Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tortferngatr

08-23-2013

Quote:
Duffman316:
what happened to the buffs that were supposed to make yi more viable in high elo?

Meditate.

lm Krueger ml

08-23-2013

The Fiora change is not good. You're removing counterplay from the Champion and seriously buffing her. You call it a QoL change but thats a massive buff.

meadow

08-23-2013

Dear Riot Pwyff, I would like to see a bit of clarification for the Nidalee traps + Teemo Traps (no time question xD!)

Will it only lower down the timers of visibility/existence of these traps in the wardless maps, or all maps on overall?

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

08-23-2013

Quote:
meadow:
Dear Riot Pwyff, I would like to see a bit of clarification for the Nidalee traps + Teemo Traps (no time question xD!)

Will it only lower down the timers of visibility/existance of these traps in the wardless maps, or all maps on overall?

It's contained under the Twisted Treeline / Crystal Scar changes so only those

KevinDelMarr

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
A few of our live designers are the ones in Diamond+ (I believe one is or was in Challenger) -________- And most if not all do watch competitive games worldwide. Calling something broken without actual debate doesn't give us much to work with!

You have to see that Zac is a tad too powerful, especially with Spirit Visage. It's sad in OGN watching a Shen of all Champs lose to a Zac 1v1 under a turret depite having probably just around a 1-1.5k gold advantage (Zac side). And I'm talking Shen at 80% and Zac at 100% with Zac escaping with 20% health and his passive still up.

A little overexaggrated, but you must see my point. I mean Hecarim was nerfed because he would run through your team, disrupt the enemy team + carry, and deal strong damage and taking none of his own. Then there's Zac who does pretty much the same thing, except he has a mini Hec Ult on his E plus a GA passive. When you use the "balance trinity" of tankiness/damage/utility Zac does too much of all 3, there has to be some more trade-offs. I think the fact he heals so much off his blobs without needing to do significant damage in return (Hecarim needed his team to deal significant damage) is a large source of his power. Imo there should be a cap on his healing, like no more than 20% of the cost or something (look at Renekton, or Hecarim in minions waves)

Anyway, I hope my complaints about Zac were reasonable.

AK MasterMason

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
A few of our live designers are the ones in Diamond+ (I believe one is or was in Challenger) -________- And most if not all do watch competitive games worldwide. Calling something broken without actual debate doesn't give us much to work with!

I will admit I might have been wrong with Vayne. the new Blade is what made Vayne so ridiculously strong and now that it's being nerfed over and over I'll have to wait and see how it affects Vayne's power. I still think she's OP but we will see.

As for Kassadin though, his early game is not weak enough for how stupid strong/mobile he is mid and late game.

My solutions. Increase CD on R or Add charges needed on E, or just mess with his base stats. So yes I am coming from solo ranked, but I've seen it in high elo off several streams. I have also seen him perma banned or just wrecking coordinated pro teams in EU LCS.

Riot Pwyff

Player Communications

Follow Riot Pwyff on Twitter

08-23-2013

Quote:
KevinDelMarr:
You have to see that Zac is a tad too powerful, especially with Spirit Visage. It's sad in OGN watching a Shen of all Champs lose to a Zac 1v1 under a turret depite having probably just around a 1-1.5k gold advantage (Zac side). And I'm talking Shen at 80% and Zac at 100% with Zac escaping with 20% health and his passive still up.

A little overexaggrated, but you must see my point. I mean Hecarim was nerfed because he would run through your team, disrupt the enemy team + carry, and deal strong damage and taking none of his own. Then there's Zac who does pretty much the same thing, except he has a mini Hec Ult on his E plus a GA passive. When you use the "balance trinity" of tankiness/damage/utility Zac does too much of all 3, there has to be some more trade-offs. I think the fact he heals so much off his blobs without needing to do significant damage in return (Hecarim needed his team to deal significant damage) is a large source of his power. Imo there should be a cap on his healing, like no more than 20% of the cost or something (look at Renekton, or Hecarim in minions waves)

Anyway, I hope my complaints about Zac were reasonable.

Hence why we've made some nerfs to his blob pickup mechanics and have been subsequently making changes to him in the past previous three patches But yes we do agree he is very strong as a champion (the base damage of his spells is insane!), so there we do have that.

Tortferngatr

08-23-2013

Hmm. Are the "list the various buffs towers get on live" readability items still planned to get put on towers?

I don't mean Crystal Mark and the Transmute item, I meant the "amp-up" and backdoor armor effects.

Mallian

08-23-2013

Hi.

NA Darklarik

08-23-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:

Then make a thread or responce to a Thread on the subject. They are everywhere. Being hush hush about the subject like it dosent exist isnt going to make it go away.

Ive seen tons of ideas on how to nerf Vayne, from making BORK's active melee only to avoid her insane kiting to making her W's RIDICULOUS true damage (which is 1 of the core problems) physical damage that way you can actually ITEMIZE against her.

What needs to be Nerfed, is her stupid Movespeed, which she dosent need considering she has one of the best repositioning skills in the game AND a knockback, and the worst of the things being her DAMN True damage which makes it impossible to build anything against her. AN ADC SHOULD NOT DEAL %HP TRUE DAMAGE.

Kog's %Hp damage is magical, is more managable to itemise against, and while the abilities vary in terms of Kog gaining range, range isnt as powerfull as A Huge Mov speed Steroid (30 Per Champion? Tripled in ULT!? Thats what, 180 mov for just 2 Champions?).

TLDR: NERF THE HELL OUT OF THAT TRUE DAMAGE!