand, so it might be possible to use that as a starting point, but tbh i personally don't think that would be the best way of communicating the effect (or even a great way). i'd rather custom make something for mace of spades. then again, i am very much a minimalist when it comes to these things, and i often want high returns—it's harder to do that when you borrow something made for someone else. we'll figure it out once we set aside some dedicated time for mordekaiser. :3

nyyyaaaagggghhhhh I got a red response, from one of my faves no less! Pure elation!

And I don't know that much about programming (1 high school class too stronk), but I am glad that my spit-balling idea at least made a minuscule impact on your thought process!

I can tell you guys all work really hard and I appreciate that you want to do it the best way, not the easiest/fastest way. Thanks for all you do!

Friendly Cadaver

08-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
i don't know how mordekaiser's ability is scripted offhand, so it might be possible to use that as a starting point, but tbh i personally don't think that would be the best way of communicating the effect (or even a great way). i'd rather custom make something for mace of spades. then again, i am very much a minimalist when it comes to these things, and i often want high returns—it's harder to do that when you borrow something made for someone else. we'll figure it out once we set aside some dedicated time for mordekaiser. :3

Look at Vayne's Condemn, or Brand's Conflagration. You could use similar techs to make Mordekaiser's Mace of Spades improve. When you use those other champs' abilities and hover over an enemy, you see the area of effect. If no one is hovered over, you only see your cursor. Mordekaiser would have it similarly: Activate Mace of Spades -> when your cursor hovers over an enemy, you see a ring signifying how close enemies have to be to that target to be affected by Mace of Spades.

Obviously easier said than done, but hopefully that could help make things faster!

Dokusei

Recruiter

08-26-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
okay, done. this should be in the next pbe update—thanks for the suggestion!

gg mordekaiser is ruined

Doct0r Phil

08-26-2013

I know you already increased Morde's model size, but I still wish that he was slightly bigger.

SlugDC

08-27-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
<snip> we'd bundle something like this in with a visual update

<hijack>
Morde's noggin is SO TINY. And he's visually sized weird; especially for a champ that is supposed to be ~8 ft. tall. Would love to see some sort of VU on this guy. He's always been my favorite champ.
</hijack>