Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-27-2013

Just checked the league wiki, and after testing, they say that Twisted Advance, Alpha Strike, Blade Waltz and Death Mark all delay projectiles from hitting until after the attack is finished.

The problem is, since Fiora is the ONLY one who becomes vulnerable DURING the channel of her ultimate, it will only delay the damage until she becomes targetable next, not until the complete end of the ultimate. This is a huge problem.

Just make Fiora COMPLETELY untargetable for the entire duration of her ultimate, and I'd be fine.

Coldmanj

08-27-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
NUMERICAL VALUES ARE EXCLUDED FROM PBE PATCH NOTES DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PBE (IT CHANGES!).

General

Attack Speed Buffs
Context: Champions previously only saw the benefit of attack speed buff skills after activating the skill and attacking once. These changes mean Champions with the relevant steroid skills (Graves, Twitch etc.) will see the increased attack speed instantly rather than after their next attack.
- Fixed a bug that now all the temporary attack speed buff would be effective immediately, rather than after first attack

So there is something I would like to ask in regard to this particular change. While it may seem intuitive to make this change, was it not like this a while ago? I thought the change to the way it is currently on live was to make it so you were able to get the whole benefit from the attack speed boost rather than lose a half second of the buff because of when you used the skill.

If you were to make it so that casting quickdraw reset his attack and then had it activate cause to much added power. (I cant remember at the moment if quick draw already resets your attack or not, if it does ignore this)

There is another champ however that I do feel fits into this category slightly as well and that is Elise and her skittering frenzy. Right now it activates on the next auto attack which is good and it should be that way... however activating the spell does not reset her attack, this causes confusion in my mind as when you activate the skill when you are already attacking someone you expect it to go off and start gaining its benefits right away. As it stands if you activate it right after you land an auto attack you have to wait for your next attack before you start receiving any healing from your spiderlings which may be to late when it finally happens. (if it actually does do this... for the love of all that is holy speed up her attack animation in spider form because that lag time is ridiculous early on)

Vorimate

08-27-2013

Tentatives PBE changes ?

Add this : http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3776529

Kilois

Recruiter

08-28-2013

could you double check that Miss Fortune's w gets the fix to attack speed skills that twitch and graves are getting?

shroooooomed

08-29-2013

Any changes on oracles? i really hate that item right now, and it doesnt actually help against stealthed units like rengar or eve since rengar can jump from further than the vision range, and eve's detection range is basically the same or bigger than oracles vision range.

Currently all that item does is force both sides to starve their supports into spamming it and severely limiting vision on both sides. There doesnt seem to be much counterplay to them...

wards already had counterplay with pinks imo

AmanteSC

08-29-2013

On the topic of Fiora (who has an ult change hitting PBE), I really feel like she's a few tweaks and QoL fixes away from being a well rounded and playable champion. Has the prospect of tweaking her other, non-ult abilities been considered?

W:
Why doesn't it negate on-hit effects attached to the autoattack you're parrying? It feels counter-intuitive to Riposte something like a Teemo autoattack and still get poisoned.

E:
It'd make a lot more sense to me if the two benefits from this skill were reversed -- which is to say, if activation granted move speed and successive hits granted attack speed. It's the opposite at the moment, which is also quite counter-intuitive.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-31-2013

Quote:
AmanteSC:

E:
It'd make a lot more sense to me if the two benefits from this skill were reversed -- which is to say, if activation granted move speed and successive hits granted attack speed. It's the opposite at the moment, which is also quite counter-intuitive.

Functionally, since the way to get attack speed is . . . attacking, and not attacking means you won't notice whether or not you get attack speed or not, how is this functionally different than giving both the movespeed AND attack speed on activation, and just having basic attacks and lunges extend it's duration?

Bigger problem, WHY DOES RIPOSTE BLOCK SIEGE MINION PROJECTILES? that hurts Fiora so much, and basically means, don't EVER engage on a siege minion wave because you'll invariably block the minion instead of the champion.

More than changes to "Burst of Speed" I'd rather see lunge get a slightly longer time window to activate the second lunge, and be able to lunge to allied minions. To balance it, though, you could make it so that lunging to an allied minion as the first part of your lunge never activates the bonus second lunge.

Xedrox

08-31-2013

@Riot pwff : can we talk about Nidalee's Q for a little bit? isnt it a little overpowered to have a 1k damage poke on a 6 second CD...i understand people can dodge but even if one hits you it does around 1/2 of the maximum health. This hurts a lot, especially during the laning phase and pre-teamfights

I understand when we nerf Nidalee's Q she might be a little underpowered but isnt it clear that she is already broken that she relies on a single ability to make up for all the other 7 abilities?

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-31-2013

Quote:
Xedrox:
@Riot pwff : can we talk about Nidalee's Q for a little bit? isnt it a little overpowered to have a 1k damage poke on a 6 second CD...i understand people can dodge but even if one hits you it does around 1/2 of the maximum health. This hurts a lot, especially during the laning phase and pre-teamfights

I understand when we nerf Nidalee's Q she might be a little underpowered but isnt it clear that she is already broken that she relies on a single ability to make up for all the other 7 abilities?

Agreed. I don't like Nidalee. I don't think she's overpowered, but I hate the way she works and is balanced. She's basically just a MASSIVE poke that is really annoying to chase down.

I feel like Karma takes the same concept but does it better. She's slippery with big poke, but she's not AS slippery, and her poke isn't AS ridiculous. But she actually has more team fight presence, and is way less selfishly balanced than nid