Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[8/23/2013] Tentative PBE Changes & Discussion (3.11)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
thresholden:
I'm okay with tethers persisting through Fiora's ultimate because it does the same with Fizz and Vlad.

Except Fizz and Vlad can both run away from it while untargetable, Fiora is stuck attached to you for 1.25 seconds, and cannot voluntarily break out of it.

And for those who say "Just don't ult fiddlesticks while he's draining you" Blade Waltz has a cast time, and he can cast it AFTER you cast blade waltz.

@ Volty about "some abilities are defensive and some untargetable abilities are offensive" Even ignoring the fact that it gives inconsistent definitions for the word "untargetable" in League of Legends, the better question might be WHY can't fiora have the defensive form of untargetablity? Blade waltz is meant to be her primary defense of any sort (in fact it's practically her ONLY defensive ability, and it's not smart to build her tanky)
So does it honestly hurt the game to give her all the advantages of a Vlad pool? Because it'd make Fiora very happy, and most of her foes would have, honestly, expected that behavior from her ultimate anyway

CureWorldHunger

08-26-2013

Quote:
Volty:

I've tested and you can't be struck by skill shots or area of effect spells during Blade Waltz. Same for bots targeting me during the effect. I've tried this out against bots repeatedly, slowing the game down to carefully examine the interaction, and Annie bots will patiently wait to cast their Disintegrates until Blade Waltz is entirely complete.

I hope this helps clear up some of the understanding around Blade Waltz's behaviors. I'm personally very excited to play with the more consistent version of Blade Waltz coming out in 3.11.

Im sorry Volty but this isnt true. I played Fiora today and was hit by a Sona Q DURING my ult! I turret dove and as the TOWER did the PING to reacquire me as I became targetable (Her ult temporarily makes her targetable while it looks for its next target. I may be wrong but this is what it seems like) she pressed Q and it killed me. I was on my 2ND strike and I was shocked. Sona was JUST as confused as she spammed chat with HOW DID I KILL YOU! Seeing as it was Sona she didnt have ignite NOR any DOTS. She literally pressed Q when I was low and in my ult and killed me. My suggestion is somehow make fiora TRULY untargetable during those 4 SEPERATE channels during her ult.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
SeasonalDistress:
Im sorry Volty but this isnt true. I played Fiora today and was hit by a Sona Q DURING my ult! I turret dove and as the TOWER did the PING to reacquire me as I became targetable (Her ult temporarily makes her targetable while it looks for its next target. I may be wrong but this is what it seems like) she pressed Q and it killed me. I was on my 2ND strike and I was shocked. Sona was JUST as confused as she spammed chat with HOW DID I KILL YOU! Seeing as it was Sona she didnt have ignite NOR any DOTS. She literally pressed Q when I was low and in my ult and killed me. My suggestion is somehow make fiora TRULY untargetable during those 4 SEPERATE channels during her ult.

This. It is HARD to target her, but you can definitely do it. It's just it normally only happens due to chance, which is bad for the game.

CureWorldHunger

08-26-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
This. It is HARD to target her, but you can definitely do it. It's just it normally only happens due to chance, which is bad for the game.

Her ult is just HORRIDLY inconsistent!

Zeds ult makes him UNTARGETABLE and POPS projectiles!

Fiora's ult makes her untargetable AT CERTAIN PERIODS OF THE ULT and doesnt pop projectiles AS YOU USE IT!

What part of untargetable am I missing here?

I have been hit my KARTHUS defile in my ult. Sona Qs. LEONA ULTS which knock me out of my ult...Its ridiculous! I have ALOT of fiora games under my belt. I can tell you without a doubt her ult is buggy and needs to be made like other similar skills.

SonicTheHedgedawg

08-26-2013

Quote:
SeasonalDistress:
Her ult is just HORRIDLY inconsistent!

Zeds ult makes him UNTARGETABLE and POPS projectiles!

Fiora's ult makes her untargetable AT CERTAIN PERIODS OF THE ULT and doesnt pop projectiles AS YOU USE IT!

What part of untargetable am I missing here?

I have been hit my KARTHUS defile in my ult. Sona Qs. LEONA ULTS which knock me out of my ult...Its ridiculous! I have ALOT of fiora games under my belt. I can tell you without a doubt her ult is buggy and needs to be made like other similar skills.

pretty sure I've been KILLED by an ezreal Q while I ulted... I was like wtf

CureWorldHunger

08-26-2013

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
pretty sure I've been KILLED by an ezreal Q while I ulted... I was like wtf

I can do you one better. MF Q that bounced off my JUNGLER killed me once. As I ulted her. Its so retarded. EVEN THE WIKI says its a .65 second CHANNEL during each slash. They have .65 seconds to target you. SMARTCAST SPAM MAKES THIS POSSIBLE!

Pink Moon Bunny

08-26-2013

@Volty Is there suppose to be a reason why Blade Waltz stops dealing damage but continues to go off as the enemy target enters a brush?

Cacahao

08-26-2013

Question: Could fiora get crit on blade waltz as alpha strike does? With that building crit on fiora should make sense.

Maxtras

08-27-2013

wont there be more discussion on master yi?
he is incredibly weak early game
and higher tiers doesnt want him

Oug

08-27-2013

Quote:
Riot Pwyff:
I think the question I have is what do you think Fiora's ult is supposed to work like?

Also we did not "pull" Fiora from some other patch. She was always intended for this patch (or should be) - we split 3.10 up due to other problems. Stability is important to us regardless of it being a world finals patch or not, so these were choices made in the name of stability alone. It's not a great player experience if we hit game crashing bugs in the name of getting content out super fast.

I feel obliged to mention that I have had towers acquire and shoot at while in the MIDDLE of Fiora's ult. This is NOT acceptable behavior, as she is *supposed* to be untargetable.

I am also not a fan of targeted stuns stopping the ultimate mid-flight. There should be consistency of wording. Fizz's targetable tag should indicate the EXACT same in-game skill mechanic as Fiora's, Master Yi's, and Vladimir's.