Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

08-24-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:

I agree Kassadin is strong, and I'm currently playing in Plat. That being said, I don't think he's as completely broken as you present. The one thing that frustrates me is that he can get stomped in lane phase but still come out of it strong (for some strange reason even rushing Catalyst / Tear he does extraordinary damage).

Okay, I hate saying this since I like Kassadin, and I think if you get at him early game he never becomes a god... he is powerful but not a god.

So here it is... I think people use his ultimate as mentioned previously as a repeatable flash for roaming or just to harass. What would happen if you increase the cooldown but refreshed that cooldown if he landed on an enemy (kind of like Thresh's hook). This would make his roaming with the ult less powerful, while letting him go in on an enemy. Also if all he did was use it to get close enough for silence he would have to wait longer. IDK... something to think on.

Komeiji Koishi

08-24-2013

Is this going to set the tone for future map-specific balancing schedules?

Celestya

08-24-2013

Uh...why are you buffing Olaf's True Damage? WTF? Are you /trying/ to make him OP vs. melee champs? There's nothing anyone will be able to do against him if they're melee. Lowered CD on autos, scales with AD...I just don't understand this change. And honestly the rest of him is just nerfed...I am confused.

ReiseFuehrer

08-24-2013

Why wouldn't she just retarget on one of the targets she can see? Or is the use case of this, she uses blade waltz and it ends unexpectedly early because there are no targets, so this way she still won't deal any more damage but at least it lasts the full duration?

ReiseFuehrer

08-24-2013

Quote:
Duffman316:
ah, that's rather disappointing to hear :/

not even putting ad ratios on meditate instead of an ap ratio he'll never use?

Please no ad ratio on meditate. AP yi was so annoying. Meditate should either block stuns or at least break them on use - that is what yi needs to be viable at high tier play. With his current kit you just stun him once and gib him.

To the reds: People are specifically asking why this Yi change was a straight nerf when Morellos comment was that they were not going to nerf him, just change him to be less powerful at low Elo and more viable at high Elo. You kind of missed the second part.

Yfrappefort

08-24-2013

Hey Pwyff, I have a request. If it's possible, can you give Brand's ultimate the same thing you will do to Fiora's? Because right now it's very easy to deny Brand ultimate by simply having someone get untargetable (Hourglass, Fizz, Vlad, etc.) and it can nullify a big portion (or just "pop" the ult entirely if the first target goes untargetable) of his damage in team fights (or just 2 targets scenario).

Could you make it so that his ult would still use the untargetable target for a "bounce", without damaging it of course, but allowing it this way to continue bouncing the full 5 bounces if possible? Would be a nice QoL buff.

Eatmy310tsh

08-24-2013

Wait wut nobody even plays dominion and crystal scar anymore unless its hide n seek...

OxBaker

08-24-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
Clarification for Fiora:

If Fiora can find a target while Blade Waltzing, she will always complete her Blade Waltz within its AoE range. Meaning if there is a revealed enemy in the brush, and she kills a target outside of it with Blade Waltz, she will switch targets to the brush target (and deal damage). If there is a stealthed or untargetable target nearby (and nobody else), she will jump to them instead to complete her Blade Waltz but will not deal damage (because she shouldn't). Basically this creates consistency with her ultimate where if her target should be hit or should take damage from Blade Waltz, she will complete it with absolute consistency (and no interruptions due to losing vision or stealth).
Fiora's widely considered to be in pretty poor shape overall so why just stop at such a small tweak to her kit? Honestly, even after the Yi nerfs he's still in a better spot than Fiora.

Couldn't you do something for her passive as well? Many say that in it's current state it's almost non-existent.

DankLloydWright

Recruiter

08-24-2013

Can we get some more information on Olaf? I'd love it if the devs did some kind of Q & A on his rework, I absolutely love playing this guy and some of the changes are worrying me. Specifically, the removal of skill-based nuances to his play that separated the good Olafs from the great Olafs. For example:

Vicious Strikes
- Spellvamp removed

This means I can't activate W and hurl my axe through a creep wave/wraith camp/enemy team to heal a little chunk of HP. I always enjoyed this clever interaction, and it was a great way to hold onto your lane if you were being zoned away from being able to lifesteal off creeps. It was never a gamebreaking amount of health, but it was a fun little trick that makes you feel like you're clever.

Undertow
-Minimum distance added

This is to take away the ability to throw the axe at your feet, instantly picking it up, and throwing it again. This was always a fun thing for the Olaf player, but I can see how it would be hard to balance. I'd rather keep this and lose something else (just because it's so fun to spam abilities!), but if we're to lose this, why all the additional nerfs to the ability?

Ragnarok
-Active Reworked: Now removes the passive portion of the ability while active, grants a significant AD bonus

Very unintuitive. His ult makes him weaker? You're already taking away a lot of the incentive to build him tanky, I'm worried that you're trying to make him a squishy melee lifesteal carry a la Yi or Aatrox, or with the Undertow changes...Mundo?

Finally, in the post you mention that you want to "Make him more powerful" while leaving counterplay options to the enemy team. If giving him more power is your aim, then why so many "moderate" nerfs to his stats? Not a single ability escaped without having some kind of flat stat nerf.

This guy has some great ideas, I'm sure you've seen them!
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3648652

NukeBoxHero

08-24-2013

Those Olaf changes look interesting. I am interested to see how they work out although you might run into problems if I understand the % of lifesteal concept. Is it a % of his missing health he gets back based on his damage dealt, or just % of missing health?